Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: ddubia
I get that and agree. I was just pointing out that so many are judging 2 players after only 6 games.

Hmmmmm.....it works the other way, too.

--Does "Gilber's break-out season" ring a bell?

--Shelton is a beast.

--Erving is the best offensive lineman in the draft.

--Bowe is the big, tall, fast WR we need.

--Duke is going to challenge for rookie of the year.

--Gabriel is going to emerge as one of the best receivers in the entire NFL.

--We are going to have a top 5 defense.

--We are going to have a great running game.

Need I continue? brownie

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm not really sure where you went with that, or why.

All I'm saying is that this years picks, Shelton and Erving have been here for 6 total games. It's hardly time to call them busts, lumping them in with the other disappointing first round picks.

As I said in my original post on the subject, I'm defending those two players, not the GM.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I went there because people seem to have a problem w/negative evaluations after just a 6 games but seem to have absolutely no problem w/positive evaluations after zero games.

It strikes me as odd and biased.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I went there because people seem to have a problem w/negative evaluations after just a 6 games but seem to have absolutely no problem w/positive evaluations after zero games.

Although I grasp and feel your sentiment 100% and beyond, I think the phrase you're looking for is "... then reality hit" because the vibe, hope and other emotions we all get, including myself, is a bit over-sensitive and perhaps distorted in the offseason.

Get a taste of the pie though, and you realize it taste like _hit! It's why I learned to keep my comments to "on paper we are..." and "well, perhaps on paper..." and etc etc. Keep my hopes low, get disappointed a lot less.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Fair.

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: eotab
[color:#FFCC33]

We are close to being a 5-1 team, yeah yeah I know we lost. Well we got to find out how to win those games.

We are also just as close to being a 1-5 team.

Quote:

My point is I don't take satisfaction in LOSING but I do take satisfaction in knowing we are...
a. Not far off.

I've heard that before...

Quote:

b. Some key players away

How do we get these key players when our GM keeps wiffing at acquiring talent?

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

So you say this:
Quote:

So 22 games into a regime we are trying to rationalize why it would be good to blow the team up

And then you say this:

Quote:

Manziel will become our Franchise QB

22 games is not enough time to declare a coaching staff is bad, but handful of starts is enough time to crown Johnny our QB for the next decade?

Look, I'm not advocating firing anyone, but this staff makes a lot of boneheaded decisions that make me wonder if they will ever win.

Continuity of the sake of continuity isn't anymore of answer than cleaning house every year is.

Last edited by Squires; 10/21/15 06:33 PM.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Just so you know..........I don't consider you one of the blind homers who rip others for not being a homer.

We disagree on some things. We agree on other things. I never get the feeling you are biased, though. You just call it like you see it..........even if you see it wrong.

Just kidding, dawg. wink

M
Legend
Legend
M

Your comment would actually hold some water if you didn't yell at posters for judging Mingo poorly in his rookie campaign.

Tackles are tackles.
E
Legend
Legend
E
We are also just as close to being a 1-5 team.

Umm. 2-4 is close enough...I don't know what point you are trying to make except somehow unsuccessfully discredit any hope there is...lol laugh

Not far off: Don't care where you heard it - more than likely we had a regime change and started over again.

We have had the young talent for around 3 years now. More than the 13 years before.

Trusting Farmer to get the talent: Well I said personally my decision as a concerned fan...give him his 3-5 years to build the team with Pettine. We have tried the change bit...I'm saying lets stick with it. Not have patience with 16 years of mediocre but to have patience with 3-5 for the first time.

Manziel: that is my opinion, he is the only option we have remotely to be our Franchise QB, he is the only prospect with that status.

I watched him and in my opinion think he is our Franchise QB - only thing that can stop it will be Drugs/booze addiction. I'm not suppose to have an opinion? I know what I know. He's the real deal if he stays the Straight and Narrow. I'm all for taking a QB next season as I think its one of those First round QB a plenty. Manziel will be 23 and ready to start. Of course that means another 1st round pick not starting.

Gilbert...I've seen something in him. He doesn't have an attitude he is out there hustling on Special Teams returning but also in Coverage. My only guess is he is not too smart. We have other good young players that have come here.

I mean Shelton is playing good. He's a good pickup. Erving will more than likely be starting next season. We won't be scrambling and reaching.

I apologize for being a fan. You wish to cry and whine that is you choice and rite. Its not my style. It doesn't make me less angry, frustrated or anything else you all do not have a monopoly on that - just like I don't claim to have a Monopoly of Love for the Browns, I know you guys who are negative love them. I got my style you got theirs.

You all want to keep score...it doesn't make you right. Football is football, we are not far off. Deep down, I want the kid JM to start - I think we would have had at least 2 more wins...that is my opinion again.

jmho...why I put it down cause that is what it is!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think anyone actually begrudges you your opinion.

We just get frustrated with it being wrong year after year, after year, after year.

naughtydevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't think anyone actually begrudges you your opinion.

We just get frustrated with it being wrong year after year, after year, after year.

naughtydevil

rofl rofl rofl

sorry eo but that was funny. grin

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
You wish to cry and whine that is you choice and rite

Why do guys like you always resort to the "crying and whining" labels when people disagree w/you?

Do you really believe that your opinion then becomes the correct one, because no one else has any logic behind their arguments? We're just cry babies and whiners?

Pfffttttt.........that is why I can't take you seriously.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:
You wish to cry and whine that is you choice and rite

Why do guys like you always resort to the "crying and whining" labels when people disagree w/you?

Do you really believe that your opinion then becomes the correct one, because no one else has any logic behind their arguments? We're just cry babies and whiners?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

doesnt matter if you think vers does it or not. it is the truth. not saying eo in particular but some posters on this board.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
If Gilbert and Manziel played for another team like the Ravens and Steelers would be calling them "busts"
If Manziel was a "franchise" QB he wouldn't be sitting behind a journeyman with 8 teams under his belt.
how many teams could he start for now. maybe 1. ?
Justin Gilbert wasn't drafted to be a special teams body. He was drafted to start along side Joe Haden and play on a island.
Face it Farmer is a poor evalulator of talent.
I'm not impressed with Erving. Great he can play 3 spots on the o-line. I rather draft a lineman who's great at HIS position instead of serviceable at 3.
you can a find those kind of lineman after draft day.
Farmer has the worst draft record of any GM in the AFC North and maybe the AFC for that matter.
he has the Browns headed for another sub .500 finish.
thats not progress.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You are mistaking WRONG in the context of my football logic...I am not wrong to say we have the most young talent here since 1999. I am not wrong to state that we have pro bowlers in Joe T, Mack, Haden and Gipson. I am not wrong in my football and the team not being far off.

You all wish to pee on me cause you are frustrated, that is your problem to say I am wrong is just ignorant. Where did I say we would be 5-1 as a predicted some playoff team. I said and I will state it. We have a good chance of winning our division this year. Of course the Bengals have to fall apart. But I also stated we would be 3-3 or better in our division maybe for the first time to prove that we are on the way up.

You ignore all the things I say that are correct and then cause the team is losing more than winning it means all my football is wrong. Please don't debate me over ignorance.

Frustrated, I get that and even say that in my post. You think anyone positive isn't frustrated also?

Get over all your Crapola about reality and taking score on who is right and wrong. Cause your GRADING SUCKS worse than the Browns tongue

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's simple Tab.

You predict year in and year out a strong winning record.

You say that this team is a "team of destiny". You said it before this season and we're 2-4.

And you can argue we have the best talent since 1999, but our record certainly doesn't reflect that. I remember we had seven pro bowlers one year and it still didn't help.

I don't believe anyone questions that you know the game. But even you must admit that your eternal optimism has failed the test year after year.
We're not whiners or cry babies because we have a much firmer grasp on how this team will perform year after year and point out the obvious.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
You predict year in and year out a strong winning record.

Actually usually year in and year out the only ONLY PREDICTION I ever make on our win loss column is 16-0 do you think even I take me serious when I do so?

I don't predict squat and actually go out of my way to state that. that I don't do predictions....I just go over the Browns state with a positive view as well as I can knowing football. Its you guys who ASSume what I am saying and in your own minds. I had to make several corrections of MY OPINION just today. One had me stating that both Pettine and Farmer are doing GREAT when I never remotely said that. Just cause I pointed out positives and didn't state one thing saying the negatives were not there.

you guys read one sentence of mine then make up your own Beliefs of what my opinion is and it sticks in your heads. When it is not my opinion at all!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I notice you only cherry picked one of my points to address.

naughtydevil

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I notice you only cherry picked one of my points to address. naughtydevil

It was your first line...when I read stuff like that I just stop - I didnt read one word afterwards...if you are going to make up a line at least hold off till the end so I can read all your good stuff. tongue

Btw Destiny does not have a finite parameter of achievement. We both know we got to have that QB to make it so. Until then it will be in Limbo. But when I state that I mean it note I dont' follow it up with we are going to win a championship this year. When we declare Manziel to be our Franchise QB...then that is when I expect it to flourish in the Win Loss column...until then we will have these competitive close games. Going to overtime with Undefeated teams. Coming up on the south end more than north.

jmho

Last edited by eotab; 10/24/15 06:53 AM.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ddubia
I get that and agree. I was just pointing out that so many are judging 2 players after only 6 games.

Only one we can judge is Shelton. The other guy is a bench warmer. Which is exactly what you want out of a first round pick. If he never plays he's AWESOME. What we MUST have from Farmer is frist round picks that DON'T start. He's three for four in that..... Great job!

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 23 Broncos 26 Browns lose, but still show some progress (article)

Link Copied to Clipboard