NFL on CBS
NFL on FOX
SportsIllustrated.com
Cleveland PlainDealer
Canton Repository
Akron BeaconJournal
DawgTalkers Pick'ems

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> Tailgate Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
candyman92
Legend

Reged: Apr 02 2007

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: Spergon FTWynn]
      #900429 - Thu Feb 16 2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

I like Blake Griffin, but I can see him, once he gets to the playoffs, being the guy that makes a few nice plays early when the energy is huge, and then you won't see him the rest of the game.

I think blake is a good player, but like you said. He will not being dunking on guys all game. Just do what the Cavs did to him or hell make him take jump shots.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
no_logo_required
Legend

Reged: Oct 11 2006

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: Spergon FTWynn]
      #900451 - Thu Feb 16 2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

I like Blake Griffin, but I can see him, once he gets to the playoffs, being the guy that makes a few nice plays early when the energy is huge, and then you won't see him the rest of the game.

you mean he's the new Dominique Wilkins. yeah, I agree.

--------------------
Logos? We don't need no stinking logos.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
Adam_P
Hall of Famer

Reged: Nov 20 2006
Loc: South Euclid, OH

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: no_logo_required]
      #900681 - Fri Feb 17 2012 07:48 PM

Someone call Byron Scott and remind him that Chris Bosh always lights us up.

candyman92
Legend

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: Adam_P]
      #900683 - Fri Feb 17 2012 07:52 PM

Got damn, Miami is not going to lose in the playoffs. This team is way too good.

--------------------

Psydeffect
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 11 2006
Loc: Middletown, Ohio

#900684 - Fri Feb 17 2012 07:54 PM

I guess we're just gonna stand around and throw up 3's all night.

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: candyman92]
      #900685 - Fri Feb 17 2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Got damn, Miami is not going to lose in the playoffs. This team is way too good.

They're playing the Cavs. Missing three of their better players. And Wade is getting absolute gifts from the officials.

Freaking Dwyane Wade has got to be my least favorite player in the entire damn league.

Spergon FTWynn
Legend

Reged: Sep 12 2006
Loc: 16 spots ahead of Tom Brady

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: Psydeffect]
      #900686 - Fri Feb 17 2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

I guess we're just gonna stand around and throw up 3's all night.

I believe that's called the Badger offense

--------------------

@dpaoloni

candyman92
Legend

#900687 - Fri Feb 17 2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

They're playing the Cavs. Missing three of their better players. And Wade is getting absolute gifts from the officials.

Freaking Dwyane Wade has got to be my least favorite player in the entire damn league.

Who is going to beat them in the playoffs?

Maybe the Knicks or OKC.

--------------------

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

#900688 - Fri Feb 17 2012 07:59 PM

Who knows. Did you think the Mavs were going to beat them last year? That's why they play the games. Miami has exactly one player for whom crucial playoff moments are not too much to handle. And they still don't have a center or a point guard.

candyman92
Legend

#900689 - Fri Feb 17 2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Who knows. Did you think the Mavs were going to beat them last year? That's why they play the games. Miami has exactly one player for whom crucial playoff moments are not too much to handle.

I remember seeing them cruise through the eastern conference unchallenged. The only team that will beat them is OKC or New York (if they click).

--------------------

leadtheway
Dawg Talker

Reged: Mar 13 2008

#900691 - Fri Feb 17 2012 08:01 PM

This whole team is a damn joke, scott included...worthless.....Grant better clean house, if we are going to have to watch crappy product, i rather not pay jamison 15 million to clank 45000 shots a game and give up 40 to his guy every night...andy and kyrie are the only nba caliber players on this team...And someone tell ramon its ok to push wade back when youre getting backed down like a 5th grader...christ..lol the one game anyone in that arena cares about this year and its over halfway through the first. Kinda shows you how far away we are from being relevant again...thats why i'm getting rid of anyone over 30 and trying to stockpile picks for this deep draft coming up

--------------------
"To be a Brown is to be bestowed with dignity and honor, and to be a part of a rich history." - Josh Cribbs

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

#900692 - Fri Feb 17 2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Who knows. Did you think the Mavs were going to beat them last year? That's why they play the games. Miami has exactly one player for whom crucial playoff moments are not too much to handle.

I remember seeing them cruise through the eastern conference unchallenged. The only team that will beat them is OKC or New York (if they click).

I remember seeing the Cavs cruise through the playoffs until they hit a Boston team that was "too old" and then get their asses handed to them, too.

Considering I doubt they make it out of the East this year, I don't think OKC will get the chance. Slow the game down and sprinkle in some 2-3 zones from time to time and you'll beat Miami in a 7-game series. I can tell you one thing about whoever knocks them out: they'll have an excellent center.

candyman92
Legend

#900693 - Fri Feb 17 2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Considering I doubt they make it out of the East this year, I don't think OKC will get the chance. Slow the game down and sprinkle in some 2-3 zones from time to time and you'll beat Miami in a 7-game series. I can tell you one thing about whoever knocks them out: they'll have an excellent center.

That's why I give the Knicks hope.

--------------------

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

#900694 - Fri Feb 17 2012 08:08 PM

I agree. If Carmelo can mesh with Jeremy Lin (and Lin can keep playing at the level he's playing at now) then that team has a chance to be something special. A (potentially) excellent PG with two top scorers and a top-flight center is the recipe for success in the NBA.

As for this game right now...this type of score is to be expected when you're clanging shots off the rim and nobody is even attempting to get offensive rebounds against a team that can only win by fastbreaking you to death. Maybe our ROY should consider making a shot.

That hit that Battier just gave defending Eyenga is a foul if its anyone on the Cavs guarding Wade.

Psydeffect
Hall of Famer

Loc: Middletown, Ohio

#900695 - Fri Feb 17 2012 08:16 PM

Yeah there's already Linsanity on NBA gametime tonight lol.

I'll probably end up flipping back and forth between this debacle and gametime the rest of the night.

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: Psydeffect]
      #900696 - Fri Feb 17 2012 08:28 PM

Wow. Dwyane Wade just drew a foul by posting up on Gee and then flopping when Gee pulled the chair out. Then Norris Cole drove to the hoop and leaped and landed but didn't shoot until he had already landed, was untouched, and drew a shooting foul. Then LeBron just drove untouched to the basket and drew a foul. Sickening.

Cole moving into Gee and draws the charge. Neverending.

ThatGuy
Hall of Famer

Reged: Jan 29 2010

#900698 - Fri Feb 17 2012 08:47 PM

I wonder if LeBron still wants to come back now...?

--------------------
Afghanistan sucks, if you weren't aware...

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: ThatGuy]
      #900704 - Fri Feb 17 2012 09:54 PM

Tough to win when you shoot under 40% from the field and your opponent shoots 67% from outside the arc. And you're missing three key players. Not gonna be too upset about this one, other than the atrocious effort on the offensive glass. At one point somebody on the Cavs shot a three and all five Cavs players were outside the arc before the ball left the shooter's hand.

Kyrie's gonna have to step his game way up if they want to have any success in injury depletion mode. 33% from the field and 2 assists isn't gonna cut it.

ThatGuy
Hall of Famer

#900708 - Fri Feb 17 2012 10:16 PM

I'm glad I wasn't able to attend the game tonight, hopefully I'll get to one sooner or later...

Sidenote: I think the thing I hate most about ESPN.com is the fact that every video on every page plays automatically. It's annoying when I'm trying to read something, or when it lags my crappy desktop to the point that I can't even pause the video...

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

#900713 - Fri Feb 17 2012 10:34 PM

please stop the Knicks blather. no team without great team defense that can constantly mix things up and make the Heat take bad shots is going to beat them.

a team like the Knicks getting in a track meet with the Heat in the playoffs and not playing defense other than Chandler and Jeffries? that's a sweep folks.

Chicago is the only hope in the East and it's slim (Orlando if someone gifts them a wing defender and they keep Dwight). OKC, Memphis, SA, and a few others at least have a shot from the West.

--------------------

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Loc: YTown, Ohio

#900716 - Fri Feb 17 2012 10:47 PM

Yeah, it's hard to compete with one of, if not the best team in the NBA missing your starting C and SG ...... and your primary backup SG as well.

--------------------
Welcome to the Browns Coach Pettine.

Hope you survive the experience.

candyman92
Legend

#900728 - Fri Feb 17 2012 11:33 PM

Chicago has zero chance of beating Miami. They were dominated last year. I would not be shocked if Miami swept them in the playoffs

--------------------

ThatGuy
Hall of Famer

#900731 - Fri Feb 17 2012 11:53 PM

But they have Rip now!

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

#900732 - Fri Feb 17 2012 11:53 PM

i wouldn't be surprised either. sadly, that's what the East is this year.

--------------------

candyman92
Legend

#900740 - Sat Feb 18 2012 12:24 AM

I don't know if there's any team in worse shape the the Suns at the moment. They have no talent to develop what so ever.

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

#900742 - Sat Feb 18 2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

I don't know if there's any team in worse shape the the Suns at the moment. They have no talent to develop what so ever.

i like Markieff Morris. and, yeah, they need to trade Nash just to bottom out and start building back up, but it's such a fair-weather town that it's tough to do (they support the Suns more than the Dbacks, Cards, Coyotes, but still alot of non-lifers in that city make it pretty fair-weather)

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

#900746 - Sat Feb 18 2012 12:47 AM

SHANNON BROWN!

way to be passive Pau and Andrew. it's called boxing out and going for rebounds, you might want to try it some time.

(terrible game by Pau all the way around tonight)

--------------------

candyman92
Legend

#901056 - Sun Feb 19 2012 03:28 PM

JR smith is perfect for the Knicks.

--------------------

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

#901086 - Sun Feb 19 2012 04:32 PM

Man, they're drooling over Miami's "amazing" 24-7 record to start the season. Don't seem to recall that sort of hoopla when the Cavs were 26-5 or 33-8 in 2008...

Anybody gonna be surprised if JJ Hickson lights the Cavs up tonight?

candyman92
Legend

#901125 - Sun Feb 19 2012 06:30 PM

Charlotte is the worst team in basketball history.

They have 2 points with less than 4 minutes in the 1st quarter.

--------------------

bg819
Practice Squad

Reged: Mar 30 2007

#901156 - Sun Feb 19 2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Anybody gonna be surprised if JJ Hickson lights the Cavs up tonight?

Yep

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: bg819]
      #901160 - Sun Feb 19 2012 09:48 PM

Haha. I'm surprised he didn't going considering the Cavs' difficulty with athletic stretch-4 types. I guess Thomas and Cousins were doing more than their fair share though. That Thomas kid looked real good. Near triple double.

candyman92
Legend

#901167 - Sun Feb 19 2012 10:59 PM

91 = combined points for Westbrook and Durant. They alone, outscored 6 NBA teams today. First time since 1996 Bulls (Jordan/Pippen) that 2 teammates each scored 40 or more.

OKC could be the only team that has a realistic chance of beating the Heat right now.

--------------------

ThatGuy
Hall of Famer

#901170 - Sun Feb 19 2012 11:08 PM

If it's any consolation, according to the 2k12 Assaciation I'm currently on, Lebron & Co.don't even make the Finals in the next 3 years he's there, and he opts out, and signs a MLE (cause the only team that could afford him, Me, Cleveland, chose NOT to sign him) with Charlotte..

And now in 2015-16 in my first year making the playoffs finally, first round is Charlotte #1 vs. Cleveland #8!

--------------------

candyman92
Legend

Re: Cavs Thread [Re: ThatGuy]
      #901172 - Sun Feb 19 2012 11:11 PM

Damn it I'm partially wrong. It's the first that it's happened in the regular season since MJ and Scottie. Jalen Rose and Reggie Miller went for 40+ in the playoffs after Pippen/Jordan.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200005060IND.html

Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook & Serge Ibaka are 1st teammates with 50-pt game, 40-pt game & triple double in same game

--------------------

candyman92
Legend

#901380 - Tue Feb 21 2012 03:18 AM

Hopefully the Cavs can trade Sessions to the Lakers for 1st round pick(s). Even though it would be late, we could get someone with potential in this deep draft. Tony Mitchell from North Texas intrigues me if he declares. 6'8" 220lbs small forward with speed and athleticism. Strong as an ox. Very efficient on the court. For some reason went to North Texas instead of Missouri and he was a 5 star recruit. Think Michael Beasley meets Ron Artest. His ceiling is quite high. His floor is also quite low. He's a boom or bust type. He can hit the three, defend threes and fours, and is pretty damn good in transition. He's got a great wingspan for a three, can rebound tremendously well, and can block shots at a pretty high rate. He's a tweener at this moment in time since he has the ability to play the three but might ultimately be a stretch four that can beat his guy off the dribble and get to the rim with sheer athleticism. When he was in high school he was measured with a 7'2" wingspan so a 6'9" small forward with a chiseled frame and long arms is basically a premier defensive player in the NBA. While Beasley meeting Artest doesn't sound great, I'm more or less talking about Beasley's offensive potential coming out.

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

#901405 - Tue Feb 21 2012 09:35 AM

tomas satoransky from Czech is another one. haven't seen him play since he's in the Euro leagues, but the scouting reports on him are promising:

http://nbadraft.net/players/tomas-satoransky

--------------------

candyman92
Legend

#901609 - Tue Feb 21 2012 09:16 PM

Kyrie is unbelievable in the 4th quarter

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

#901616 - Tue Feb 21 2012 09:38 PM

he ain't too shabby in 1-3 either.

--------------------

Flap
Dawg Talker

Reged: Sep 21 2006
Loc: Grand Rapids, MI

#901617 - Tue Feb 21 2012 09:39 PM

Who was that wearing the Jamison jersey?

--------------------
Crowded elevators smell different to short people...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> Tailgate Forum

Extra information
2 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 17181

Jump to

Contact Us dawgtalkers.net