Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Agreed. Haslam won't let that happen, the fans will be furious if that happens.

Johnny is a player and will only get better if he keeps his "stuff" together.

Sorry my aim is not to insult but the premise that we would, HASLAM would let anyone trade Manziel who is showing promise at the just turned age of 23 - trade him for a bucket of piss. IS RIDICULOUS. 5th rounder for a legitimate Franchise QB Prospect is RIDICULOUS and Perdue Chicken is BOZO....

Lest we forget one thing...possibly posters here but I can assure you HASLAM will not forget.

JOHNNY! JOHNNY!! JOHNNY!!! being chanted by the crowd like no other QB has been chorused before in this 1999 to present era!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
Except for one thing...there was no referencing of road rage - btw when was that??? or referencing the lying part. I read references to being a drunk - sleeping in class and not coming on time.

When the reality not eternal optimism, is that His car was first in the lot when coaches came to camp...his car was last to leave.

Accounts of the players to a man stating how it has been night and day on his dedication to the game and how they believe in him now.

How bout we just go with the TRUTH not this crap about 2014... tongue How bout them Apples...lol love that line.

fact... the punk had to deal with the police twice since he got out of rehab.

fact... he did not show up for weight training and pettine had to cover for him. that was right after he was demoted.

fact... he did something to in fact get demoted.

now these are only the things we know as fact.....

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Theres no way you could logically explain trading a player to a team for a 5th rounder, that two years ago wanted to use a Top 15 pick on him..

Regardless of the off the field stuff.. which IMO, I wouldn't assume Jerry Jones wouldn't mind some more stuff written about the Cowboys.. ("No publicity is bad publicity")

Especially right after he starts actually looking like he can play NFL level QB.

Thats just ridiculous.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: Stetson76
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
It's one of the reasons why he has such major problems. 22 year olds just don't have the opportunities that Manziel have to get into this kind of trouble. Saying that they don't get into the same trouble is true, but only because they can't. They do have their own troubles like Manziel does, but to a lesser extent, because Manziel has the money to get into big trouble.

I would guess that most 22 year olds, have a car, or at least drive, they can certainly get alchohol and most if not all can get other drugs if they want. There's nothing in Johnny's money outside of the label on his bottle of booze that's extraordinary it's the likelihood that someone will snap a picture of it and post it online. So no, his money doesn't make his troubles and "more" than anyone else's, his have just been going on longer because he's been enabled. This coaching staff may be the first people in his life that have called him on it and maybe it's sunk in.

Doesn't make him 4 inches taller, stronger, or more accurate, but at least he wouldn't be playig catch up on a personal AND professional front...

There are few organizations out there that care what their 22 year old employees do with their time off. As long as you show up to work on time and do your job, typically nobody cares. I personally could care less what he does with his off time as long as he performs well and continues to improve on Sunday's.

The problem is that the media and public still believe that these guys are role models when they really aren't. They are fantasy people living a fantasy life for the entertainment of the average individual. These guys are in the same realm of the pop, movie, and music stars. None of which are role models that consistently display family values as a whole. If we are dumb enough to sell righteousness to our children through these creatures of fantasy, we are a sad society.

Bottom line, I don't care about Johnny Football, the individual; I only care if he can be the answer we've desperately needed at QB.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Originally Posted By: HewDawg
Originally Posted By: Stetson76
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
It's one of the reasons why he has such major problems. 22 year olds just don't have the opportunities that Manziel have to get into this kind of trouble. Saying that they don't get into the same trouble is true, but only because they can't. They do have their own troubles like Manziel does, but to a lesser extent, because Manziel has the money to get into big trouble.

I would guess that most 22 year olds, have a car, or at least drive, they can certainly get alchohol and most if not all can get other drugs if they want. There's nothing in Johnny's money outside of the label on his bottle of booze that's extraordinary it's the likelihood that someone will snap a picture of it and post it online. So no, his money doesn't make his troubles and "more" than anyone else's, his have just been going on longer because he's been enabled. This coaching staff may be the first people in his life that have called him on it and maybe it's sunk in.

Doesn't make him 4 inches taller, stronger, or more accurate, but at least he wouldn't be playig catch up on a personal AND professional front...

There are few organizations out there that care what their 22 year old employees do with their time off. As long as you show up to work on time and do your job, typically nobody cares. I personally could care less what he does with his off time as long as he performs well and continues to improve on Sunday's.

The problem is that the media and public still believe that these guys are role models when they really aren't. They are fantasy people living a fantasy life for the entertainment of the average individual. These guys are in the same realm of the pop, movie, and music stars. None of which are role models that consistently display family values as a whole. If we are dumb enough to sell righteousness to our children through these creatures of fantasy, we are a sad society.

Bottom line, I don't care about Johnny Football, the individual; I only care if he can be the answer we've desperately needed at QB.

This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to say all along in which you said it so eloquently. These players need to stop being viewed as role models and more for what they are on the field. WHO CARES about their personal lives, I don't watch on sunday to see how his mom and dad are doing. I watch because I want the Browns to WIN! It's a business and these guys are cattle.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Right now,I would not trade Johnny for a first rounder. Why? Because we'd use it for a QB and those guys have a high bust rate and Johnny has showed he can be a good starter. Oh, and that first rounder would be used by Farmer, probably on a long-snapper.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You're funny...and thank you for proving my point. Those are the only FACTS that you wish to consider as facts you just totally ignored all the good facts...lol can't get more factual than that... rofl

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Manziel Manziel Manziel

Link Copied to Clipboard