Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
JC.

So Basically

1) We can all agree the earth's climate is changing, whether that be a large change or slight change, warming or cooling, it is changing.

2) We can all agree we should be good stewards of our planet, do what we can to clean the planet and the air we breathe. It is currently the only one we have to live on.

3) Whether climate change is man-made, man-contributed or just natural, has no bearing on the ability to accept #1 and #2.

We can all argue, debate, fight, kill each other over the reasons, causes and effects. But in the end, we should all be focusing on solutions that not only obtain their objective, but do so without upending our entire society abruptly, while spreading the responsibility across everyone.

That's pretty much where I'm at with the exception of realizing that mankind is easily capable of changing worldwide conditions. We have done so in the past with prior chemicals). If you look at CO2 levels and rate of decay, the news is sobering. If everyone on the planet stopped creating excess CO2 today, it would take over a century for the earth to renormalize CO2 levels. And this amount of time is moving logarithmically because the excess CO2 acts like a giant pillow: the more CO2 you have, the longer it will take to go back into the earth.

I think that's why you do have some scientists saying look we need to make drastic changes to reverse the trend. I just don't think there's anything we can do to stop whatever is going to happen, so whats the point in killing our economy and our childrens future for something that will probably happen anyway. You think China is gonna stop producing CO2 today? I sure don't.

I just don't like this concept that scientists are all of a sudden the enemy. Maybe I take it a bit more personally doing computer science, but as someone with contacts with scientists at NASA, SAIC, the Pentagon, and others, it's shameful that we've reduced these hard working people to political pundits trying to make headlines.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ahh California, the kings of not thinking things through

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: gage

I just don't like this concept that scientists are all of a sudden the enemy. ......

You can thank the media and the political system for the sensationalized tactics they use to inform us and the way they use it for political gain.

Does anyone ever notice that most things we disagree on, can almost always come back to the way way the media and our political leaders present the information. hmmm... grin

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder, gage, would you believe NASA?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...-not-shrinking/

I love the article. A NASA scientist is stating that even though the ice sheet is growing, we'll never know when warming affects will melt the ice cap.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

I love the article. A NASA scientist is stating that even though the ice sheet is growing, we'll never know when warming affects will melt the ice cap.

Since you're praising the scientists here - I wonder if any of the scientists who worked on this project believe in global warming? I bet they all do.

It might be worth reading an actual science article on the subject:

http://phys.org/news/2015-10-mass-gains-antarctic-ice-sheet.html

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 11/03/15 09:24 PM.

~Lyuokdea
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Since you're praising the scientists here - I wonder if any of the scientists who worked on this project believe in global warming? I bet they all do.

It might be worth reading an actual science article on the subject:

http://phys.org/news/2015-10-mass-gains-antarctic-ice-sheet.html

Actually, I'm joking the scientist, as he's confounded by the ice build up, and is sure it will warm up soon enough.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hey it was 76F in Uniontown OH today, so global warming is most certainly real guys! wink

I really hope these articles help curtail some of the cognitive dissonance on climate research. After all if NASA/IPCC were trying to hoax the world on climate change, why would these articles get posted by the same groups.

It's also great that the overall ice mass is growing, but the scientist in the article does show concern that we are indeed showing loss in some other areas, that are more pressing for water levels (especially because water levels are rising). If the southern pole continent isn't doing it, then it would be good to find out what is smile

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
it was 82 here yesterday. Had the motorcycle out all day running between DR offices, hospitals, and the pharmacy. Lets keep up the global warming so I can ride in January wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It was dark last night.

I was totally shocked when I woke up and it wasn't dark anymore.

I bet because it's sunny outside now we won't be seeing anymore dark. cool

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: gage
Hey it was 76F in Uniontown OH today, so global warming is most certainly real guys! wink

I really hope these articles help curtail some of the cognitive dissonance on climate research. After all if NASA/IPCC were trying to hoax the world on climate change, why would these articles get posted by the same groups.

It's also great that the overall ice mass is growing, but the scientist in the article does show concern that we are indeed showing loss in some other areas, that are more pressing for water levels (especially because water levels are rising). If the southern pole continent isn't doing it, then it would be good to find out what is smile

The sun.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/61...-sun-hibernates

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Exxon Knew About Climate Change

Link Copied to Clipboard