DawgTalkers Pick'ems

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> K-9 Consensus

Pages: 1
PresidentDawg2
Dawg Talker

Reged: Sep 24 2006

Who do you see as the QB in 2012?
      #900571 - Fri Feb 17 2012 01:59 PM

Who do you see as the Browns QB in 2012?
You may choose only one
Colt McCoy
Robert Griffin III
Matt Flynn
Another QB from the draft (Luck, Tannehill)
Another QB acquired through FA or Trade (Kolb, Campbell, etc.)

Votes accepted from (Fri Feb 17 2012 01:58 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
no_logo_required
Legend

Reged: Oct 11 2006

Re: Who do you see as the QB in 2012? [Re: PresidentDawg2]
      #900573 - Fri Feb 17 2012 02:03 PM

does this mean week1?

week1, I expect it to be Colt unless we sign Flynn. by the end of the year, that could be a completely different story though.

--------------------
Logos? We don't need no stinking logos.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
jaybird
Legend

Reged: Sep 16 2006

Re: Who do you see as the QB in 2012? [Re: no_logo_required]
      #900586 - Fri Feb 17 2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

does this mean week1?

week1, I expect it to be Colt unless we sign Flynn. by the end of the year, that could be a completely different story though.

I agree.. week one will be Colt unless we sign a big time FA... I'd be surprised if we didn't at least draft a project at QB... but even if we draft RG3 I'm not so sure he'd start day 1.

--------------------

<><

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Reged: Sep 11 2006
Loc: YTown, Ohio

Re: Who do you see as the QB in 2012? [Re: jaybird]
      #900590 - Fri Feb 17 2012 02:49 PM

I would guess that it will go like this:

If we sign a "name" in free agency, that guy immediately becomes the starter.

If we draft a guy in the first round of the draft, that guy immediately becomes the starter.

If we trade for a guy, he might be the starter, or McCoy/Wallace might be. Same thing if we take a guy in the 2nd round.

A 3rd round or later pick probably rides the bench.

Even if we don't make a move to immediately upgrade the QB position, it will still be a choice between McCoy and Wallace. Now I happen to think that Wallace is better, but has almost no upside left at all ..... so I would probably start McCoy in that scenario and pray that he starts to develop.

It's still way to early to know with any degree of certainty who the Browns are most likely to pursue. I know that we each have our own preferences.

--------------------
Welcome to Cleveland Coach Pettine.

Hope you survive the experience.

cfrs15
Legend

Reged: Jan 20 2009
Loc: Monrovia, Ca

Re: Who do you see as the QB in 2012? [Re: PresidentDawg2]
      #900827 - Sat Feb 18 2012 12:43 PM

I think the options are draft RGIII or stay with McCoy. As of right now the more likely scenario is staying with McCoy.

Bard Dawg
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 15 2006
Loc: Springfield OH (IO!)

Re: Who do you see as the QB in 2012? [Re: cfrs15]
      #901830 - Wed Feb 22 2012 05:16 PM

I can't see McCoy not starting; but I think we will be signing his replacement. I like RGTrey

--------------------
"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880

THROW LONG
Hall of Famer

Reged: Dec 05 2006

Re: Who do you see as the QB in 2012? [Re: Bard Dawg]
      #917343 - Tue Apr 03 2012 03:05 AM

This is an interesting look back at February, 20 people voted for someone other than McCoy.

--------------------
" You have to be able to throw the ball and throw the ball effectively in this league to keep up with the better football teams" Warren Moon. 1,8,12. Yes We Can Yes We Can!

Pages: 1

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> K-9 Consensus

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 835

Jump to

Contact Us dawgtalkers.net