Legend
Legend
V
LOL...............okay.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The Cowboys would want to keep Romo, but they might be willing to send us the 4th pick in exchange for Manziel and the 2nd pick.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Would you make a trade for RG3?

Analytics says: "Let's ask Dee".

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: hasugopher
The Cowboys would want to keep Romo, but they might be willing to send us the 4th pick in exchange for Manziel and the 2nd pick.

That sounds more realistic.

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S

I hope you mean our 2nd round pick, because that would be so Browns to trade Manziel and the 2nd pick in the draft for the 4th overall pick.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: sham63

I hope you mean our 2nd round pick, because that would be so Browns to trade Manziel and the 2nd pick in the draft for the 4th overall pick.

Now that's trading down in the first round! Jones would take that deal in a heartbeat.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
No offense, bro..............but I don't think there is any way that JJ will trade Romo.

Looking at the contrast between the way the team played with Romo under Center, and the way they played with anyone not names Romo under Center, I see no way they trade him.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: sham63

Sigh... look I realize that jokes usually don't convey well via typed posts but when I do make them, I try to make them as obvious as possible. Maybe I should do what others do on here and use purple font next time.

With that being said, it does convey my feelings about Manziel, and also that the Cowboys would be completely and utterly idiotic to trade Romo. In the original proposed trade, they would give up Romo to get Manziel and move up two spots in the first round. Yay? Maybe someone should post that on a Cowboys board and we'll see what the response is.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I actually just browsed around on a Cowboys board, Manziel's name came up from time to time, and I am honestly shocked at how negative the opinions of him were. Just for the sake of reference, many of the posters were fine with the idea of bringing RGIII in, but were disgusted at the thought of Manziel. There were exceptions of course.

It's kind of crazy how fast things change. A couple years ago Manziel was drafted so high largely because he was so popular, there was so much hype, he'd move tickets/luxury boxes/whatever (this is a highly debatable point but I firmly believe this factored into Haslam's decision making).

Legend
Legend
I have a few Texas friends that are Cowboy junkies.... it's my understanding that pretty much nobody wants anything to do with Manziel.

Toxic.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It makes sense-- many Cowboys fans are probably sick of the circus atmosphere themselves. It was still a little surprising reading some of the comments given that the Manziel to Dallas possibility has been floated by both Cleveland fans and national media. I don't normally lurk other teams' boards but it is interesting to get another fan base's perspective.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It hasn't just been Cleveland fans and the national media.

Jerry Jones has talked about Manziel on several occasions. I would venture to say that he is a more legitimate source than the fans on a Dallas message board.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Jerry Jones has talked about Manziel on several occasions. I would venture to say that he is a more legitimate source than the fans on a Dallas message board.

Yep Jerry loves him some JF..could you imagine the parties them 2 would throw together willynilly man Id love to attend one of those and it would give TMZ/ESPN a lifetime worth of news/gossip willynilly

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
A couple years ago Manziel was drafted so high largely because he was so popular

I thought it was because he texted the Browns and they fell for it..

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm not saying Manziel will end up in Dallas, but I think it could possibly happen.

Manziel is too big for Cleveland. He would not be too big for Dallas. They have had a ton of characters over the years who make the news for the wrong reasons. They work w/the guys. They hire people to follow them around and help them make decisions. They overlook things as long as they are performing on game day.

Jones and Dallas could live w/Johnny's escapades. They pale in comparison to guys like Irvin, TO, Hardy, Dez, Newton, etc...However, the key is being able to perform on Sundays and no one is really sure if JM can or cannot on a consistent basis.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm not saying Manziel will end up in Dallas, but I think it could possibly happen.

Manziel is too big for Cleveland. He would not be too big for Dallas. They have had a ton of characters over the years who make the news for the wrong reasons. They work w/the guys. They hire people to follow them around and help them make decisions. They overlook things as long as they are performing on game day.

Jones and Dallas could live w/Johnny's escapades. They pale in comparison to guys like Irvin, TO, Hardy, Dez, Newton, etc...However, the key is being able to perform on Sundays and no one is really sure if JM can or cannot on a consistent basis.

Oh I agree with that 100%

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Jerry Jones is also on record saying he thinks Tony Romo has 4-5 outstanding years left. Per an ESPN article December 1st 2015 (which I will not link to as per board rules, as the article contains a swear word):

"But you're asking me what I think, and I think we've got outstanding quarterbacking ahead of us for the next four or five years. That's not a downer. Will we be looking to develop and get talent behind Romo? Absolutely."

Jerry Jones says a lot of things. He has talked about the backup QB situation on the Cowboys many times this year. So if they bring in Manziel (or RG3 or whoever), it is to be a backup. Now I'm a rational person, so I think bringing in someone like Billy to be a backup QB is somewhere between an unneeded distraction and a disaster. Jerry Jones may think differently but I never said anywhere that they would not bring him in because fans on a message board don't want them!

For what it's worth, I do think those fans matter. That is, if the fans wanted to bring Billy in, it would be more likely to happen than if the fans didn't want to bring him in. Do you think that is accurate? Or do you think Jerry runs his team completely without regard for what the fans think?

V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL..........you said you were a rational person and called Manziel "Billy" in the very same sentence. rofl

I have gotten some good laughs today. Thanks guys.........laughing makes a person feel better.

Legend
Legend
No. Fuhgeddaboudit. Under no circumstances.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Uhhh, dude.... you're constantly using derogatory nicknames for tons of players. May we all now proclaim that you admit to not being rational?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
LOL..........you said you were a rational person and called Manziel "Billy" in the very same sentence. rofl

I have gotten some good laughs today. Thanks guys.........laughing makes a person feel better.

It's better to laugh than be angry. That's for sure.

I'm glad I could make you feel better.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Manziel is too big for Cleveland.

I never thought of it that way but it's true.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Would you make a trade for RG3?

Link Copied to Clipboard