NFL on ESPN.com
NFL on CBS
NFL on FOX
SportsIllustrated.com
Cleveland PlainDealer
Canton Repository
Akron BeaconJournal
DawgTalkers Pick'ems

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> Everything Else...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
FloridaFan
Legend

Reged: Sep 10 2006

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: Pdawg]
      #915700 - Thu Mar 29 2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

During the 911 call it is pretty clear to me that he uses a racial slur in regards to blacks getting away with things. Certainly not enough to convict him but it is another piece of the puzzle that gives me pause.

“There’s a real suspicious guy. This guy looks like he’s up to no good, on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about… These a**holes always get away”

Where is the racial slur in that line?

The only racial slur is in one part of the call and it's not given that it is what some say. Some claim he says "These f*** C!#ns", others think he may have said "it's f&^&n cold", neither comment relates to anyting else being said at the time and is a random comment, so it could go either way.

--------------------
Growing Old Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
Pdawg
Hall of Famer

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: FloridaFan]
      #915705 - Thu Mar 29 2012 09:47 AM

I took the 2nd part as a continuation of the first thought. I might be wrong to do that but that was my perception.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator            Share: Post to facebook   Digg this   Post to del.icio.us
bluecollarball
Dawg Talker

Reged: Sep 13 2006

#915706 - Thu Mar 29 2012 09:50 AM

It sounded like he may have said punks. I think people hear what they want to hear--me included I guess.

As for the video, how are we supposed to diagnose injuries from a security camera is laughable to me.

And as for the consistent racial outrage, where is the outrage for this? Teens set kid on fire for being 'white boy' I don't know the back story to that but my God, how violent, mean and distant we are with one another.

Our government wants us to believe we need to be vigilant against terror because somewhere out there is some Islamic boogeyman ready to blow us up. We don't have to worry about that . . . . we are doing a fine job of destroying ourselves.

Also, I feel bad for Martins parents, the political left found their next Cindy Sheehan they will use and abuse them for their own selfish gains all the while any attempt at coming together as a nation and looking for answers to the violence our youth are exposed to as both the victims and perpetrators, go left unsearched for.

A horrible, regrettable tragedy made worse by poor leadership in certain communities, questionable tweets by Spike Lee, a lazy media and a sorry excuse for a president who wades into local issues with beer summits and forgettable speeches.

Pdawg
Hall of Famer

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: bluecollarball]
      #915710 - Thu Mar 29 2012 09:55 AM

I forgot about Spike Lee. Just more proof to me that he is an arse.

FloridaFan
Legend

#915711 - Thu Mar 29 2012 09:58 AM

Seems a lot of uproars lately over twitter posts. All the more reason I think in the not so distant future, twitter will just be a memory as more people will quit using for fear of typing something that should have not been said in public.

--------------------

no_logo_required
Legend

Reged: Oct 11 2006

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: ThatGuy]
      #915716 - Thu Mar 29 2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

The mother trademarking her sons name REALLY bothers me...

it's been noted by her lawyer that the only reason for the trademark was initially to possibly pay for legal fees on this case. and, since those are being taken care of (as it has become bigger) that she will donate any proceeds that come from the name into a nonprofit that will help pay others in similar circumstances for their legal fees.

i doubt that there are many parents that could profit off their childrens deaths and be able to live with themselves, so this is one case where I believe the lawyer

--------------------
"There’s a phrase for almost losing, it’s called winning."
-Coach Pettine

OldColdDawg
Dawg Talker

Reged: Sep 28 2006

#915722 - Thu Mar 29 2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

It sounded like he may have said punks. I think people hear what they want to hear--me included I guess.

As for the video, how are we supposed to diagnose injuries from a security camera is laughable to me.

And as for the consistent racial outrage, where is the outrage for this? Teens set kid on fire for being 'white boy' I don't know the back story to that but my God, how violent, mean and distant we are with one another.

Our government wants us to believe we need to be vigilant against terror because somewhere out there is some Islamic boogeyman ready to blow us up. We don't have to worry about that . . . . we are doing a fine job of destroying ourselves.

Also, I feel bad for Martins parents, the political left found their next Cindy Sheehan they will use and abuse them for their own selfish gains all the while any attempt at coming together as a nation and looking for answers to the violence our youth are exposed to as both the victims and perpetrators, go left unsearched for.

A horrible, regrettable tragedy made worse by poor leadership in certain communities, questionable tweets by Spike Lee, a lazy media and a sorry excuse for a president who wades into local issues with beer summits and forgettable speeches.

Wow! Can't believe this gets no attention. I understand Trayvon died (so it's not as bad), but this kid was the victim of a racial assault and nobody seems to care...

Arps
Hall of Famer

Reged: Jan 09 2007
Loc: Middlebury Indiana

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: OldColdDawg]
      #915723 - Thu Mar 29 2012 11:00 AM

If white people complain its racist.

--------------------
“What do you want me to say? Penalties are bad.”

ExclDawg
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 19 2006

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: no_logo_required]
      #915725 - Thu Mar 29 2012 11:04 AM

If anything, it could be to prevent other people from using her son's name for personal gain ... as there seems to be no shortage of people willing to do just that.

I_Rogue
Hall of Famer

Reged: Feb 21 2007
Loc: NE, OH-IO

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: ExclDawg]
      #915728 - Thu Mar 29 2012 11:12 AM

j/c

Regarding photos and more stupid people posting stuff without doing their own research...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/tray...-155103512.html

First it was the hoodie. Now photographs used in the media's coverage of the Trayvon Martin killing are the subject of widespread debate, as supporters of both the slain 17-year-old African-American and the shooter, George Zimmerman, say selectivity by some news outlets in which photos they use is proof of bias.

"Since the controversy began," Jeff Weiner wrote in the Orlando Sentinel, "some bloggers and many website commenters have questioned why the primary images of Trayvon in the media have shown him younger than he was when he was killed at age 17."

The initial image of Martin—released by his family and widely used by media outlets covering the racially charged case—appears to show him at a younger age.

On Wednesday, the website Business Insider came under fire for posting a pair of what it claimed were more recent photos of Martin. The site later removed the photos after it was revealed that one, taken from a neo-Nazi website, was not Martin.

A second, purportedly showing Martin with what appear to be gold teeth, was thought to be taken from Martin's now-closed Twitter account. Numerous media outlets, including the Drudge Report and Yahoo News, used the photo in coverage of the case.

The Daily Caller published the same photo along with 152 pages of what the site claims were Martin's tweets. (If they were, the Twitter messages prove that Martin was a pretty typical high school male, preoccupied with girls, sex and getting out of class early.)

"Our readers, and most Americans, are keenly interested in the personalities and character of the two men involved in the altercation in Sanford, Fla.," Daily Caller executive editor David Martosko, wrote in an email to the Tampa Bay Times. "This information, which was in the public domain for months before the Twitter account was disabled, fills in some of that information. We chose that photo of Trayvon Martin because it was the picture he chose to represent himself on Twitter—and also because, unlike the years-old photos of Martin that are accompanying most media reports, it represented what he looked like nearer to the end of his life."

Zimmerman's supporters say that the media's insistence on running photos of a younger Martin juxtaposed with a mug shot of the neighborhood watchman from a previous arrest is part of a predetermined narrative news outlets are presenting: a young, unarmed, innocent black kid, shot and killed by Zimmerman, a white, wannabe cop who disregarded a dispatcher's warning not to follow Martin. (Zimmerman is Hispanic.)

Twitchy, a new website recently launched by conservative commentator Michelle Malkin, ran the same purported photo of Martin that Business Insider erroneously published alongside a photo of a smiling Zimmerman. ("Nothing says fair like putting a mug shot looking photo in 'county orange' next to a 5 year old picture of the victim," a note on Twitchy read. "But hey, two can play at that game.")

Malkin's site later apologized: "The photo on the right is not of the Trayvon Martin who was shot by Zimmerman. We apologize to our readers and to the Martin family."

Like it or not, the images of the victim and the shooter have become as important in the court of public opinion as the facts.

"I think it's fundamentally an issue of accuracy," Kenny Irby, a senior faculty member at the Poynter Institute, told the Sentinel. The grill, shown in the image of Martin purportedly taken from his Twitter account, is part of the "bad boy image" Zimmerman's supporters want the media to circulate, because it would bolster Zimmerman's claim that he acted in self-defense on the night of Feb. 26.

"This has been a big part of how American society sees young black men," Irby continued. "All of these images have assumptions."

"Here is where the media circus takes a decidedly ugly turn," Eric Deggans wrote on the Times' Feed blog. "Supporters of shooter George Zimmerman—including some conservative websites—are weighing in with attempts to turn Martin's image from innocent kid to dangerous thug."

On CNN, New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony was asked about the escalating war over images in the case. "They talk about only bad guys, gangsters and thugs wear hoodies and dress like that," Anthony said. "But if you look at history, thugs dressed in suits, gangsters are dressed in suits."

"Martin's killing has become a tug-of-war between those who see his case as an example of the dangers of racial profiling and those who contend liberal activists have hijacked the process for their own ends," Deggans added. "Even if Martin dabbled in drugs, carried himself like a gangsta and wore tattoos, did Zimmerman have the legal right to kill him that night?"

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he'll vote for you. Teach a man to fish and he'll move to Texas.

Lyuokdea
Dawg Talker

#915740 - Thu Mar 29 2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Well the completely obvious difference is that the kids in this case were arrested, and Zimmerman was not.

If Zimmerman had been arrested, you wouldn't never heard anything about this.

--------------------
~Lyuokdea

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

Reged: Nov 20 2006
Loc: South Euclid, OH

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: Lyuokdea]
      #915791 - Thu Mar 29 2012 12:56 PM

That's the crux of the situation as I see it. It's the court and the judge who have the ability to grant immunity from prosecution in a "stand your ground" scenario, not the first officer on the scene.

A Florida criminal defense firm's explanation of the "stand your ground" law: link

An affirmative defense instead of immunity seems to be much more appropriate, in my opinion. The law as its presently written is, quite literally, a license to kill.

FloridaFan
Legend

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: I_Rogue]
      #915793 - Thu Mar 29 2012 12:57 PM

Interesting article, but I have to wonder why it starts out like this..

" as supporters of both the slain 17-year-old African-American and the shooter, George Zimmerman, "

Why not

" as supporters of both the slain 17-year-old African-American and the shooter, part hispanic George Zimmerman, "

or better yet

" as supporters of both the slain Trayvon Martin and the shooter, George Zimmerman, "

--------------------

Nelson37
All Pro

Reged: Sep 18 2006

#915797 - Thu Mar 29 2012 01:20 PM

He appears to be handcuffed and being led into the jail or police station, what do you want, a ball and chain?

He was not charged with a crime and was released.

He does appear to be clean and uninjured in the video, but it was clearly stated that he was attended to by para-medics before this. Where is the report on his injuries, or lack thereof, by the folks who were on the scene and have medical training? We need to hear from THESE people on the injuries, no one else is really relevant.

When Zimmerman initially exits his truck, from the transcript it would appear that his attempt to approach Martin was not all that aggressive and may have been totally non-threatening. It appears that his approach was broken off fairly quickly, when Martin ran out of sight. It would follow that Martin was able to easily outrun Zimmerman. Zimmerman appears to break off his action, as told. There is a lengthy conversation about where to meet the police cruiser, therefore an extended period, about a minute, where Zimmerman's "approach" or "pursuit" was clearly over, with Martin out of sight.

Now, if Martin could so easily outrun Zimmerman, that means that their next contact may have been initiated by Martin. If you have the speed advantage, you control when or if contact happens.

We do not know the exact manner of Zimmerman's initial contact. We do know that it ended with no damage to either party.

We know that a SECOND contact happened. It would appear that Martin CAME BACK to the scene.

We have no info on any injuries to Martin, other that the gunshot. No evidence given of struggle, or evidence from his hands or knuckles.

We do have witness reports of the two men on the ground, whether grass stains are visible in the video or not.

Zimmerman's claim of fear for his life was stated to be because Martin was attempting to grab his, Zimmerman's, gun.

The SYG law contains the clear provision "AND YOU ARE ATTACKED". Following someone to ask them the time of day does not constitute an "attack".

--------------------
Who remembers Henry Hynoski?

I_Rogue
Hall of Famer

#915813 - Thu Mar 29 2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Interesting article, but I have to wonder why it starts out like this..

" as supporters of both the slain 17-year-old African-American and the shooter, George Zimmerman, "

Why not

" as supporters of both the slain 17-year-old African-American and the shooter, part hispanic George Zimmerman, "

or better yet

" as supporters of both the slain Trayvon Martin and the shooter, George Zimmerman, "

Funny...I didn't catch that. An article with a biased statement, probably unintentional, while talking about media bias in this story.

Really it's sad that people in general look for this stuff now because of the absolute mistrust of all those media companies who are "news providers".

#just_the_facts_ma'am

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he'll vote for you. Teach a man to fish and he'll move to Texas.

FloridaFan
Legend

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: Nelson37]
      #915831 - Thu Mar 29 2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

We need to hear from THESE people on the injuries, no one else is really relevant.

Actually no we don't.

The best way to get a fair trial is if it comes to that, is for the facts and relevant information ont to be splashed all across the media to allow people to develop preconceived bias before the trial begins.

In a perfect justice system, the only thing we would know right now is that a young man is dead and another man is being investigated for his part in the event.

Sadly, the media doesn't sell ads by publishing investigation results, they sell ads by sensationalizing any story they can that would garner the public attention. Reporting that a young man was shot and killed, doesn't really rile up people the way writing that a 17 year old african american walking home from the store was shot an killed by an over zealous "white" man.

--------------------

DCDAWGFAN
Legend

Reged: Sep 12 2006

#915838 - Thu Mar 29 2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Bull. And I say that with the utmost respect. This hispanic guy shoots a black kid and gets arrested, it's still news. Maybe not quite the same uproar, but it's still a topic for national discussion.

Our white-black President might have even chimed in on it..

Quote:

Well the completely obvious difference is that the kids in this case were arrested, and Zimmerman was not.

And Zimmerman has a plausible story to justify his actions.. I doubt the 2 16 year old black kids have a plausible reason as to why the doused a 13 year old kid in gasoline and lit him on fire...

--------------------
"Success is not owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." JJ Watt

FloridaFan
Legend

#915844 - Thu Mar 29 2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Everyone is saying he wasn't arrested, but now there is footage of him in handcuffs gettign out of a police car and taking into a station and interigation room. Just because no formal charges haven't been files yet.

--------------------

Adam_P
Hall of Famer

Reged: Nov 20 2006
Loc: South Euclid, OH

#915861 - Thu Mar 29 2012 03:46 PM

=/= arrested

Ballpeen
Legend

Reged: Sep 11 2006

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: OldColdDawg]
      #915971 - Thu Mar 29 2012 08:48 PM

It's only whitey....who cares about that???

It's time for many to stand up
and say "hold on a minute!"

--------------------
If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

dawglover05
Hall of Famer

Loc: Mason

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: OverToad]
      #915985 - Thu Mar 29 2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

It's a tough world when you cannot say exactly what you feel, but it's also a world where we consider others before we speak. That's responsible free speech.

However...

Wanna know how I feel? Well, I saw this today when it first aired. The message here speaks for itself...
"I care about ALL the children..."

Owned.

I must say I LOVE how she goes into talking about the deficit as if it were a natural segue.

--------------------
Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

Tobalaz
Rookie

Reged: Mar 04 2012

#915987 - Thu Mar 29 2012 11:07 PM

If Zimmerman was following Trayvon, and the confrontation happened at that point in time, then Zimmerman would not be standing his ground, he would be considered stalking.
If Trayvon walked away, Zimmerman returned to his vehicle, then Trayvon snuck around, pulled Zimmerman out of his vehicle and attacked him, then Trayvon would be at fault and stand your ground would give Zimmerman well deserved a pass.

We don't know all the details, but what we do know is Trayvon was made out to be some sort of saint by the media, the media already has Zimmerman hanging, the media made this into racial profiling and a hate crime by saying Zimmerman was white and attacked a black.
We are only getting told enough to keep this going 24/7 on the news network, getting worked up so we'll tune in every second of our lives while they trickle information to us to keep us hooked so they can sell the commercial airtime at a higher price due to a ratings spike.

We know only what we're told and we're getting an extremely biased view at the present moment. It could be right, it could be wrong.
I just hope justice prevails and the full truth comes out.

Pdawg
Hall of Famer

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: Tobalaz]
      #916002 - Fri Mar 30 2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

If Zimmerman was following Trayvon, and the confrontation happened at that point in time, then Zimmerman would not be standing his ground, he would be considered stalking.
If Trayvon walked away, Zimmerman returned to his vehicle, then Trayvon snuck around, pulled Zimmerman out of his vehicle and attacked him, then Trayvon would be at fault and stand your ground would give Zimmerman well deserved a pass.

We don't know all the details, but what we do know is Trayvon was made out to be some sort of saint by the media, the media already has Zimmerman hanging, the media made this into racial profiling and a hate crime by saying Zimmerman was white and attacked a black.
We are only getting told enough to keep this going 24/7 on the news network, getting worked up so we'll tune in every second of our lives while they trickle information to us to keep us hooked so they can sell the commercial airtime at a higher price due to a ratings spike.

We know only what we're told and we're getting an extremely biased view at the present moment. It could be right, it could be wrong.
I just hope justice prevails and the full truth comes out.

jfanent
Hall of Famer

Loc: Oregon, Ohio

#916007 - Fri Mar 30 2012 01:46 AM

It's far beyond the point that this situation will end justly in the eyes of most Americans. The media and the self serving greedy bastages that represent us in government have turned this into a situation where if Zimmerman isn't charged with a capital crime, it will be seen as an ugly case of racism. Don't be surprised if we have riots similar to or worse than what followed the Rodney King trial. Give a mob an excuse to act like animals, and that's exactly what they'll do.

If the facts prove murder, I hope Zimmerman gets the full monty...if not, I hope the sentence fits the crime if one were committed.

--------------------
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Loc: YTown, Ohio

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: jfanent]
      #916018 - Fri Mar 30 2012 02:31 AM

I would hope that all Americans would hope that Zimmerman is convicted if guilty, and exonerated if not guilty.

I have a feeling that's not going to be the case if the facts do show that he was not guilty.

--------------------
Welcome to the Browns Coach Pettine.

Hope you survive the experience.

FloridaFan
Legend

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: YTownBrownsFan]
      #916036 - Fri Mar 30 2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

I would hope that all Americans would hope that Zimmerman is convicted if guilty, and exonerated if not guilty.

I have a feeling that's not going to be the case if the facts do show that he was not guilty.

That's the problem with instant 24/7 media. The facts aren't checked or gathered, just bits and pieces of anything are printed in the hopes of "breaking the story" and sadly as in every area of our lives, most make decision on first impressions, and no amount of proof short of a full video showing the entire incident with clear video and sound will change many of their minds.

--------------------

Ballpeen
Legend

#916041 - Fri Mar 30 2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Or to tweek that a bit....or a lack of facts make it impossible to find him guilty.

--------------------

I_Rogue
Hall of Famer

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: Tobalaz]
      #916081 - Fri Mar 30 2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Just to add a little more. Even when the news organizations get the facts, they can screw it up. When my brother-in-law was murdered in 2006, a certain double digit news channel out of Cleveland was first to grab the story and only one to send a reporter to Lorain. The gal interviewed my sister and the detectives. When the story aired, they STILL got it wrong.

Over my years I have been close to a few events that have made the local TV news / newspapers and I swear I don't recall ever seeing it reported the way it happened. Maybe it's just been for me, but man, one would hope that they get it right every time when everything has been laid out in front of them. </soapbox>

--------------------

Nelson37
All Pro

Reged: Sep 18 2006

#916099 - Fri Mar 30 2012 10:17 AM

I watched the McGlaughlin (sp?) Report on this last weekend. They put up text as a quote from the Sanford PD. It stated Zimmerman had called 46 times in the last year, and that he "often" mentioned African-Americans. McG spoke the text, but said "mostly" instead of "often".

A small change, but "often" is clearly a lower number than "mostly". You would expect to often encounter African-Americans in a random sample, but to mostly have that experience would indicate some possible bias. Like an Imperial Wizard of the Klan.

There must be an actual number, they have the number of calls, why is this information being withheld? Why is Somebody Else telling us how to think?

--------------------
Who remembers Henry Hynoski?

DCDAWGFAN
Legend

#916101 - Fri Mar 30 2012 10:17 AM

Spike Lee settles for retweeting wrong address
Associated Press – 43 mins ago

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — An elderly couple has reached a settlement with Spike Lee after the pair said they had to leave their Florida home after the director help spread a Twitter posting listing their address as that of the man who shot an unarmed teen.

The couple's attorney, Matt Morgan, announced the settlement Thursday. Morgan says Lee called them to apologize for retweeting their address. Specifics of the settlement weren't disclosed.

Elaine and David McClain are in their 70s and say they have a son named William George Zimmerman, who lived in their Sanford area home in the mid-1990s. They say he is no relation to 28-year-old George Zimmerman, who killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26.

The killing has touched off widespread protests around the country and expressions of outrage — including from Lee and other celebrities — because Zimmerman was not arrested. The neighborhood watch volunteer has said he acted in self-defense.

"At this point in time, we have come to an agreement with Spike Lee and his attorneys, and at this point, the matter is fully resolved," Morgan said. "Spike has agreed to compensate the McClains for their loss and for the disruption into their lives. He's taken full responsibility."

Lee tweeted late Wednesday: "I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain's In Peace."

Morgan added that Lee also called the McClains to apologize personally.

"He was really kind," Elaine McClain said. "And when he called us, you could just tell he really felt bad about it. And it was just a slip, and I just know that he really, really has been concerned."

A production company representative for Lee in New York had no comment.

___

Reporter Michael Lewis contributed to this story from Sanford.

web page

I will give the guy credit for making an effort to make it right. People just need to realize that flying off the handle and doing something stupid then apologizing later isn't always enough. People, especially people with celebrity influence, need to think BEFORE they do stuff like this..

Even if he had tweeted the correct address, what does he think that will solve? What outcome did he expect from that? To get Zimmerman and his family harrassed and possibly hurt or killed?

--------------------
"Success is not owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." JJ Watt

Ballpeen
Legend

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: DCDAWGFAN]
      #916319 - Fri Mar 30 2012 07:17 PM

I do too. The guy screwed it up as we all do from time to time and did his best to get it straight. I am good with that, and something tells me the settlement by these Zimmers didn't take him to the cleaners...pay our expenses, keep a security guard around for a a couple of weeks just in case someone didn't get the tweet, and maybe give us a week in Hawaii....I'd be good with that.

Spike needs to be thrilled these folks house didn't get burned down, or worse.

--------------------

DogNDC
Dawg Talker

Reged: Sep 22 2006

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: DCDAWGFAN]
      #916335 - Fri Mar 30 2012 08:26 PM

J/C,
You know, there are times when someone else sums up things very well and although it makes me almost throw up in my mouth, J.Scarborough sums these thoughts up very nicely:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/ns/msnbc_tv-morning_joe/#46902402

Yup, just fools!.. now there are alot of fools to go around.. New Black Panther Party, Joe Oliver, NRA, some people on this board.....

I will be laughing soon, when the crime scene report comes out, map of where he was shot( cannot wait for that to come out)... because that will show real quick that old George was making up his story!!... Or maybe I should just believe his brother's account.. you know, how he lost the 17 year old kid but then the kid came back to confront him and of course almost knock him out totally but he some how was able to get too his gun and save himself...

ExclDawg
Hall of Famer

Reged: Sep 19 2006

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: DogNDC]
      #916355 - Fri Mar 30 2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

J.Scarborough sums these thoughts up very nicely:

Link doesn't seem to be working for me.

Quote:

Yup, just fools!.. now there are alot of fools to go around.. New Black Panther Party, Joe Oliver, NRA, some people on this board.....

I will be laughing soon, when the crime scene report comes out, map of where he was shot( cannot wait for that to come out)... because that will show real quick that old George was making up his story!!...

Do you have any inside info on this? Or you just deeming the guy guilty based on his alibi and some media speculation ... and figure the facts will automatically match your pre-determined outcome? I think the more important question is ... What if the maps and ballistics come back, and they confirm Zimmerman's story? Will your reaction be, "well maybe he was telling the truth after all" or will it be, "Well the police are obviously trying to cover something up"?

In either case, I'm not going to be "laughing". It's an unfortunate situation all around. The media and celebrity dogpile has made a bad situation much worse.

Quote:

Or maybe I should just believe his brother's account.. you know, how he lost the 17 year old kid but then the kid came back to confront him and of course almost knock him out totally but he some how was able to get too his gun and save himself...

The other account would be that a 250 pound Zimmerman managed to somehow chase down an athletic teenager who had already lost him at one point ... which is as equally difficult to believe. I'm not going to pass judgement on either until I hear a LOT more actual facts from those investigating the crime scene.

Pdawg
Hall of Famer

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: DogNDC]
      #916367 - Sat Mar 31 2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

J/C,
You know, there are times when someone else sums up things very well and although it makes me almost throw up in my mouth, J.Scarborough sums these thoughts up very nicely:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/ns/msnbc_tv-morning_joe/#46902402

I will be laughing soon, when the crime scene report comes out, map of where he was shot( cannot wait for that to come out)... because that will show real quick that old George was making up his story!!... Or maybe I should just believe his brother's account.. you know, how he lost the 17 year old kid but then the kid came back to confront him and of course almost knock him out totally but he some how was able to get too his gun and save himself...

I hope the crime scene report will be able to help clear things up as well.

~TuX~
Hall of Famer

Loc: CA

#916573 - Sat Mar 31 2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

That is exactly what will happen... Riots.

A) He doesn't get arrested - Riot

B) He gets arrested but later acquitted - Riot

Martin's parents have already demanded Zimmerman to be arrested and CONVICTED of a crime, as if we can instruct juries to convict people.

--------------------

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"

ThatGuy
Hall of Famer

Reged: Jan 29 2010

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: ~TuX~]
      #916617 - Sat Mar 31 2012 06:24 PM

I was at McDonalds the other day, and on Anderson Cooper he was interviewing an EYE WITNESS... I couldn't hear what they were saying cause the volume was down, It just seemed weird to me...

How is that possible?

Why is an eye witness to what happened talking to the media, and possibly giving facts out that probably shouldn't be given out?

How does anyone even THINK there could be any sort of fair trial at this point?

Zimmerman's life is basically over ayways...

--------------------

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

Re: Trayvon Martin... [Re: ~TuX~]
      #916640 - Sat Mar 31 2012 07:48 PM

As far as Martin's parents ...... of course they want the guy tried and convicted. That's only natural. Anyone losing a child in any even remotely similar fashion would want an arrest and conviction, and it would be impossible to see how it hasn't happened yet. That's normal in situations where a kid goes off, commits a crime,and winds up shot dead as a result ...... so of course they will have those types of feelings when their son appears to have done absolutely nothing at all wrong.

--------------------

I_Rogue
Hall of Famer

#916889 - Sun Apr 01 2012 07:05 PM

I heard about this.....Very disturbing...whether you like Fox or not....I am using their report as it doesn't change what NBC did. NBC edits to distort the 911 call to make help fuel the fires. It is too the point where I question everything now.

--------------------

Edited by I_Rogue (Sun Apr 01 2012 07:06 PM)

YTownBrownsFan
Legend

#916899 - Sun Apr 01 2012 07:32 PM

Wow.

Makes you wonder just who you can trust for any kind of honest reporting.

With MSNBC being a pretty radical organization, you would almost have to expect their parent, NBC News to also share some of that ..... but maybe not quite as blatantly. Guess the parent (NBC) is just as far off their rocker as their idiot child. (MSNBC)

--------------------

jfanent
Hall of Famer

Loc: Oregon, Ohio

#916909 - Sun Apr 01 2012 07:55 PM

Who cares if our deceptions and lies incite a race war. Our ratings are up and we got Obama some votes!

--------------------
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Dawg Talkers Message Boards >> Everything Else...

Extra information
7 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 12067

Jump to

Contact Us dawgtalkers.net