Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Get the remastered GTA5. Arguably the best game on the system.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
So I should be taking the dive into the PS4 community in the next week or two. What should the first game I get be?

If you didn't own PS3, Uncharted Trilogy. That's a great deal for 30$. Plus it'll get you excited for Uncharted 4. 3 great games (1st one isn't as good as second two, but is still good)

If it doesn't have to be exclusive, I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 5, I love the game. I don't understand the story, but the missions and gameplay are phenomenal.

So far 2015 & 2016, the best games I can remember playing would be MGS5, Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Fallout 4.

Oh, and the last of us remastered was really good (at least on PS3)

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 02/06/16 12:31 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

It's all about opinion, I played GTA5, and while it was good, I wouldnt put it with the best games ive played on PS4

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

Is it just remastered, or is there anything else added?

That's an amazing game even on the ps3. Still smack dab in the middle of it too...

The Witcher seems right up my alley.

D
Dawg_LB Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Witcher is a great decision. Great gameplay, good graphics and just an awesome game.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Witcher is a great decision. Great gameplay, good graphics and just an awesome game.

I was in Ohio back in October and stopped at a buddy's place. He had it going on his XB1. The map is freaking HUGE!

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Optional first person view, MUCH higher traffic density, more people out, some added cars, radio stations, and the same game. Stop playing where you're at, and replay to the point you're at now. You won't regret it.

I'd say it's worth it. GTA5 on the older generation consoles feels like a ghost town on the virtual roads. The graphics are stellar, too.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I have MGS5 waiting in the wings. One question I've had is whether or not I need to go back and play/review the back story from the previous games.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I have a rather interesting story to share since I decided to get back into gaming a bit more and buy a retro type system (if you want to call it though), the N64. This was the first video game console I ever had and grew up playing, so to take the controller again and play the games I used to play is quite special and provides a unique nostalgia factor.

I tried to hook up the N64 on a TV that my parents had in their basement and it was a no go straight away. I later found out that this TV was actually broken. At that point I was curious and started to look on craigslist at different types of TV's and came across a 32" Sony Trinitron CRT TV for $40. I know there's some people who view this type of technology as a stigma or laugh it off but the TV looks and sounds amazing for games and DVD's. It is heavy as hell though, that was definitely fun moving up to the 2nd floor bedroom. I got a few games like 1080 Snowboarding, Episode I pod racer, and Star Wars Rouge Squadron and I was having great fun!

I am so excited and still need to get games like Zelda Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Do a barrel roll Fox.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I had one of those SOny TV's. It weighed like 200lbs. I was so glad when I replaced it with a flat screen. All the weight is in the front on those. I was always worried that it would crush my children.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I have MGS5 waiting in the wings. One question I've had is whether or not I need to go back and play/review the back story from the previous games.

I didn't. I read a quick review on who some people were, but it was no big deal.

I sort of know what's going on, but just in the now. I don't really understand the backstory. But as I said, hasn't effected my experience. It's prob my fav game of 2015/16 so far.

So, in my case, I didn't review, and I'm still loving it.

But I dunno, Witcher 3 was ridiculously good. And Bloodborne was very very well made. Extremely difficult too. That game would get the rage going in my 30 year old self. lol, my wife hated the thing because I was always screaming at the TV. She'd mock me by yelling "Run! Run!" "Die!Die!" "Live!Live!" lol, and then a bunch of obscenities

Legend
Legend
Manziel is on IR for at least 2 more weeks.

McCown is out for 4 weeks.

So Connar Shaw is my starter. I'm hanging on at 5-2. .

Somehow put up 31 on St Louis..

Still lost by 14, because Todd Fricken Gurley had 320 yards and 4TDs..

His first two carriers were 80 yard TDs..

Fun game...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
ThatGuy #1078364 02/13/16 11:58 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I'm slowly beginning to assume that Madden is never going to get any better..

I say that knowing the graphics, and physics of it are greatly improving each year..

However.. it appears to me, that the Madden team has lost all interest in Franchise mode, now referred to as Connected Career.

Franchise mode, going back to Madden 2008, had so much replay ability.. but now a days.. theres barely any..

They are way too focused on "Ultimate Team" and now have spent time make a new version of that, while I predict CCM will be the same exact thing its been for the last 3-4 years..

I'm still going to buy Madden, it just seems earlier and earlier that I put it away in favor of NCAA (14), and then eventually completely when NBA2K16 comes out..

Not sure if you have the gaming hardware still or would want to, but ESPN 2K5 is still a viable option with updated rosters on operationsports.com. I just got the most recent rosters and plan on picking up the game again for around $2.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Dawg_LB #1078455 02/14/16 02:06 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
We finally upgraded our tv after 9 years. Sam's club had a sweet deal on a 58" vizio. I just got back from a tournament in MI, so I can finally sit down and play some games on it.

we will probably look into ps4s soon

Dawg_LB #1078611 02/14/16 05:28 PM
Legend
Legend
I'm playing FIFA16 now..

the physics engine is super realistic..

Which sucks when you're playing on a crappy team and people can't hold the ball to save their lives or have terrible passes directly to the other team..

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Gaming Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard