Akron BeaconJournal
DawgTalkers Pick'ems

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> Pure Football Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Reged: Sep 11 2006
Loc: YTown, Ohio

Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin?
      #898459 - Fri Feb 10 2012 12:32 AM

It would be a real shame if the Steelers started having internal issues over this stuff.

I do think that it makes Tomlin look weak, and a weak looking coach on a team with players like Harrison could look like red meat at a zoo.

Pittsburgh Steelers' problems? Did president Art Rooney II ignore coach Mike Tomlin's wishes in switch of offensive coordinators? | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2012/02/pittsburgh_steelers_problems_d.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns' fans, here is a brief history of your team's "rivalry" with the Pittsburgh Steelers:
Beginning in 1950, with the Browns' entry into the NFL, Cleveland won 32 of its first 41 games against the Steelers.

Pittsburgh's domination of its turnpike rival in the 1970s and a Cleveland rally in the mid- to late-80s proceeded the Browns' move to Baltimore following the 1995 season. By then, the teams had played 93 times. The Browns had won 52 games; the Steelers, 41, including a playoff contest.

Following its return to the NFL as a franchise in 1999, Cleveland actually won two of its first three meetings with Pittsburgh. Since then, it's been a disaster. The Steelers have won 22 of the last 24 games, including one in the playoffs. Pittsburgh is 16-1 against the Browns since the teams' second meeting of the 2003 season.

(Cleveland.com's Browns history database features Plain Dealer stories on every Browns regular season and playoff game from 1946 through 2010. This is the first of five pages of links to stories on the Browns' games against the Steelers)

The best way for the Browns to someday catch up with their AFC North rival? Maybe to have the Steelers collapse from within?

Gerry Dulac writes for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Todd Haley was introduced today as the Steelers' new offensive coordinator.

Haley replaces Bruce Arians, whom Pittsburgh let walk after his contract expired at the end of the past season. Arians, the Browns' offensive coordinator from 2001-03, was the Steelers' wide receivers coach from 2004-06 before taking charge of the entire offense in 2007. He was part of Pittsburgh's Super Bowl winning teams in the 2005 and 2008 seasons. Arians was named the Indianapolis Colts' offensive coordinator on Jan. 28.

Now, where Browns' fans may find hope that the Steelers will become their own worst enemies -- the speculation that Pittsburgh president Art Rooney II ignored coach Mike Tomlin's wishes that Arians stay on as the offensive architect.

Ron Cook, writing today for the Post-Gazette about the Steelers' offensive coordinator intrigue, refers to a Jan. 21 report by his colleague, Gerry Dulac.

And, Cook wrote earlier today, anticipating how Tomlin would handle questions about the change in offensive coordinators:

No one at Steelers headquarters has disputed the report by the Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac that Tomlin told Arians right after the season that he wanted him back and told staff members that Arians would be back. No one, including team president Art Rooney II, has disputed Dulac's report that Rooney II trumped Tomlin and forced out Arians.

The way Arians' exit was handled made Tomlin look weak. How does Tomlin put a positive spin on that?

Certainly by now, Tomlin has a better grip on the company line. He'll put on a smile -- real or otherwise -- when Haley steps to the lectern today. By the time he finally sits down with the media again -- it hasn't happened since the day after the playoff loss against the Denver Broncos -- he probably will make Haley sound like the second coming of Bill Walsh.
Cook also wrote:

I'm guessing Tomlin will have the chance to be here for a long time. I'm just not so sure anymore that he wants to stay.

We're not going to have to wait long to find out.

Steelers.com has reported Tomlin's contract runs through next season with an option for 2013.

Browns' fans see enough problems with their own team, but they might be curious to see how the situation plays out in Pittsburgh.

--------------------
Welcome to the Browns Coach Pettine.

Hope you survive the experience.

"Danger is real, but fear is a choice." Cavaliers Coach David Blatt, from his son

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
Damanshot
Legend

Loc: Aurora, Ohio

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: YTownBrownsFan]
      #898485 - Fri Feb 10 2012 07:24 AM

Always, in the past, you could count on the Steelers to stay the course with a Coach.. I have no idea if the desire to follow a successful plan is still in place as it has been since 1969.

I get no joy from seeing them falter. If we beat them, I don't want any excuses about how they've fallen on hard times. I want to beat them at thier best. it will mean soooo much more.

--------------------
If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving isn't for you

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
mac
Hall of Famer

Reged: Dec 01 2006
Loc: OHIO

#898491 - Fri Feb 10 2012 07:33 AM

Information to consider when asking why Todd Haley?...

Early years

Haley was born on February 28, 1967, in Atlanta, Georgia. He is the son of Dick Haley, formerly Director of Player Personnel for the Pittsburgh Steelers (1971–1990) and New York Jets (1991–2002) and also a former NFL cornerback (1959–1964).

As a youth, Haley was a ball boy for the Steelers and attended Steelers training camps with his father. Alongside his father, Haley would watch the Steelers' game and practice film. While his family was located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for his father's profession, Haley attended Upper St. Clair High School. He went on to attend the University of Florida and University of Miami, playing on the two schools' respective golf squads. Haley graduated from the University of North Florida in 1991 with a bachelor's degree in communication.

web page

So there is a link between Todd Haley and the Steelers, though it is a very weak one, imo. The son of Dick Haley, who was Director of Player Personnel for the Steelers (1971–1990) and Todd was also a ball boy for the Steelers.

This is going to something to watch..to see how BR reacts to Haley and his methods. I can only hope the two are like oil and water..clashing over the way to run the offense.

I'm assuming Haley will bring his own offense to Pitts, which means everyone on the offense will be learning something new.

--------------------
....WOOF....GRRR....CHOMP....MAC

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: Damanshot]
      #898495 - Fri Feb 10 2012 07:47 AM

Shoot, it wouldn;t bother me one bit to see them become the team that fights it out to see whether they win 4 or 5 games each year. lol We've gone through it long enough.

--------------------

"Danger is real, but fear is a choice." Cavaliers Coach David Blatt, from his son

FL_Dawg
Hall of Famer

Reged: May 04 2008
Loc: Austinburg OH

#898496 - Fri Feb 10 2012 07:48 AM

Thanks for posting YTown, but does this really warrant having it's own thread?

We already have a thread for fired Coach's.

But then I guess you already new this and had your reasons.

--------------------

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: FL_Dawg]
      #898498 - Fri Feb 10 2012 07:52 AM

Actually, the "fired coaches" thread is getting pretty long in the tooth, about to the point where the Refs tend to lock 'em up, and when I looked around the board, I couldn't find the thread that had Arians on it anyway.

This was also new, and pretty inflammatory information, which I felt was worthy of its own thread. It goes beyond a coach was fired, to a coach was fired, over the objections of a 2 time Super Bowl head coach. (with one win and one loss in his 1st 5 years)

--------------------

FL_Dawg
Hall of Famer

Reged: May 04 2008
Loc: Austinburg OH

#898500 - Fri Feb 10 2012 08:00 AM

Fair enough ... Carry on

--------------------

Damanshot
Legend

#898501 - Fri Feb 10 2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Shoot, it wouldn;t bother me one bit to see them become the team that fights it out to see whether they win 4 or 5 games each year. lol We've gone through it long enough.

If you want to be thought of as the best, you have to beat the best.. JMO

--------------------

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

#898504 - Fri Feb 10 2012 08:19 AM

Perhaps ...... but I don't see them lamenting our plight all that much.

--------------------

mac
Hall of Famer

Reged: Dec 01 2006
Loc: OHIO

#898513 - Fri Feb 10 2012 08:35 AM

jc..

Roethlisberger says he’s heard “both good and bad” about Haley

February 10, 2012, 6:55 AM EST

When the Steelers pushed out offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, and tried to pass it off as Arians voluntarily retiring, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was disappointed, as the two have long had a close relationship. Now the Steelers have hired Todd Haley to replace Arians, and Roethlisberger isn’t sure what to think.

“I haven’t talked to him,” Roethlisberger told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I’ve gotten a lot of calls and texts and emails from people around the league, both good and bad about him.”

It’s not surprising that Roethlisberger has heard both good and bad. Haley is widely regarded as a smart game planner and play caller, but he’s also widely regarded as a difficult person to work with. When Steve Breaston, who has played for Haley in both Arizona and Kansas City, referred to Haley as “not always a butthole,” that was high praise compared to what many others have said about Haley.

For his part, Roethlisberger said he’s hearing plenty from people he knows around the league, but he’s going to withhold judgment about Haley until they’ve had a chance to work together.

“Everybody has an opinion, as we all know, and they’re letting me know what their interaction with him was — good, bad and indifferent,” Roethlisberger said. “I’ve heard a lot of things and I’m looking forward to meeting him and forming my own opinion.”

Still, Roethlisberger said he was “shocked” that Arians wasn’t brought back. If Roethlisberger and Haley can’t develop a rapport, things could get difficult in Pittsburgh.

web page

--------------------
....WOOF....GRRR....CHOMP....MAC

jaybird
Legend

Reged: Sep 16 2006

#898524 - Fri Feb 10 2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Screw that... I hope the Steelers fall completley apart for the next 50 years....

yes I want our team to get better and in the grand scheme of things I want us winning 10+ games every year which means we have to get a lot better.... but if we can get better and the Steelers start playing like crap how could you not like that?

It was impressive that our division had three teams in the playoffs this year but it still sucked because we sucked this year.

I don't really care too much about the Steelers FO... and I disagree with the reporters thoughts that this makes Tomlin look weak... Tomlin, as much as I am not really fan of his, has always been a players coach adn seems to get the best out of his players... with that said, he never has had to use his own coordinators... he's always had the Chin's coordinators there.... we'll see how he does this year. I expect them to be very good again this year...

--------------------
<><

clevesteve
Legend

Reged: Feb 04 2007
Loc: Pflugerville, TX

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: mac]
      #898527 - Fri Feb 10 2012 09:17 AM

Steve Breaston is my hero.

Bard Dawg
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 15 2006
Loc: Springfield OH (IO!)

#898530 - Fri Feb 10 2012 09:22 AM

Thanks, YTown! I have always considered their drafts and coach loyalties as two enormous strengths of this franchise, and I am certainly no fan of the BA offense. His success there is an excellent illustration in my opinion of the old pigskin saw: "Great players make great coaches." He did better with better people and different benchthink as to how to assault opponents in a game. I won't miss him.

--------------------
"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880

no_logo_required
Legend

Reged: Oct 11 2006

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: clevesteve]
      #898539 - Fri Feb 10 2012 09:42 AM

that line was awesome. and that's from someone who followed him from AZ to KC.

i really don't know what offense Haley plans on running. the attack he ran in AZ was much more pass focused. the attack he ran in KC was obviously a run-first, run-second, and pass to the RB 3rd offense (w/ an every now and then throw one up for Bowe).

hopefully, they decide to ignore their WRs and just pound a recovering-from-ACL Mendenhall into the ground. sort of doubt it though.

--------------------
"There’s a phrase for almost losing, it’s called winning."
-Coach Pettine

bigdatut
Dawg Talker

Reged: Jan 02 2007
Loc: Hartford, Ohio

#898550 - Fri Feb 10 2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

I get no joy from seeing them falter.

I do. In fact, I get overcome with giddyness like a child on Christmas morning when I think their might be trouble in Steelersville.

I wish them nothing but the worst on and off the field - and in their front office - from here to eternity. If we could win the next 416 games against them by an average of 54-3 I wouldn't feel even a little badly about it and it wouldn't curb my glee at all. I want depserately to see how many "hardcore" fans the "Steeler Nation" really has when the team is no good and I want to go to my stadium and not have to look at the field though stupid waving rags.

Their team is old and costing a lot of money in a lot of spots. Their owner seems to be calling more shots than their coach. Their QB doesn't seem to be all that enthralled by what's happened over the last month. Their supposed all world DC was embarrassed by Tim Tebow. If this is somehow the beginning of the wheels starting to come off, excuse my excitement.

--------------------
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS

no_logo_required
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: bigdatut]
      #898554 - Fri Feb 10 2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Their team is old and costing a lot of money in a lot of spots

sadly, this has been said for years now. one of these days Harrison and Farrior will break down right?

and Ray Lewis on that other team, right?

--------------------
-Coach Pettine

SaintDawg
Hall of Famer

Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: bigdatut]
      #898562 - Fri Feb 10 2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I get no joy from seeing them falter.

I do. In fact, I get overcome with giddyness like a child on Christmas morning when I think their might be trouble in Steelersville.

I wish them nothing but the worst on and off the field - and in their front office - from here to eternity. If we could win the next 416 games against them by an average of 54-3 I wouldn't feel even a little badly about it and it wouldn't curb my glee at all. I want depserately to see how many "hardcore" fans the "Steeler Nation" really has when the team is no good and I want to go to my stadium and not have to look at the field though stupid waving rags.

Their team is old and costing a lot of money in a lot of spots. Their owner seems to be calling more shots than their coach. Their QB doesn't seem to be all that enthralled by what's happened over the last month. Their supposed all world DC was embarrassed by Tim Tebow. If this is somehow the beginning of the wheels starting to come off, excuse my excitement.

Y'all have to excuse my giddiness and excitement too. It just spins my propellors when I hear loud cries of lamentations and much gnashing of teeth (if they have them) in squealerville.

--------------------
SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye.

Damanshot
Legend

#898564 - Fri Feb 10 2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

I'm not talking about what they would do or think, All I'm saying is, if I wanna be known as the best, I feel like I gotta beat the best when they are at thier best.

I mean, that has to be how the NFL thinks,, look at the cockamamie Strength of Schedule argument..

How many times have we heard it said,, yeah, the Browns won 10 games but look at who they played...

So yeah, can't have it both ways.. if you wanna be known as the best, you gotta beat the best when they are at thier best..

Otherwise, you get the SOS garbage.. When we win the Superbowl,, I don't want a freakin asterik next to our name indicating we played a weak schedule. I want to leave NO QUESTION.. None.

--------------------

FloridaFan
Legend

Reged: Sep 10 2006

#898582 - Fri Feb 10 2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not talking about what they would do or think, All I'm saying is, if I wanna be known as the best, I feel like I gotta beat the best when they are at thier best.

Then our goal should the beat the Giants, since last Sunday I don't recall seeing pee and black uniforms on the field.

--------------------
Growing Old Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional.

Damanshot
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: FloridaFan]
      #898586 - Fri Feb 10 2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Then our goal should the beat the Giants, since last Sunday I don't recall seeing pee and black uniforms on the field.

Wow did you ever take that too far...LOL

Yes, of course, as of this moment, they are the best.. no questions about it.

We were speaking specifically about the steelers and how they may be having some internal strife..

I want them to be at thier best when we beat them.. Don't get me wrong, I'll take beating the Steelers any way I can get it, but I prefer that it happens when they are good so nobody ever referres to it as a fluke. You know, like they did the time that the Tim Couch led Browns beat them.

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

#898589 - Fri Feb 10 2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know. The Redskins went 2-0 against those guys and are picking #6 overall.

--------------------
-Coach Pettine

Arps
Hall of Famer

Reged: Jan 09 2007
Loc: Middlebury Indiana

#898591 - Fri Feb 10 2012 11:44 AM

A pet peeve of mine is their fans that claim their uniforms are Gold and Black....C'mon man! That's Yellow!!!

--------------------
“What do you want me to say? Penalties are bad.”

Browns Lifer
Hall of Famer

Reged: Jan 16 2007
Loc: Medina, OH

#898646 - Fri Feb 10 2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

I want them to be at thier best when we beat them.. Don't get me wrong, I'll take beating the Steelers any way I can get it, but I prefer that it happens when they are good so nobody ever referres to it as a fluke. You know, like they did the time that the Tim Couch led Browns beat them.

If H&H build this team the right way, it won't matter how good the Steelers or Ravens are. We'll beat them the same way they've beaten us since '99: by the skin of our teeth when they play well or by 30+ when they suck. I'll take either way.

--------------------
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain

Damanshot
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: Browns Lifer]
      #898664 - Fri Feb 10 2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If H&H build this team the right way, it won't matter how good the Steelers or Ravens are. We'll beat them the same way they've beaten us since '99: by the skin of our teeth when they play well or by 30+ when they suck. I'll take either way.

LOL,, Like I said, I'll take a win any way it comes.. No problem..

--------------------

dawglover05
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 13 2006
Loc: Mason

#898798 - Fri Feb 10 2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

The best way for the Browns to someday catch up with their AFC North rival?

By having Cleveland media cover the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Regarding Roethlisberger:

Quote:

“Everybody has an opinion, as we all know, and they’re letting me know what their interaction with him was — good, bad and indifferent,” Roethlisberger said. “I’ve heard a lot of things and I’m looking forward to meeting him and forming my own opinion.”

AKA - He hates the fact Haley will be his new offensive coordinator. We've all heard Roethlisberger dance around his words before regarding other things...

--------------------
Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

Dave
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 10 2006
Loc: Cleveland

#898888 - Sat Feb 11 2012 10:25 AM

Its worth noting that Mike Tomlin is in the last year of his contract, and I would guess he's not too happy with his employers right now. I think he's a good coach and would be at the top of the want list for teams looking for one after the 2012 season. Are the wheels coming off the machine in Stillertown? Hope so.

Damanshot
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: Dave]
      #898890 - Sat Feb 11 2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Its worth noting that Mike Tomlin is in the last year of his contract, and I would guess he's not too happy with his employers right now. I think he's a good coach and would be at the top of the want list for teams looking for one after the 2012 season. Are the wheels coming off the machine in Stillertown? Hope so.

I have a lotta family from the Pittsburgh area.., all Steeler fans. The word from them (extremely unscientific and unverifiable) is that there is a large contingent of fans that just don't like Tomlin.

Not exactly sure what's not to like to be honest. his teams win. he's got a ring, almost had another. they almost always seem prepared and ready to bring it.

--------------------

NickBrownsFan
Dawg Talker

Reged: Oct 25 2006

#898903 - Sat Feb 11 2012 11:04 AM

yeah it must be great as a fan to always be in the playoffs get the superbowl every 3rd year or so and be able to complain about the coach. Darn I cant wait until we have that/those problems.

--------------------
If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.

BCbrownie
Dawg Talker

Reged: Sep 21 2006

#898920 - Sat Feb 11 2012 12:52 PM

It must be like heaven heaven living in Lillywhiteville.
I also have family and friends in Pittsburgh,and I try to keep head out of the sand.
The guy is a damn fine coach,the fans that don't like him usually do so for one reason only,he's black.

--------------------
Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem

Damanshot
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: BCbrownie]
      #898922 - Sat Feb 11 2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

It must be like heaven heaven living in Lillywhiteville.
I also have family and friends in Pittsburgh,and I try to keep head out of the sand.
The guy is a damn fine coach,the fans that don't like him usually do so for one reason only,he's black.

I didn't get the impression race was at all important.. But I guess to the narrow minded, it is.

--------------------

Jester
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 17 2006
Loc: Charlotte

#898930 - Sat Feb 11 2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, if you want to be the best, you do have to beat the best. But who says that has to be the squeelers?

--------------------
People who live in glass houses should dress in the basement

Jester
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 17 2006
Loc: Charlotte

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: Arps]
      #898931 - Sat Feb 11 2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

A pet peeve of mine is their fans that claim their uniforms are Gold and Black....C'mon man! That's Yellow!!!

That is a big pet peeve of mine as well. I know a few steelers fans. They get fired up when I call their colors black and yellow.

--------------------
People who live in glass houses should dress in the basement

Damanshot
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: Jester]
      #898933 - Sat Feb 11 2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, if you want to be the best, you do have to beat the best. But who says that has to be the squeelers?

Well, geez man, the freakin thread is about the steelers. that's the topic of discussion.. Get with the program will ya

--------------------

ThatGuy
Hall of Famer

Reged: Jan 29 2010

#898935 - Sat Feb 11 2012 03:05 PM

If you win the Super Bowl, it doesn't matter who you beat in the regular season.

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: Jester]
      #898936 - Sat Feb 11 2012 03:05 PM

what's funny is that there was even a R&B song that I had Steeler fans refer to as "their song" and the main line was:

Black and Yellow

yet, they get upset if anyone calls their colors that. or if someone says the Saints when they tell them they follow the black and gold team.

--------------------
-Coach Pettine

ThatGuy
Hall of Famer

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: no_logo_required]
      #898937 - Sat Feb 11 2012 03:07 PM

Do the Penguins and Pirates claim their colors are "Black and Gold" ..?

--------------------

Damanshot
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: ThatGuy]
      #898955 - Sat Feb 11 2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

If you win the Super Bowl, it doesn't matter who you beat in the regular season.

I Guarantee you, if we have a weak schedule and get to the superbowl and win,, Some talking head will bring it up.. GUARANTEED.

--------------------

ThatGuy
Hall of Famer

#898959 - Sat Feb 11 2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I Guarantee you, if we have a weak schedule and get to the superbowl and win,, Some talking head will bring it up.. GUARANTEED.

The Cardinals made the playoffs at 9-7 by winning the NFC West.

They then went on to play some of the best football in the playoffs and barely lost the SuperBowl...

Was there talk of "should they have even been in?" Yes.

But once they made the game, beating all the "better" teams in the NFC, that pretty much went away.

Baltimore swept Pitt this year in the regular season, what if Pitt had made it to the Superbowl without facign them in the Playoffs? Does that make it any less valid? No, of course not...

--------------------

Damanshot
Legend

Re: Steelers Rooney Forced Arians Out, Ignoring Tomlin? [Re: ThatGuy]
      #898961 - Sat Feb 11 2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Cardinals made the playoffs at 9-7 by winning the NFC West.

They then went on to play some of the best football in the playoffs and barely lost the SuperBowl...

Was there talk of "should they have even been in?" Yes.

But once they made the game, beating all the "better" teams in the NFC, that pretty much went away.

Baltimore swept Pitt this year in the regular season, what if Pitt had made it to the Superbowl without facign them in the Playoffs? Does that make it any less valid? No, of course not...

That's your opinion,, I heard plenty of how they snuck in. Remember Seattle sneaking into the playoffs by virtue of them being the best in thier division,, and thier division sucked..

I'll take it anyway I can get it, but if given my druthers, I'd druther it be NO QUESTION.. JMO

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

#898966 - Sat Feb 11 2012 05:34 PM

hey, if we some year have the good fortunate of a weak schedule that we actually take advantage of and end up winning the superbowl, then the talking heads can talk all they want.

i won't hear them because i'll be screaming praises for the team at the top of my lungs that entire news cycle

--------------------
-Coach Pettine

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> Pure Football Forum

Extra information
5 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3239

Jump to

Contact Us dawgtalkers.net