Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens...t-of-his-career

Flacco could be without as many as five starters Sunday, if you include first-round pick Breshad Perriman and tight end Dennis Pitta, when the Ravens play the Cleveland Browns at M&T Bank Stadium. There's a chance Baltimore will be without wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. (back), tight end Crockett Gillmore (calf) and left tackle Eugene Monroe (concussion).

The buzz all week will center on how Flacco has to elevate everyone around him. That's what franchise quarterbacks do. That's what leaders do. This is true, to a degree. The Ravens gave him a $120.6 million contract, but they didn't give him superpowers.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
These opposing teams are REALLY making it tougher and tougher for us to play down to them.
Thank God we have a team of professionals that are up to the challenge.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
These opposing teams are REALLY making it tougher and tougher for us to play down to them.
Thank God we have a team of professionals that are up to the challenge.

Should be refreshing to see our scrubs in the second half.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
We're gonna get beat by Lorenzo Taliaferro, Juicy Kyle, Kamar Aiken, and Maxx Williams.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Aiken played well last week.

Last I looked we've been banged up for most the season also. But I forgot we just SUCK!

Pita has hurt us in the past...Williams a rookie who know maybe his break out game???

We come out and attack the Gaps on D and blow them away on O with a COMMITTED Run game. You know Play like a BROWN in DEED not word!

If our season can turn around it will be with this game. If not then we will fight to possibly get to 7 wins at best this year.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I wonder if they plan on letting Chris Givens go deep on us...I know they traded for him a couple days ago and he is a big flair threat

D
Legend
Legend
D
Rivers down pretty much his entire freaking o-line and his entire freaking WR core, and we freaking still could not freaking stop him.

I'd freaking say that most freaking scout teams could smoke our defense had they a freaking decent QB behind center. Unfortunately, freaking Flacco (hey alliteration!) is a freaking decent QB!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
If not then we will fight to possibly get to 7 wins at best this year.

7 wins??? Are you on crack??

Legend
Legend
Kiss of Death. Still gargling the taste of last week out of me brain. Scary.

Some coordinators need to step it up.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
T
Legend
Legend
T
They're playing the Browns, they probably view it as a bye week, why play Steve Smith Sr. and not let him rest up, if it's pretty much a given that they don't respect the Browns, or the Browns' chances to win.

I think most teams look at it this way. Just show up, take your time, let the game play itself out, and the Browns will find a way to lose it, just absorb the first half and turn it on for a series or two in the 3rd or 4th quarter, and you can beat the Browns.

They aren't going to respect you until you beat them and beat them convincingly.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
This is a game the Browns should win.

Joe Flacco targets Steve Smith 30% of the time. Crockett Gilmore is hurt.
Thats his 2 top targets out.
Chris Givens will have a week of practice. Good deep threat but not the route runner Smith is.
Him and Flacco won't be in sync at all.
Marlon Brown doesn't command a double team. Aiken is serviceable.
The Browns secondary should be able to hag with the Ravens WRs.
But without a pass rush,Flacco will feast on the Browns.
Expect alot of Justin Forsett.
run defense dead last in the NFL. I see Forsett getting the ball 30 times.

The Ravens defense isn't what it used to be. Their LBers aren't great blitzers. they are better run stoppers. Smith and Webb have been getting torched this season.
must win for both teams.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
They're playing the Browns, they probably view it as a bye week, why play Steve Smith Sr. and not let him rest up, if it's pretty much a given that they don't respect the Browns, or the Browns' chances to win.

I think most teams look at it this way. Just show up, take your time, let the game play itself out, and the Browns will find a way to lose it, just absorb the first half and turn it on for a series or two in the 3rd or 4th quarter, and you can beat the Browns.

They aren't going to respect you until you beat them and beat them convincingly.

This post should be placed in every game day thread throughout the year.
I have said the very same thing for years and years,minus the last paragraph.Sadly,it is true.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think we should add a new post in every gameday thread called "How will the Browns disappoint me this week"

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 33 Ravens 30 Uh Oh we're in trouble ...Raven's are banged up.

Link Copied to Clipboard