NFL on ESPN.com
NFL on CBS
NFL on FOX
SportsIllustrated.com
Cleveland PlainDealer
Canton Repository
Akron BeaconJournal
DawgTalkers Pick'ems

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> Everything Else...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Damanshot
Legend

Reged: Sep 11 2006
Loc: Aurora, Ohio

possible shooting at Chardon School
      #903332 - Mon Feb 27 2012 08:17 AM

http://www.woio.com/story/17024182/breaking-chardon

Quote:

Email
Share|Print

Text Size
BREAKING NEWS
BREAKING: Shooting at Chardon High School, gunman on the loose
Posted: Feb 27, 2012 7:44 AM EST
Updated: Feb 27, 2012 8:14 AM EST

CHARDON, OH (WOIO) - Breaking news out of Chardon this hour.

Chardon Fire has confirmed they were called to the high school for a shooting. The Fire dispatcher said students are possibly injured. Metro LifeFlight has been called to the school.

The gunman remains on the loose.

Chardon High School is now on lock down.

The Superintendent immediately canceled classes at all Chardon Schools. Students still on school buses were being dropped back off at their homes, and parents are being called to pick up students already at school.

19 Action News has a crew on the way.

Check back for details.

Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved

--------------------
If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving isn't for you

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
Damanshot
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: Damanshot]
      #903335 - Mon Feb 27 2012 08:26 AM

More in the way of unconfirmed reports that something happened

Quote:

We have reports of a gunman at Chardon High School; police are on the scene and still searching for the gunman. We have unconfirmed reports of three or four students shot; some students are barricaded in the school's cafeteria.

More details as they become available

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/232710/...ws%7Cbc%7Clarge

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
brownsfan2119
Hall of Famer

#903336 - Mon Feb 27 2012 08:27 AM

On the police scanner they said they have 4 confirmed victims at this time, 3 critical, 1 stable.

--------------------
Eat it Phil...

AsianDawg
All Pro

Reged: May 19 2008
Loc: Willow Grove, Ohio, USA

#903337 - Mon Feb 27 2012 08:28 AM

I used to work for a newspaper 3 blocks away from the school. I am not there any more, but I will get more information to you if I can.

Prayers for all involved.

It was a good school. My best friend went there; I went to WG but knew people from both schools. Ammo probably (if he is still here) knows them as well.

IT's a very tight area in terms of pop. density, so if you've been there, you'll know what I mean. The residents of the area are urged to lock up ASAP as the gunman is on the loose. Houses close together like in Mayfield.

--------------------
Go Browns!

brownsfan2119
Hall of Famer

#903341 - Mon Feb 27 2012 08:39 AM

via the police scanner, suspect in custody.

--------------------
Eat it Phil...

Damanshot
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: brownsfan2119]
      #903342 - Mon Feb 27 2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

via the police scanner, suspect in custody.

WKYC is reporting that two suspects are in custody

Quote:

We have reports of a gunman at Chardon High School; police are on the scene . We have unconfirmed reports of three or four students shot; some students are barricaded in the school's cafeteria.

Reports say that police have contained both shooters.

More details as they become available.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/232710/396/Report-of-shooting-at-Chardon-High-School

--------------------

brownsfansince79
Legend

#903350 - Mon Feb 27 2012 08:55 AM

Wow, hopefully those kids are ok.

I know a guy who is retired FBI. He pulled his kids out of a local high school a few years ago because that school system didn't have a very good evacuation plan in case of something like this.

Talking to him, he said the best thing to advise people to do is get the heck out. A lot of people want to lock themselves in classrooms, but he said if you have the opportunity to escape, you do it. Makes sense, but he said it was surprising how many plans are "lock the door and hope for the best" in essence.

--------------------

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

Edited by brownsfansince79 (Mon Feb 27 2012 08:57 AM)

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Loc: YTown, Ohio

#903353 - Mon Feb 27 2012 08:58 AM

Dear God. What makes people feel that going into a school and shooting kids (or anyone else, for that matter) is acceptable?

My prayers go out to all of the people that these animals terrorized and hurt.

--------------------
Welcome to Cleveland Coach Pettine.

Hope you survive the experience.

brownsfansince79
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: YTownBrownsFan]
      #903362 - Mon Feb 27 2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Dear God. What makes people feel that going into a school and shooting kids (or anyone else, for that matter) is acceptable?

My prayers go out to all of the people that these animals terrorized and hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bully issue. I know how painful being bullied can be. But, never in a million years is this the type of response that's acceptable. I can't imagine ever feeling so low that I think that the only way to solve it is to start shooting people.

--------------------

1oldMutt
Hall of Famer

Reged: Apr 28 2007
Loc: Cuyahoga Falls OH

#903386 - Mon Feb 27 2012 10:07 AM

I always told my kids to heck with lockdown! Get out! Window, door, whatever!

A darn shame the bad guys have so much power.

FreeAgent
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 12 2006

Current High Scores in:
Frogger
Pac-Man
      #903388 - Mon Feb 27 2012 10:10 AM

Grew up around that area, was born in Chardon and lived in Burton most of my childhood. I hope all the victims make it. It's a great quiet neighborhood you would of never have thought something like this would happen there, but they probably said the same thing about Columbine.

--------------------

Browns Lifer
Hall of Famer

Reged: Jan 16 2007
Loc: Medina, OH

#903409 - Mon Feb 27 2012 10:41 AM

Thoughts and prayers going out to the victims and their families. As a parent, I can't imagine what they must be going through right now.

--------------------
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain

archbolddawg
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: Browns Lifer]
      #903425 - Mon Feb 27 2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Thoughts and prayers going out to the victims and their families. As a parent, I can't imagine what they must be going through right now.

I agree - but I'd add my thoughts and prayers to the parent/s of the kid that did it as well.

AsianDawg
All Pro

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: FreeAgent]
      #903427 - Mon Feb 27 2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Grew up around that area, was born in Chardon and lived in Burton most of my childhood. I hope all the victims make it. It's a great quiet neighborhood you would of never have thought something like this would happen there, but they probably said the same thing about Columbine.

my best friend's father supposedly chased the shooter away. It is sad, because up to this point it had truly been seen as a safe place on earth, a piece of heaven. Our family moved to Geauga in 1990-this is not good news. the prayers should also be for the survivors--they have PTSD to deal with now because of this. The shooting happened in the cafeteria, and eventually they will have to go back to school and sit in that same place for the rest of the year before 1st period. My heart goes out to them.

I'm hoping some good can come of this--even if rival schools (Riverside, West G, the entire PAC) banded together to help them. That is what it should be about.

--------------------
Go Browns!

northlima dawg
All Pro

Reged: Mar 02 2007

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: AsianDawg]
      #903473 - Mon Feb 27 2012 12:12 PM

CNN reporting one has died.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/27/shooting-reported-at-ohio-high-school/?hpt=hp_t1

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: northlima dawg]
      #903476 - Mon Feb 27 2012 12:16 PM

Man that's incredibly sad.

If there's one place you would expect that your kids would be safe, it's school.

My prayers go out to that child's parents and family.

--------------------

northlima dawg
All Pro

#903485 - Mon Feb 27 2012 12:24 PM

I am at work and some of the sites are blocked;
however, on twitter they have already named the suspect from a witness at the scene and provided a link to his facebook page.

They also say that this kid posted on his twitter account last night that he was going to shoot up the school today

DCDAWGFAN
Legend

#903486 - Mon Feb 27 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Man that's incredibly sad.

If there's one place you would expect that your kids would be safe, it's school.

My prayers go out to that child's parents and family.

I always assumed the worst that would happen to my kids at school is a bloody nose or a broken heart.. nothing like this.

--------------------
To all the ladies... peace and humptiness forever.

northlima dawg
All Pro

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: DCDAWGFAN]
      #903489 - Mon Feb 27 2012 12:32 PM

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2012/02/chardon_student_identifies_sho.html

BREAKING: Students hurt in shooting at Chardon High...

Chardon student identifies shooter in spree that killed one student
Published: Monday, February 27, 2012, 12:17 PM Updated: Monday, February 27, 2012, 12:20 PM
By Laura Johnston, The Plain Dealer The Plain Dealer

The Plain DealerNate Mueller talks outside Chardon High School.

CHARDON, Ohio -- A Chardon High School student died today after a shooting spree that left four others injured, police said.

High school Junior Nate Mueller, who was hit in the right ear, identified the shooter as T.J. Lane.

Mueller said he and his friends, including Russell King, Nick Walczak and Demetrius Hewlin, were sitting at their regular cafeteria table when T.J. approached about 7:30 a.m.

Nate said he heard a gunshot behind him. He turned and felt a sting on his ear.

"My friends were crawling on the floor, and one of my friends was bent over the table, and he was shot," Nate said. "It was almost like a firecracker went off. I turned around and saw him (T.J.) standing with a gun and I saw him take a shot."

Nate, who has a scratch on his upper right ear, said he ran out of the building, hid behind a car and called 911.

Nate said his group was friends with T.J. through middle school, but in high school, T.J. went separate way.

Russell, he said, had recently started dating T.J.'s ex-girlfriend, who is homeschooled.

"He was silent the whole time," said Nate, who was waiting for a bus to his culinary arts classes at Auburn Career Center. "That's what made it so random."

T.J., he said, normally waits for a bus that goes to Lake Academy, a school in Willoughby, which serves at-risk students.

Police have confirmed that there are five victims, and that the shooter is in custody.

A 17-year-old-boy and 18-year-old girl are in stable condition at Hillcrest Hospital, a spokeswoman said.

Edited by northlima dawg (Mon Feb 27 2012 12:36 PM)

PrplPplEater
Legend

Reged: Sep 10 2006
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

#903493 - Mon Feb 27 2012 12:41 PM

This is so incredibly sad

--------------------
-Chris

Cleveland Browns - we take the fun out of dysfunctional.

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

#903497 - Mon Feb 27 2012 12:52 PM

What has to (sorry, not intentional) go through your head when you are shot in the ear? Man ...... an inch over and you're dead. (or severely damaged)

--------------------

brownsfansince79
Legend

#903499 - Mon Feb 27 2012 12:56 PM

Yeah, while there are different degrees, everyone involved, even the kids who weren't right there, are victims.

--------------------

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: brownsfansince79]
      #903505 - Mon Feb 27 2012 01:00 PM

Definitely. They all have to be thinking that it could have been them.

Kids like to think that they are indestructible, so a horrible situation like this can really shake their whole world.

There are going to be a lot of really busy counselors.

--------------------

AsianDawg
All Pro

#903529 - Mon Feb 27 2012 01:23 PM

my father will be very busy this week. My prayers go out to all.

1 dead, but the other 4 will probably survive. That's good news.

The big issue is the PTSD they will have to deal with for the rest of their lives.

God bless them all!

--------------------
Go Browns!

FloridaFan
Legend

#903531 - Mon Feb 27 2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Russell, he said, had recently started dating T.J.'s ex-girlfriend, who is homeschooled.

Was this a lover's vengence thing maybe?

--------------------
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

brownsfansince79
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: FloridaFan]
      #903532 - Mon Feb 27 2012 01:25 PM

That's the way it seems to me, at least with the facts we have now.

If that's true, wow. I remember having my crushes in high school and having my heart broken by girls, but, again, never to the point that I thought this would be the way to solve it.

--------------------

brownsfansince79
Legend

#903636 - Mon Feb 27 2012 03:40 PM

Well, maybe not a girlfriend issue?

link

CHARDON, Ohio -- MetroHealth Medical Center has named the Chardon High School student who died after this morning's school shooting.

Daniel Parmertor, 16, was one of three students flown to the hospital after the 7:30 a.m. shooting.

"We are shocked by this senseless tragedy," his parents said in a prepared statement. "Danny was a bright young boy who had a bright future ahead of him. The family is torn by this loss."

--------------------

IRE 45
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 13 2006

#903665 - Mon Feb 27 2012 04:16 PM

Can't help but think about how an ordinary Monday turns into the worst day in the lives of the parents of this 16 year old boy . Damn . What a senseless waste .

PrplPplEater
Legend

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: IRE 45]
      #903677 - Mon Feb 27 2012 04:52 PM

No kidding. You go from thinking about what to make for dinner that night to thinking about what to say in a statement to the papers on the murder of your child

My heart goes out to them, this is horrible.

--------------------
-Chris

Cleveland Browns - we take the fun out of dysfunctional.

Damanshot
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: PrplPplEater]
      #903711 - Mon Feb 27 2012 06:25 PM

I guess we should change the title of this thread to Shooting at Chardon School...

I'm so sad about this. I mean, what problem in the name of all that is holy will shooting at and/or killing classmates solve.

I guess one or two of the teachers faced fire head on and managed to chase the shooter out of the building.. pretty damn scary

--------------------

Spergon FTWynn
Legend

Loc: 16 spots ahead of Tom Brady

#903725 - Mon Feb 27 2012 07:14 PM

reports coming out that a second kid has died.

What a nightmare.

--------------------

@dpaoloni

RocketOptimist
Dawg Talker

Reged: Jun 25 2010
Loc: Living on the edge

#903734 - Mon Feb 27 2012 07:25 PM

This has been on my mind all day. It's put a damper on how I went about my business today.

My thoughts and prayers go to all involved in this horrific event.

Not many more words can express how I feel. It's...despicable such a thing can happen.

brownsfansince79
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: RocketOptimist]
      #903751 - Mon Feb 27 2012 08:06 PM

It truly is absolutely heartbreaking. For everyone, the victims, the shooter, the parents, the other students, everyone.

--------------------

bigdatut
Dawg Talker

Reged: Jan 02 2007
Loc: Hartford, Ohio

#903767 - Mon Feb 27 2012 09:26 PM

I feel nothing for the shooter - but I pray for all those involved from the victims to those just going about their day at school, for the parents, for those that actually do care about the shooter and the community as a whole.

--------------------
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS

Damanshot
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: Spergon FTWynn]
      #903770 - Mon Feb 27 2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

reports coming out that a second kid has died.

What a nightmare.

I've been watching for that but haven't seen that report yet. Channel 3, WKYC is having a special at 10 pm this evening all about this,,maybe they'll say something then,., But, as of now, only one confirmed dead.. and frankly, that's one to many..

--------------------

brownsfansince79
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: bigdatut]
      #903775 - Mon Feb 27 2012 09:47 PM

I certainly don't condone or accept what the shooter did, not in the least. I guess I'm just wondering what happened to drive him to such a dark place. Like I said, I can't imagine ever getting to the point where you think this is the only option available.

And, I feel for his parents, too. They lost a child today, too.

Just so sad all around.

--------------------

Kingcob
Dawg Talker

Reged: Sep 14 2006

Current High Scores in:
YetiSports - Pingu Throw
      #903778 - Mon Feb 27 2012 09:57 PM

To my knowledge every school shooter has been on SSRI anti-depressants. An unfortunate side effect for a small portion of people can be a rapid worsening of symptoms with psychotic breaks.

My guess is the shooter is a bullying victim who went on SSRIs and had a rare but terribly bad reaction to them.

captainphil
Dawg Talker

Loc: Nashville

#903806 - Mon Feb 27 2012 11:49 PM

I grew up about a mile from the school district line and certainly have friends from chardon... nothing to say, except that this is truly a tragedy.

--------------------

Flap
Dawg Talker

Reged: Sep 21 2006
Loc: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: captainphil]
      #903836 - Tue Feb 28 2012 07:15 AM

web page

Second student, Russell King Jr., dies after shooting rampage at Chardon High School

By: Mike Waterhouse, newsnet5.com
CHARDON, Ohio - A second student has died after a shooting rampage at Chardon High School that ended with five shot and one under arrest.

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office said 17-year-old Russell King Jr. died at MetroHealth Medical Center. Information about his death was released early Tuesday morning.
King was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center, along with 16-year-old Daniel Parmertor, who was the first to die. One other shooting victim was taken to the same hospital and last reported to be in critical condition.

Two other victims taken to Hillcrest Hospital were a 17-year-old boy, who is in serious condition, and an 18-year-old girl, who is in stable condition, a hospital representative said Monday afternoon.
Police said the gunman who opened up fire in the school early Monday turned himself in after a teacher apparently chased him out of the building.

Sources close to the investigation identified the suspect as 17-year-old TJ Lane.
"Russell didn't move at all because I don't think he really knew," said Nate Mueller, who was at a cafeteria table with three of the victims. "That shot I saw TJ take as I turned around had hit Russell and he was over the table in like a puddle of blood."

"I heard three (shots). The initial one that made me look, the one that I believe hit either Russell or Demitrius and then the third one that hit me," said Mueller, whose ear was grazed by a bullet.
No other names have been released.

Keep checking newsnet5.com for more information.

Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

--------------------
Crowded elevators smell different to short people...

Damanshot
Legend

Re: possible shooting at Chardon School [Re: Flap]
      #903840 - Tue Feb 28 2012 07:23 AM

I watched the channel 3 special on this last night.. saw that a second kid died..

What caused this kid to go off line like that?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> Everything Else...

Extra information
4 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6113

Jump to

Contact Us dawgtalkers.net