Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Does anyone have the snap/rep count for Bowe? I know he had one target, but I just didn't see him at all it seemed.

I must have gotten up to get a drink or food so I missed his appearance(s)

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
This is nonsense, but kind of funny..

Photo from the game yesterday.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
This is nonsense, but kind of funny..

Photo from the game yesterday.

That is kind of interesting.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
LOL

The #13...pretty much follows the Browns everywhere.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
D
Legend
Legend
D
13,the number of total wins we'll have in 13 seasons! rofl

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
quote by 3rd and 20 above:

"After watching the Browns for years and years and years, you pretty much know what's gonna happen."

How true! It was amazing.

After the Browns tied it up with the two point conversion and the Chargers got the ball back with 2 minutes left, I could have scripted the last two minutes. (although, I'm suprised the Browns weren't up by 2 points when the Charges kicked the field goal as time expired)

I'm definitely in the upper echelon of "blindly optomistic Browns fans".

But I'm losin' the faith.

I can't even believe I'm sayin' that.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: E.Ryze19
This defense sucks. I don't usually call for firing someone, but O'neil has to go. This defense is horrible.

McCown is horrible. I don't care how many yards he had, he costs us in sacks. Bowe should be gone tomorrow, and a decent LB signed. I really feel that is the weak spot on this defense. Kruger dropping in coverage? WTF. He has no impact on run plays, and the inside guys can't stop runs up the middle.

All you have to do to beat this team, is get into 3rd and long. You will automatically get 15+ yards or a score. Pathetic.

I thought Desir played good today. That TD was just an amazing throw. Whitner gives up another TD while in coverage, although he did play better today.

McCown tries for the home run way too often when things are open underneath. The guy looks antsy to me all most all the time. We will not win with him, IMO the switch needs to be made now.

Did I say how bad this defense is?

Yup.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
quote by 3rd and 20 above:

"After watching the Browns for years and years and years, you pretty much know what's gonna happen."

How true! It was amazing.

After the Browns tied it up with the two point conversion and the Chargers got the ball back with 2 minutes left, I could have scripted the last two minutes. (although, I'm suprised the Browns weren't up by 2 points when the Charges kicked the field goal as time expired)

I'm definitely in the upper echelon of "blindly optomistic Browns fans".

But I'm losin' the faith.

I can't even believe I'm sayin' that.

It might get fun again if and when Johnny starts to play again.

McCown didn't really have a bad game yesterday, but we need a QB with a bit more speed, because our O line isn't all what it's cracked up to be and our QB's gotta be ready to scramble.

Even if we didn't get a penality with that missed field goal I have a feeling that the Browns STILL would have blown that game. That's just how it is with them. You know? banghead

P
Legend
Legend
P
When your team puts 27 points on the board, you should win the game.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I remember when folks used to say we didnt take enough deep shots to keep the defense honest...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
When your team puts 27 points on the board, you should win the game.

Man the first time we play a REAL team they will obliterate us. If we were heading to Atlanta I'd bet on them breaking 50. This defense is pathetic in all areas. Secondary is hurt and playing poorly, and we have the worst front 7 in football. All offseason they talked about stopping the run. We are GOING to stop the run. Stopping the run is ALL we care about. Blah blah woof woof. The result is we are dead last against the run. I know people hate this but that DESERVES a *snicker*
Sack counts have been 0 7 0 and 2 it's averaging out to be the 2 per game we got last year.... 2 sacks against a Charger team with only 2/5ths of their line? So basically we can't stop the run and we can't get pressure on the QB. With a banged up secondary we got nothing.... The Ravens game is must win as they are as bad off as we are. After that it gets rough....

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
E
Legend
Legend
E
and we have the worst front 7 in football

I've heard over the past month or so.

We have:
The worst OL
The worst RBs
The worst WRs
The worst TEs
The worst QBs
The worst ST coach

Its getting tiring. Don't get me wrong we haven't been close to Good in some of those units. But not the worst.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab

We have:
The worst OL
The worst RBs
The worst WRs
The worst TEs
The worst QBs
The worst ST coach

Its getting tiring. Don't get me wrong we haven't been close to Good in some of those units. But not the worst.

the problem is that we aren't GOOD ENOUGH in any areas to compensate for being poor in others. Almost every team has weaknesses, but they have strengths they can rely on... what are our strengths?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: eotab

We have:
The worst OL
The worst RBs
The worst WRs
The worst TEs
The worst QBs
The worst ST coach

the problem is that we aren't GOOD ENOUGH in any areas to compensate for being poor in others. Almost every team has weaknesses, but they have strengths they can rely on... what are our strengths?

We have solid fashion sense with the new uniforms.
So, there's that...

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
cdotcombrowns @cdotcombrowns

Tramon Williams says NFL told Browns 'I wasn't offside' on Chargers game winning FG attempt #browns

Link to story

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
quote above:

"We have:
The worst OL
The worst RBs
The worst WRs
The worst TEs
The worst QBs
The worst ST coach"

Go figure.

Because there is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that we are the BEST fans!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
cdotcombrowns @cdotcombrowns

Tramon Williams says NFL told Browns 'I wasn't offside' on Chargers game winning FG attempt #browns

Link to story

That's what I thought when I watched it... but I never saw the sideline view so I figured it was my homer goggles.

My wife always has told me "someone makes a lot of money by the Browns losing." Last week, the Vegas line opened Monday giving the Browns 7 1/2, and moved all the way to 4 by Saturday. That means a whole LOT of bets were put on the Browns, probably a lot of them on the moneyline (+240) to pump that line down. There were a lot of really bad calls in the first half, then that call at the end of the game, well... I guess the ref and the NFL can quietly say "oops" and we're stuck with the loss.

Legend
Legend

Tramon Williams says NFL told Browns 'I wasn't offside' on Chargers' game-winning field goal attempt

By Mary Kay Cabot, Northeast Ohio Media Group
Follow on Twitter
on October 07, 2015 at 6:54 PM, updated October 07, 2015 at 8:21 PM
BEREA, Ohio -- Tramon Williams said Wednesday that the NFL told the Browns that he wasn't offside on the gamewinning field goal attempt by the Chargers in their 30-27 victory Sunday.

Williams told Northeast Ohio Media Group on Wednesday that Browns coaches asked the NFL office to review tape of the Chargers' game-winning field goal attempt as time expired -- and he got the answer he was expecting.

"It came back that I wasn't offside,'' Williams told NEOMG. "I moved when the ball was snapped.''

A source told NEOMG that the NFL has not reviewed the tape for the Browns, and even if it did, it would be inconclusive, because there's no straight shot down the line showing if Williams jumped.

Rookie kicker Josh Lambo pushed the initial 39-yard kick wide right possibly because he saw Williams charging. Lambo lined up 5 yards closer and nailed the 34-yarder to give the Chargers the 30-27 victory with no time on the clock.

It prevented the Browns from going to overtime and dropped them to 1-3 heading into Sunday's game against the 1-3 Ravens. The Chargers evened their record at 2-2.

"The coaches sent in the tape questioning it, because like I said, it was close and I thought I got a good jump,'' said Williams. "It was time to do or die at the end of the game. I had gathered all the information throughout the game, and I was like 'this is my time.'

"And sure enough, I got a good jump on it.''

The NFL generally doesn't comment on calls sent into the league office by teams for review, and the Browns declined to comment.

Williams said the call was close and he understands why he was penalized. Another source acknowledged that it would be difficult for the side judge to determine if he actually moved early.

"I just move so much faster than everybody else,'' he said. "I can see where the referees would miss that. It's explanatory. Guys make mistakes. At the end of the day you just hope that we can get judgment at the end of the game, maybe review or whatever it may be.''

Williams, who held his head high after the game and again on Monday in the locker room, said he takes no solace in the fact the league agreed with him.

"At this point it really don't matter,'' he said. "I've been through a lot of different situations where it came down to calls like that. I was one of the guys in the Fail Mary play (a victory by the Seahawks over Williams' Packers in 2012 when officials missed offensive pass interference on the gamewinning touchdown catch by Golden Tate).

"There's nothing you can really do about it. Only thing you can do is learn from it and keep going. You make no excuses about it at all. It's done.

"I'm just here to play and get better now,'' he said.

Williams said he agrees with Lions coach Jim Caldwell, whose team lost to the Seahawks Monday night when the official missed Seattle linebacker K.J. Wright illegally batting the ball out of the back of the end zone. The Lions should've had possession at the 1 after Kam Chancellor's strip of Calvin Johnson as he was on his way into the end zone.

"You can't cry about it,'' said Williams. "There's nothing you can do about it.''

Williams acknowledged that he believes Lambo missed the 39-yard kick because he felt the cornerback's presence.

"But that's the league, though,'' said Williams.

After the game, Williams indicated he was surprised that he was flagged.

"I thought I was real close,'' he said. "I gauged the snap count throughout the game. It's a chip shot and it's to win the game, so I'm trying to give all the effort I can. No room for error. If I was a little bit too fast, that's tough."

Coach Mike Pettine didn't blame Williams after the game.

"He battled and played his tail off for 60 minutes and at the end he tried to make a play,'' he said. "It was just a shade early. I'm not going to say anything to him other than, 'Thanks for the effort.' ''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss..._medium=twitter

[img]http://i.freegifmaker.me/1/4/4/4/2/6/14442614662707131.gif?1444261468[/img]

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Wow.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
That makes me sick.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was wondering about that play. After the game was over I went back with the dvr and replayed the play and tried to stop it when i saw the center move and it looked close to me.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: dawg66
I was wondering about that play. After the game was over I went back with the dvr and replayed the play and tried to stop it when i saw the center move and it looked close to me.

I was at the game and I just assumed that anyone that gets that good of a jump is probably offside.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My apologies to Tramon. I realized then that we was trying to make a play but I still thought some pretty unfriendly thoughts about him. I take them back.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
My apologies to Tramon. I realized then that we was trying to make a play but I still thought some pretty unfriendly thoughts about him. I take them back.

Yeah, I'm in this boat too :(SO let me get this straight... with all the cameras in the stadium, they want us to believe that they couldn't find a reasonable angle to review? I'm not buying that.

I know it would suck for the Chargers, but if the NFL says he was not offsides, the game should officially be a tie. We're not talking a judgement call like holding. Offsides is either you are or you aren't.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Yeah, I'm in this boat too :(SO let me get this straight... with all the cameras in the stadium, they want us to believe that they couldn't find a reasonable angle to review? I'm not buying that.

I know it would suck for the Chargers, but if the NFL says he was not offsides, the game should officially be a tie. We're not talking a judgement call like holding. Offsides is either you are or you aren't.

offsides is not reviewable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: dawg66

I was at the game and I just assumed that anyone that gets that good of a jump is probably offside.

Watching the replay (on TV), I thought that he was offside. Man, he must have got the perfect jump...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Watching the replay (on TV), I thought that he was offside. Man, he must have got the perfect jump...

Under his jersey he may have an S on his chest but the NFL made sure he's got a target on his back too.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

offsides is not reviewable.

It sure should be, since it can decide a game. I think that everything that changes the end of a game (in the final 2 minutes) should be reviewed. (including FG tries, offsides on a scoring play, and so on)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Chargers 30 Post game nonsense

Link Copied to Clipboard