Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: The economy…… Damanshot 03/29/24 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
And all YOU do is blame Trump. Constantly.

However, I'd like to highlight this quote of yours: " Are prices for food too high? yes. But haven't you been paying attention? Every country on this planet is going through the same thing. "

Now, take that thinking a step further, but in a different scenario: Was COVID bad? Yes, but weren't you paying attention? Every country on this planet was dealing with it."

And? You blamed Trump.

You are as bad as Trumps lawyers. They just make stuff up all the time.

I NEVER blamed Trump for Covid. I blamed him for his wickedly stupid response to it.

And I believed then and I believe now, a better response may have saved lives.

Before you say it, a better response would have been to acknowledge it and to respect those that are in charge of our various agencies that are responsible for dealing with it. Instead he made them out to be scapegoats for it. That was frickin stupid.

Now we have a bunch of damn fools trying to blame Fauci for all.

But hey, maybe it was all the fault of the Jewish Space Lasers that attacked our election systems. Or maybe it was the electronic thermostats that rigged voting machines.
193 2,339 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Cleveland Guardians MemphisBrownie 03/29/24 12:22 PM
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
4 40 Read More
Re: Cleveland Guardians RememberMuni 03/29/24 12:22 PM
Dear Dad, Thank you for teaching me to root for the likes of Reggie Jackson, Ron Guidry, Jim Leyritz, Tino, Jeter, and the rest of the Yankees. I’ll never understand why these other guys root for the Cleveland Indians when they could just as easily cheer for and support the greatest organization in all of sports.
4 40 Read More
Re: Political Jokes Pt. 3 MemphisBrownie 03/29/24 12:18 PM
181 2,726 Read More
Re: History - What Fellow Republicans Have Said about Donald Trump, Find Good Quotes dawglover05 03/29/24 12:15 PM
I'm not quite sure that pic jogs my memory enough. You should probably post another.
30 164 Read More
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: NFL Kickoff Change Bull_Dawg 03/29/24 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by mac
Injury Data Since 2015
Published: Feb 02, 2024 at 06:00 AM

The NFL analyzes and shares injury data as a part of ongoing efforts to advance the health and safety of players. The injury data are compiled and analyzed by IQVIA, an independent, third-party company retained by the NFL.

NFL Injury Chart Updates 020124_16x9_Page_1

link

With all the NFLs studies and testing, the concussion rate hasn't improved.

So rather than improve the quality of football equipment, the NFL now decides to screw around with game rules, trying to make the NFL into the XFL.

For linemen, padded shells are probably beneficial. They're smacking helmets repeatedly, but with less inertia/velocity. For people that actually get tackled, they are probably less useful. For high impacts like on the old kickoff where both sides had full speed built up, the two players colliding generally aren't both leading with their helmets. I think a lot of the brain damage is from more of a whiplash effect.
36 630 Read More
Re: The economy…… Bull_Dawg 03/29/24 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Apparently anything to try to make Biden’s excellent recovery economy look bad. He’s handled the economy better than ANY president in my lifetime, that I can remember, better than O, Willie, every bush, and trickle down Ronnie… I was too young to give a crap before Reagan. The last president like biden would be FDR.

At this point, anyone hating on Bidenomics is just a hater, and not qualified to even have an opinion.

You obviously don't buy groceries, gas, etc.... This economy sucks and it has since your President was sworn in. They just don't build em like Ronny anymore!!! Last great President our country ever had. Rescued us from the mess Carter created and now we have Jimmy's 2nd term happening.

Misplaced anger. Are prices for food too high? yes. But haven't you been paying attention? Every country on this planet is going through the same thing. The difference is that our inflation is lower than anyone else. Is it Bidens fault that the other countries have it worse than us?

Back when we were in the middle of Covid, things weren't getting through. we weren't getting goods into ports. Costs go up when there are shortages. But now that products are getting through, prices haven't dropped.

Why don't you talk to corporations that keep the prices up.

No, that doesn't work for you because you can't blame Biden if you do that.

Biden is in charge of the body that sets the rules that let corporations do what they do. So, it would seem that Biden (and previous/other politicians) is complicit.

"Is it Biden's fault that other countries have it worse than us?" This is a weird question or at least way to phrase it. I'm not really sure what you're looking for with it. Are you angling for a yes, then trying to use that to say it shows Biden is doing well? We're doing "better" because everyone else relies on our currency for international trade. That doesn't really have much to do with Biden. Globally, we've effectively got the "too big to fail" currency. Plus, we have the ridiculous military expenditures and a demonstrated willingness to go nuclear.
193 2,339 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Reflection bonefish 03/29/24 11:50 AM
Today, Friday like everyday starts with a cup of Joe.

This past Sunday was no different. I got up. Made the coffee. Opened the laptop. I started to feel something I have never felt before. A kind of overall tightness.

I looked up heart attack symptoms. I checked every box. The pain was not bad as far as pain goes. What sticks is the feeling that "I have never felt this."

I live with my daughter and a grandson. She stuck her head inside my door. "I said something is wrong with me I think I am having a heart attack. See if we have any aspirin. We did not. I told her to run to the store and get some aspirin. I took the aspirin when she returned. I threw up. Then it was off to the hospital.

Massive heart attack from a blood clot in a major heart artery (widow maker). They operated and installed two shunts.

And here I am sipping coffee.
0 4 Read More
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Browns News Continued.... MemphisBrownie 03/29/24 11:48 AM
The Ridley contract didn't do the Browns any favors but, much like the Jeudy contract, they might want to get ahead of the upcoming deals of Chase, Jefferson, Higgins, etc.
75 3,163 Read More
Re: The economy…… Bull_Dawg 03/29/24 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Damanshot
OH NO,, ,we're DOOMED! The Economy is growing to fast... Whatever will be do?

The economy is doing great... for the top 0.1%. It's "improved" for those at the bottom, but not really gotten them over the poverty line. The rest are getting squeezed. Are there exceptions? Sure.

If you like greedy "elites" extracting wealth, then the economy is amazing. If you believe in equity and fair value, the economy is a travesty. If you like gambling on the stock market, you can get lucky and/or can benefit from it being manipulated (GameStop style.) Unfortunately, stock market growth doesn't actually correlate to production, it's more artificial wealth extraction.

In a way, the stock market helps large conglomerates own more by using your money. Yes, one can get a pittance kicked back. Yet, by helping to concentrate ownership of the factors of production one is facilitating wealth disparity.

Wealth disparity continues to get worse.
193 2,339 Read More
Re: Musical Heroes bonefish 03/29/24 11:25 AM
What a wonderful story. I love that kind of story.

I am not sure how many times I have watched Ken Burns "Jazz." I will just say numerous times.

I love to hear the stories of the people that played with legends. Freddy was that a legend. Dude had major power.

He played just like he looked - powerful.

9 88 Read More
Re: Cleveland Guardians ScottPlayersFacemask 03/29/24 10:06 AM
Yea, Bieber with 11 strikeouts.

Naylor had a little scare getting hit by a pitch on his hand.
4 40 Read More
Re: Cleveland Guardians YTownBrownsFan 03/29/24 04:38 AM
Nice win to open the season .... 8-0 over the A's.

Yeah the A's aren't very good ... but good start nonetheless. laugh
4 40 Read More
Re: Musical Heroes jfanent 03/29/24 02:17 AM
All one has to do is watch that video from 11:55-13:45 to see what we're talking about.
9 88 Read More
Re: Musical Heroes lampdogg 03/29/24 01:34 AM
I’ve always liked you jfan, but now I like you more. wink
9 88 Read More
Re: Musical Heroes jfanent 03/29/24 12:51 AM
When I read your first post, I was going to post the video in your second post....then I saw that you beat me to it. I really like the way she breaks down his vocals, and it sure seems like she wants to jump his bones, lol. The way he hits those high notes is incredible....without missing a note on the guitar while he's doing it. That just blows me away.
9 88 Read More
Re: The economy…… FATE 03/29/24 12:47 AM
rofl
193 2,339 Read More
Re: Republicans-still at it-again Pdawg 03/29/24 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
Leave him alone, he has a STD.

rofl
183 2,187 Read More
Re: The economy…… hitt 03/29/24 12:23 AM
Yes, blane Trump who took credit for warp speed covid vaccine, then didn't follow established procedures- got Covid, showed the country how to do smart thing- inject cleaner into your body, capture light- magically project it into body, nuke hurricanes--yah--I blame Trump AND the country did too- the idiot got beat, but still hasn't admitted it---he's best at lying, selling sneaker, colonge, abusing women, and cheating on his taxes........VERY PRESIDENTIAL. NOT, anyone but TRUMP.
193 2,339 Read More
Re: The economy…… archbolddawg 03/28/24 11:58 PM
And all YOU do is blame Trump. Constantly.

However, I'd like to highlight this quote of yours: " Are prices for food too high? yes. But haven't you been paying attention? Every country on this planet is going through the same thing. "

Now, take that thinking a step further, but in a different scenario: Was COVID bad? Yes, but weren't you paying attention? Every country on this planet was dealing with it."

And? You blamed Trump.
193 2,339 Read More
Re: Republicans-still at it-again FATE 03/28/24 11:51 PM
Leave him alone, he has a STD.
183 2,187 Read More
Re: Musical Heroes FATE 03/28/24 11:50 PM
Imagine hearing someone do this in the early 1800's.

This is why people ran and hid under their beds...

9 88 Read More
Re: Musical Heroes FATE 03/28/24 11:43 PM
Niccolò Paganini was such a gifted violinist, people thought he sold his soul to the devil

By Maddy Shaw Roberts

Some thought he was a metaphorical musical God, others thought he literally got his virtuosity from a deal with the Devil. But what was the real story behind Niccolò Paganini’s genius?

Born on 27 October 1782 in Genoa, Italy, Niccolò Paganini was an incredibly gifted musician, and is widely considered one of the greatest violinists of all time.

He started playing the mandolin aged five, before taking up the violin aged seven and giving his first public performance aged 11 in Genoa. At the age of just 15, the talented teenager started playing solo tours.

The 19th century produced a number of extraordinary violinists – but none like Paganini. His talent was so beyond that of his peers that people started to believe he had made a pact with the devil.

It was even rumoured that Paganini’s mother had sold his soul to the devil so he could become the greatest virtuoso in history.

Here’s the real story...

Aged 13, Paganini was sent to study with famous violinist and teacher, Alessandro Rolla.

Rolla quickly saw Paganini’s talent, and decided there was nothing else he could teach him. So, he passed him onto his own teacher, Ferdinando Paer – who later referred him to his teacher, Gasparo Ghiretti.

The young Paganini was clearly a child prodigy. But when 15-year-old Paganini embarked on solo tours, he had a breakdown and turned to alcoholism.

The violinist’s fame slowly turned him into a heavy gambler, drinker and a serial womaniser. A rumour even spread that Paganini had murdered a woman, used her intestines as violin strings and imprisoned her soul within the instrument. Women’s screams were said to be heard from his violin when he performed on stage.

One thing was for sure: Paganini’s skill on the violin was unparalleled. He was one of the first solo violinists to perform publicly without sheet music, choosing instead to memorise everything.

Known particularly for his fiendish 24 Caprices for Solo Violin, Paganini helped popularise certain string techniques such as bow bounces – spiccato – as well as left-hand pizzicato and harmonics. He also purposely mistuned strings to make certain pieces easier to play.

It is said he could play 12 notes per second – a feat later achieved by violinist David Garrett, who plays Paganini in The Devil’s Violinist, a 2013 film based on the composer’s life story.

The Devil incarnate?

Paganini was a striking man with hollow cheeks, pale skin and thin lips. He was very tall and thin, and often dressed in black.

He also had very long, thin fingers and without the restriction of performing with sheet music, he flailed about on stage, earning him the nickname ‘Rubber man’.

It is now believed that Paganini’s unusual finger length, which allowed him to play three octaves in one hand span, was due to Marfan syndrome, a genetic disorder. Equally, his ability to play at incredible speed could be attributed to Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, a disorder which causes increased flexibility and a lack of coordination.

The violin was also regarded by some as the devil's instrument, so all in all, it's not surprising that rumours about a deal with the devil started circulating. Some even thought Paganini could be the Devil himself.

One of the first rumours came out of a concert in Vienna, where one audience member said they thought they had seen the devil helping Paganini play. People soon began claiming to have doppelgängers of Paganini with horns and hooves.

It was even said that the Devil once made lightning strike the end of Paganini’s bow during a performance.

How did Paganini die?

Paganini was sickly for much of his later life. He contracted syphilis in 1822, which was treated with mercury, leading to further health problems.

In 1834, he caught tuberculosis and recovered shortly after. But later that year, he found himself getting weaker and decided to retire from public performance, aged 54, and spent his last years teaching the violin.

Paganini died of larynx cancer on 27 May, 1840 in Nice, France. Before his death, he turned away a priest offering him last rites, the final prayers Catholics receive at the end of their lives.

Paganini said he turned the priest away was because he thought he wasn’t going to die – but those who believed he was in league with the devil didn’t buy this explanation.

A week later, Paganini died without receiving the last rites and his local church refused to bury his body on consecrated ground – even though he was a member of the Order of the Golden Spur.

Over the next four years, his corpse would be transported on an extraordinary tour of Europe. His embalmed body was left on his deathbed in Nice for two months, before it was transferred to the cellar of the house, where it remained for over a year.

After his local church refused to bury him, his body was later taken to an abandoned leper house, before being moved to a cement vat in an olive oil factory and later to a private house near Nice.

Almost four years after his death, Pope Gregory XVI allowed the violinist’s body to be transported to Genoa, and he was finally laid to rest in La Villetta Cemetery in Parma, Italy – some 200km from his birthplace in Genoa.

https://www.classicfm.com/composers/paganini/niccolo-gifted-violinist-deal-with-devil/

From his iconic 24 Caprices for Solo Violin Op. 1... Caprice #24...

9 88 Read More
Re: Republicans-still at it-again Pdawg 03/28/24 11:43 PM
It’s TDS. If you are going to make fun of others you should at least get your facts straight.
183 2,187 Read More
Re: The economy…… Damanshot 03/28/24 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Apparently anything to try to make Biden’s excellent recovery economy look bad. He’s handled the economy better than ANY president in my lifetime, that I can remember, better than O, Willie, every bush, and trickle down Ronnie… I was too young to give a crap before Reagan. The last president like biden would be FDR.

At this point, anyone hating on Bidenomics is just a hater, and not qualified to even have an opinion.

You obviously don't buy groceries, gas, etc.... This economy sucks and it has since your President was sworn in. They just don't build em like Ronny anymore!!! Last great President our country ever had. Rescued us from the mess Carter created and now we have Jimmy's 2nd term happening.

Misplaced anger. Are prices for food too high? yes. But haven't you been paying attention? Every country on this planet is going through the same thing. The difference is that our inflation is lower than anyone else. Is it Bidens fault that the other countries have it worse than us?

Back when we were in the middle of Covid, things weren't getting through. we weren't getting goods into ports. Costs go up when there are shortages. But now that products are getting through, prices haven't dropped.

Why don't you talk to corporations that keep the prices up.

No, that doesn't work for you because you can't blame Biden if you do that.
193 2,339 Read More
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23