Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Palus Politicus Jump to new posts
Re: Republicans-still at it-again PerfectSpiral 03/28/24 04:31 PM
Not related to this thread. I found this image the other day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
176 2,084 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Cleveland Browns ticket prices will increases for 2024 season northlima dawg 03/28/24 04:28 PM
2 155 Read More
Everything Else... Jump to new posts
Re: How Could This Be Real Thread PitDAWG 03/28/24 04:26 PM
California Man Arrested After Allegedly Eating Leg of Person Killed by Train

Rosendo Tellez, 27, was arrested after allegedly removing human remains from a crime scene and was later seen eating the body part, according to local news and eyewitnesses.

The city of Wasco, Calif., is in shock after a disturbing incident.

A man, identified as Rosendo Tellez, 27, has been arrested after allegedly removing human remains from the city's Amtrack Station following an incident in which a pedestrian was struck by a train. Eyewitnesses at the scene, including local construction worker Jose Ibarra, alleged they saw Tellez—who residents in Wasco said is homeless—eating a human leg.

"Whatever he had in his hand, he started biting in on it and everything, and it turned out to be a person's leg," Ibarra recalled to NBC affiliate KGET. "On the video that we have, it shows clearly that he started chewing on the leg and everything."

A video posted to social media showed Tellez bent over what seemed to be a leg before he waved it around as police cars were parked in the area.

Tellez was arrested on March 22 on one misdemeanor count of "removal of human remains from other than a cemetery," one misdemeanor count of possession of controlled substance paraphernalia and one felony offense of "revocation of felony probation," according to records from Kern County Sheriff's Office obtained by E! News.

Police arrived at the scene of the fatal train collision that killed the unidentified victim around 8 a.m. March 22, KGET reported. That same day, Tellez was arrested.

E! News has reached out to the Kern County District Attorney's office but has not heard back and has been unable to locate Tellez's legal representation.

https://www.eonline.com/news/139820...zUSpEY48BNXnsdR09q1kn_vlHH78VcaGlDlI_UjQ
89 3,319 Read More
Pure Football Forum Jump to new posts
Re: NFL Kickoff Change mac 03/28/24 04:13 PM
Injury Data Since 2015
Published: Feb 02, 2024 at 06:00 AM

The NFL analyzes and shares injury data as a part of ongoing efforts to advance the health and safety of players. The injury data are compiled and analyzed by IQVIA, an independent, third-party company retained by the NFL.

NFL Injury Chart Updates 020124_16x9_Page_1

link

With all the NFLs studies and testing, the concussion rate hasn't improved.

So rather than improve the quality of football equipment, the NFL now decides to screw around with game rules, trying to make the NFL into the XFL.
33 553 Read More
Re: Cuckoo Democrats And What They Have Become Pt 5 PerfectSpiral 03/28/24 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
I don't think there are many 'users' in prison. Mostly dealers. Many definitely deserving to be there and have a long list of other charges to back that up.

Other than those tidbits, I agree with the premise 100%.

Many addicts are forced into dealing. I could see in those cases without a list of other charges on the individual could benefit in a rehabilitation center rather than in a cell.
59 486 Read More
Re: History - What Fellow Republicans Have Said about Donald Trump, Find Good Quotes hitt 03/28/24 03:15 PM
Money talks and BS walks.....interesting no one wants to help the Donald with his legal fees and other probllems- note the RNC lack of MONEY--- here is an interesting quote--

I don’t think it is fair to call Donald Trump a damaged candidate,” said Eric Levine, a top GOP fundraiser who has been calling on the party to move on from Trump since the 2020 election and the uprising at the Capitol. “He is a metastasizing cancer who if he is not stopped is going to destroy the party. Donald Trump is a loser. He is the first president since Hoover to lose the House, the Senate and the presidency in a single term.

Trump is a loser- his hand picked midterm chosen got beat, he's a "billionaire" who need the massive number of suckers to buy his colonge, sneakers, and shares of his "media company" to stay afloat. Damn he's Presidential- name an ex-President who has been worse.
NONE. Beat Trump- so few members of Republican Party have the guts to call him what he is---- a sideshow hawker/ con man.
7 74 Read More
Re: Your Ties to Cleveland Ballpeen 03/28/24 03:06 PM
Good gosh Lover. You went to 21 without drinking? Impressive. I hope you didn't have any similar bets about sexual abstinence. LOL
67 1,256 Read More
Re: Trump hush Money Trial Set to start On April 15th. PerfectSpiral 03/28/24 02:56 PM
I can hear the train. It’s getting closer.
2 42 Read More
Re: Browns News Continued.... Ballpeen 03/28/24 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
I hope they dont do that.. I get the whole bring the nfl to the world, but its just silly.. theres only 17 games, the people that are buying merchandise predominately live in the states, and all you're doing is taking a home game away from a team, making teams go across the globe to play a jet lagged game then have to get back and try to get ready for the next one.. its dumb. I think it needs to die. Bring back NFL europe or create other spin offs if other countries want to see american football. I swear Roger Goodell is ruining football, every year we get closer to flag football and these half baked money grabbing schemes

Not going to beef your opinions on the game, but Brazil is 1 hours ahead of us time wise. Jet lag isn't a function of time spent in the plane. It is caused by the number of times zones one crosses. You cross more time zones going to the west coast than you do going to Brazil. Any lag will be the same as flying from Cleveland to Indy. And in reality, the biggest impact on lag is on the west to east flight, but either way, 1 hour isn't going to make much of an impact to our circadian rhythm. You can correct that in a day.

The bigger issue to me is the Peacock deal. The NFL needs to pick one streaming provider. If it's You Tube, fine. Peacock, fine, but it wisses me off when you have to start buying 3-4 different providers to watch your pucking game.
72 3,005 Read More
Re: Musical Heroes AZBrown 03/28/24 09:39 AM
I don't know if this specifically pertains to the thread.
One name comes to mind::
Jaco Pastorius.
I'm too tired to go into any detail.
People either know about him, or they don't.
1 30 Read More
Re: Music Video Thread #3471 TTTDawg 03/27/24 10:32 PM
Can't remember if this was posted in one of the 3471 Music Video Threads

The New Radicals

You Get What You Give

196 5,672 Read More
Re: Health update Ballpeen 03/27/24 09:54 AM
Prayers my friend.
26 487 Read More
Re: $1.2 Trillion later, we can keep the gubment open. Woohoo! dawglover05 03/27/24 12:06 AM
Bro, the Dot Bomb bubble peaked on March 10, 2000…

In 1995, Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act that opened up mortgages to those who should not have qualified. Bush didn’t help it either but Clinton got the ball rolling. The bubble was building. A bubble is not only in existence at the time it bursts.

These are facts.

Yes, despite all that nonsense, I might see an argument that he was perhaps the most fiscally conservative president since pre-Reagan, but let’s at least be honest with ourselves at the same time about how he achieved a good portion of that achievement.
43 606 Read More
Re: Trump starts the Appeals process mgh888 03/26/24 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Yes. By legal standard, his actions constitute fraud.

Haven't checked this forum out much recently. I'm traveling and enjoying a steak and glass of Malbec and playing catch up ...

On trump and his alleged financial fraud.... I thought (and this is from a year plus ago) that he systematically over inflated values.for loan applications and under inflated them for tax purposes. Is that pretty much accepted ?

So the only questions I think would be relevant ...

> Did trump initiate or know? I would imagine yes - jmo.
> does it matter if he knew? No. Otherwise every high powered exec could claim ignorance for any paperwork submitted on.their behalf by a third party.
> is trump being given special attention for.something others would not be prosecuted for? ... again imo no, not when its this scale. From memory the same district has prosecuted others for the same or v similar offenses . Not lots because its not a common occurrence but there is precedence.

So... what am I missing? Certainly not an expert or infallible .
148 1,477 Read More
Re: Political Jokes Pt. 3 FATE 03/26/24 08:48 PM
180 2,721 Read More
Re: Goofy Immortal 2 FATE 03/26/24 08:45 PM
362 18,161 Read More
Re: Ukraine and Russia Cont. OldColdDawg 03/26/24 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Welp. I was going to send you a response and then my screen refreshed and I lost it all. Great stuff. I like the discussion and wanted to let you know I don't think you're self-righteous.

Hopefully I'll get to remaking the point later.

I try not to be. I definitely can be when roused, though.

Hate it when technology decides not to cooperate.

That’s why I use chat gpt as my own personal diary, that way I can ask homeboy what I said the night before when I was stoned out of my mind.

A word of warning rather you actually do this or not, there is a 100% chance your ChatGPT interactions are being used to improve the AI. Sometimes that involves human eyes. So keep that in mind until you get a locally run llm. There are a ton of tutorials for that YouTube, FYI.
93 1,814 Read More
Tailgate Forum Jump to new posts
Re: CAVS/NBA superbowldogg 03/26/24 04:35 PM
146 6,066 Read More
Re: Elon Is At It Again.... PitDAWG 03/26/24 03:35 PM
X's lawsuit against hate speech watchdog group tossed by judge

A federal judge in California threw out a lawsuit filed by X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, against a hate speech watchdog on Monday.

Why it matters: The judge ruled the lawsuit was intended to punish the Center for Countering Digital Hate for publishing research suggesting there has been a rise in bigoted speech on the platform since Elon Musk's takeover.

Context: Through the lawsuit, X claimed that the Center for Countering Digital Hate used "flawed methodologies to advance incorrect, misleading narratives" in its reports.

It accused the center of violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, intentional interference with contractual relations and inducing breach of contract.
The center denied those claims and accused X and Musk of retaliating against it because of its reports.

What's inside: The judge ruled on Monday that the lawsuit was "unabashedly and vociferously" about "punishing the Defendants for their speech."

The judge approved the center's request to throw out the lawsuit based on California's anti-SLAPP law, which provides defendants a way to quickly dismiss meritless lawsuits if they are being sued for actions that amount to them exercising their freedom of speech, press, assembly or petition.
In addition to tossing the case, the judge also denied X Corp.'s request to re-plead the case.

What they're saying: The center said the ruling "sent a strong message about seeking to censor those who criticize social media companies, which we are confident will resonate throughout Silicon Valley and beyond."

"Today a federal court in San Francisco issued a decision in the case X brought against the Center for Countering Digital Hate for illegally obtaining platform data to create misleading research. X disagrees with the court's decision and plans to appeal," X said in a post on the social media platform.

Between the lines: Musk, a self-proclaimed free speech "absolutist," has repeatedly claimed that he would protect all forms of speech on Twitter.

In practice, however, the platform has been lenient to those who post hateful or extremist content while cracking down on speech that's critical of the platform or of Musk.

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/25/el...x-0Q3VoffO3G0WFYCFqE9jcVv35zs2VlS9crdRA8

Translation; As we have seen with people of wealth and power, if they keep someone with far lesser means tied up in the legal system for long enough they will go broke and no longer have the ability to fight.
297 6,733 Read More
Re: Browns Sign K Cade York (Yes, Really) Damanshot 03/26/24 01:44 PM
If he's a camp leg, I can't find much wrong with it. But I don't trust what's between his ears. Something ain't right
16 705 Read More
Re: Rodney McLoed re-signed GMdawg 03/26/24 09:55 AM
WOOHOO Glad to have him back this year.
3 224 Read More
Re: cognitive decline hitt 03/25/24 08:59 PM
We've got a long way to go to match Roman Empire--- our democracy has worked for over 200 years- founders were very smart- the big states couldn't crush the little states-- large population states can't crush small population states---mainly two party system is better than most. Sure wish we had younger generation option- Trump is morally bankrupt/to old, Biden is two old, but not on same moral corruption as Trump......anybody but Trump. Kennedy seems pretty goofy----maybe not him either.
72 1,166 Read More
Re: Spring is coming.. RememberMuni 03/25/24 03:21 PM
Spring is coming. Thank God. Golf, grilling, and the start of football with spring games and the nfl draft.
17 516 Read More
Re: Browns Sign RB D'Onta Foreman Day of the Dawg 03/25/24 01:36 PM
I think this signing is protection, so the team does not have to overreach for a running back in the draft if there are better players available. I do think they will still draft a running back either 2nd or 3rd round. I also believe that Chubb will start the season on the PUP list. Then Foreman and the rookie will be the 1 - 2 punch. When Chubb does come back, they will work him in slowly to that rotation.
14 718 Read More
Re: Browns and Jerry Jeudy Reach 3-Year Extension MemphisBrownie 03/25/24 12:12 PM
THE DETAILS
The news of the full details broke based on a tweet from Albert Breer.

Based on what he is saying this would be the terms of the deal:
[Linked Image from s3media.247sports.com]

I would think it would look something more like this when we see it:
[Linked Image from s3media.247sports.com]

CONCLUSION
Getting a pay rise from $12,987,000 in 2024 to $18,997,000 isn't a surprise, it is quite common to give a player some of that extension upfront rather than wait for the first new year to receive any money. This is partly what encourages a player to sign the deal now.

Even if they haven't added any option bonuses into the deal then they can restructure him each year still and will have the language in the contract to allow them to do this, same with all Cleveland Browns contracts.

We usually see per-game roster bonuses in the deals say $30,000 per game to protect against injury but they haven't decided to do this. The surprising exclusion is no roster bonus in 2027, where they could keep him up until week one and then cut him.

It wouldn't surprise me that when the full deal is out on Over The Cap I end up just doing a follow-up article with some of these pieces added.

Getting Out The Deal

With the $6m guaranteed in 2026, if they decided they wanted to cut him after the 2025 season then he would be able to sign with another team. Anything he earns up to $6m would first go to pay back the Browns' guarantees due to offset language. He would have to be really bad to not get that so I would expect this to not be an issue and if someone else picks up the tab it would be $4,785,000 they are on the hook for as another team would cover the minimum.

If they decide to get out of the deal after 2025 it will have cost them $22,010,000 for the one year extension plus up to $6m more depending who pays those 2026 guarantees, this seems unlikely. I would expect this to be a two year deal worth $35,497,000 and then they have a team option for the final year of $17m.

Salary Cap Update

This makes the current Cleveland Browns current cap space $4,898,435

Over The Cap has no void years for Winston which is where the difference comes from, since this deal is yet to be officially announced, the exact terms probably aren't confirmed, I am just basing my prediction on what they have done in the past. I always like to compare to them as they do such a great job and it is where I rely on for all my key salary cap information information.
https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...ns-extension-contract-229266123/#2393739

--------------

Still nothing official on the annual breakdown.
23 939 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4