C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Fun.

Quote:
Browns OC John DeFilippo: it's not on me to call timeouts, not trying to pass buck, that's on HC, we were on ball, tough situation for Pett

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/672477507854204928

Legend
Legend
lol, rolled him right under that bus.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish

So is that officially three coaches taking swipes at each other? It might be four.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
not trying to pass buck, that's on HC,

That's like saying, "I'm not a snitch, he did it".

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Fun.

Quote:
Browns OC John DeFilippo: it's not on me to call timeouts, not trying to pass buck, that's on HC, we were on ball, tough situation for Pett

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/672477507854204928

WOW!

This reminds me of this meme:

1st String
1st String
I still can't believe it. Mulled around all the possible scenarios post game. What were the odds? I've seen so many pics of the offsides, the out of bounds and the block in the back, to wonder where the refs were? I can understand a missed call but three missed calls on a play with such consequences? Ahhhh...gave up. The what-ifs have been driving me crazy. Let's come back strong and whoop some tigger butt!

Never have hope. You won’t be disappointed.
Legend
Legend
The off sides pic was photoshopped, and in the oob pic, the runner's foot was actually in the air.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
It definitely looks like that was the case.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Swish

So is that officially three coaches taking swipes at each other? It might be four.

Think about how angry guys like Flip and McConnell must feel knowing that their incompetent head coach is going to get them fired and force them to move their families again. We often forget about the personal side to all of this. These guys are going to have to find new jobs, sell houses, buy new houses, uproot spouses and kids. Basically start over. Because their head coach is a moron.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
DeFilippo and O'Connell seem to be highly competent. I hope whoever the new coach is keeps both of them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And you want to keep Flip because ?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

He is a first year offensive coordinator who walked into a horrible situation. Our offense has looked very good at times. That is worth another look to me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ok , I can see that , but explain to me the running game ( lack of ) .. Attempts ( while we are still in the game ) and the play of this killer ( satire ) OL of ours . Do you expect to see some type of improvement in the last few games ? I could use some uplifting insight right about now .

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Ok , I can see that , but explain to me the running game ( lack of ) .. Attempts ( while we are still in the game ) and the play of this killer ( satire ) OL of ours . Do you expect to see some type of improvement in the last few games ? I could use some uplifting insight right about now .

I have no answer. Our offensive line and running backs have been bad, but we completely abandon the run almost every game. We did the same the one year when Norv Turner was here. I don't expect a change the last few games, if we know anything about this coaching staff it's that they're stubborn.

R
Legend
Legend
R

He is a first year offensive coordinator who walked into a horrible situation. Our offense has looked very good at times. That is worth another look to me.

Flip's offense isn't offensive. He draws up productive plays. At least pass plays.

But he's a terrible play caller. Doesn't understand momentum or situational football or establishing an identity. He outsmarts himself way too much.

However, I think he's inexperienced and has shown promise for a first time OC. I also enjoy his pressers. Him and Tabor sound intelligent. Pettine and O'Neil don't.

I think Flip has a bright future in the league, maybe even as a head coach. If he was retained I wouldn't mind, but you would hope he would learn from his mistakes this year and improve upon them in year 2. That's always a question mark. Pettine is a perfect example. He regressed in year 2 because of a big head and believing he has more power than he actually does.

Now McConnell has done an amazing job. I hope he is retained. I expect Davis to play well tomorrow.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I think Flip has a bright future in the league, maybe even as a head coach. If he was retained I wouldn't mind, but you would hope he would learn from his mistakes this year and improve upon them in year 2. That's always a question mark. Pettine is a perfect example. He regressed in year 2 because of a big head and believing he has more power than he actually does.

I bet he would look a lot better with a head coach who had a clue.

Also, it's O'Connell, not McConnell.

R
Legend
Legend
R
LOL. Why do I keep typing McConnell?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
LOL. Why do I keep typing McConnell?

McDonald's has the McRib back and you're hungry?

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Disagree w/you about Flip. He abandons the run game way too early. We don't have an identity. He tries too hard to outsmart people. We are schizophrenic on offense. Nothing to hang out hat on. The blocking schemes have digressed. Call this, call that, craziness.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Disagree w/you about Flip. He abandons the run game way too early. We don't have an identity. He tries too hard to outsmart people. We are schizophrenic on offense. Nothing to hang out hat on. The blocking schemes have digressed. Call this, call that, craziness.

Abandon the run? What RB should they featured Johnson or Crowel? I am about done with Crowel. I am not sure Johnson can stay healthy being an every down back.

It is hard understanding why so many teams struggle developing RBs. It is amazing a good RB can be obtain anywhere in the draft, which was a point you made back in May. My only theory teams must weigh usage in college before considering. Schools like Bama and Wisconsin really over use these kids. RBs are getting almost as scientific as receivers so many variables.

It is a mute point since it was never an option. I still say Gurly would have looked good in a brown and orange uniform!

V
Legend
Legend
V
This is not an insult, but we have fundamental differences about the importance of running the ball.

Apparently, you think a team should only run the ball if they have a great RB and our always posting big numbers w/most running plays.

I, on the other hand, think that you have to stick w/the run even if it is not producing big numbers. I believe this because it actually helps your passing game.

Btw bro..........it's not a "mute point." Mute means silence or something similar. It's a "moot" point, which I believe means it either is open for debate or in more recent times, it means that the point is pretty much irrelevant and/or carries very little practical importance.

If I am wrong..........I'm sure someone will correct me. If I am right, no one will say anything other than perhaps that I am an English snob and that has no place on a message board.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
blush...yep...I meant moot point...Thanks! My meaning Rams took Gurly before Browns had any opportunity. He shows flashes of Dickerson. You know RBs...fun to watch!

As for the offense, I believe in balance. I never thought possible. The 2015 run game is worst than 2013. Browns offense became one dimensional. It could be play calling or play design. Whatever it is RBs appear running into walls. You can run so many plays bailing when you fall behind.

Watching Crowel run the football you think the field is made of sand! Johnson simply can't stay healthy. He must learn how to avoid direct hits. Otherwise, he won't last long in the league.

I do think Browns have a more pressing need getting a RB over a receiver. As for fundamental difference, I do believe I'm lone wolf thinking the RB should setup the receiving game. Yep, it is not debatable...I'm old school here! But, I do understand advantages with today's game. I'm not naive thinking throwing the football is not a statistical advantage. I also believe the tide is changing where teams can build a offense around the RB. Guys like Duke Johnson...thinking Gregg Pruit...can be a player of emphasis. Defenses are over built to stop the passing game. Teams who can stay balanced will surly take advantage.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Nice post. We disagree on why the running game is failing, but I like how you presented your argument.

You're a good dude, bugs.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Nice post. We disagree on why the running game is failing, but I like how you presented your argument.

You're a good dude, bugs.

Thanks! It's fun talking football. Actually, I prefer a nice cold beer...beers...with dudes talking football.

You watching the Iowa/Mich St game? Iowa QB, Beathard, caught my interest. I suck judging QBs, but I like! I hope he stays in school one more year to fine tune.

R
Legend
Legend
R

You must have missed the part where we agreed.

I'm just willing to see if he can get better.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Ravens 33 Post Game Comments

Link Copied to Clipboard