Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
I think this proves for sure that there are few if any sacred cows on a 3-13 team Ytown.

Not that Mack or Schwartz were problems. But Whitner and Dansby were getting long in the tooth and won't be around when the team makes the turn.

Do I believe what Haslam says about being "significantly" improved next season? No, I don't see how it can happen unless we hit on most everyone in the draft and UDFA's and fill the holes. I don't care for the odds of that happening in one season.

Sure would like it to, but I don't believe it can.

The lone bright spot I see at this moment (and I reserve the right to change my mind) is Hue Jackson.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:
You're suggesting that I have akin to brain damage...and due to drugs? Simply shows how very little you know about me. I can't even conceive that someone would post that about a fellow poster...

Are you serious?

No seriously........are you serious?

E
Legend
Legend
E
And the board bully is at it again.

A new low for criticizing the use of the term "Excellent" for Schwartz. Stating this must be a sarcastic post...lol

If this is "LOW" how are your posts that criticize a poster...lower than low man, you really think your crap don't stink...smh

Cowards...used when somebody INSULTS ME on the board. nothing about football.

haters...actually I don't use that word. I'm sure in the thousands of posts I might have used it but not in the context you are using.

clueless, when somebody does not know what they are talking about I would use that word - usually while the regime is intact. Not at the end of the season.

Liars...well you are what you are. Like you lied in this post.
Biggest agenda poster on the board...I used this describing you. You fool nobody. EVERYBODY POSTING ON THIS BOARD KNOWS YOU ARE AN AGENDA POSTER! If somebody posted something you will call them a hypocrite cause they didn't love Banner...which you incorrectly did to me once.

And once again. Somebody new posted what you do not agree with and you mock him...then you what? I was just joking?
You are a Bully pure and simple.
Later.
Try sticking with Football post and stop attacking me. You will lose.

Oh and I didn't know if you hit "TAB" by mistake it submits your post...learn something new everyday!

Last edited by eotab; 04/05/16 08:58 AM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Great post, tab. thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
You're suggesting that I have akin to brain damage...and due to drugs? Simply shows how very little you know about me. I can't even conceive that someone would post that about a fellow poster...

Are you serious?

No seriously........are you serious?

I see no other conclusion that can be drawn from your post if taken at face value. Or were you simply trying to inject a little levity into the thread...you know like I attempt do occasionally (and to which you have objected)?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Legend
Legend
E
Thank you...did you "LIKE" it?

Of course you ignore your post preceding mine...lol
you just don't get it do you! Again you have some concept that you are King. You may do as you please, you Grade everyone's posts. You chastise posters for not commenting on an article and always pat yourself on the back... I, I, I...yes Vers you are great. Get over it.

lol later - just stop attacking me. That is all I ask. Post away on football. You have instigated every tit for tat we have had. Then again that is what Bullies do.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Legend
Legend
D
In my deepest, honest opinion - the only positive that'll come from this upcoming season is alot of rookies will gain real nfl experience - and the coaching staff will get a feel for working with each other and most importantly - the front office will have a year to do analytics on themselves, and patch up the loose ends.

Production, performance and etc - I wouldn't even hope for that at this stage.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well said, Dawg LB. And you're right - it will take some time. The "light" won't come on overnight...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Legend
Legend
E
Its not a bad way to look at the upcoming expectations. The first year for Personnel people and coaches is a lot about seeing who and what we got.

I think possibly, Hue's familiarity with our team dissecting us for the Divisional games is very helpful in that aspect.

Also Horton who had success has familiarity with a portion of our team on D.

But the way you are going into is very healthy...this way you will be pleased with a lot that happens above your expectations.

As long as you don't get too depressed as a fan...I think its very fair look at things.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
1st String
1st String
V
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Hard to add a comment.

The Browns won 4 games last year. They are starting over again.

They have not added talent in free agency and they lost talent off the roster.

Hue Jackson was a good hire but he faces a stiff challenge.

Improvement if it does happen will not come buckets but more like drops if at all.

At this point it is all about if they can draft well. And that is "still to be determined".

Once again this year will be "let's see what happens"?

I have no expectations.

I think you are correct on let us wait and see. I suspect there will be success, but I have to be aware that success may not come. I am excited to see what happens in this draft and how the Browns develop their young talent as it stands now. I think the F/O has a focus and mission that they will carry out come hell or high water. We know what has not worked in the past. We can only speculate on what may work in the future. Now is the time to see. I suspect that if the success does come, I see it coming more quickly than the traditional changes in the past. Go Browns.

Voleur

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
In my deepest, honest opinion - the only positive that'll come from this upcoming season is alot of rookies will gain real nfl experience - and the coaching staff will get a feel for working with each other and most importantly - the front office will have a year to do analytics on themselves, and patch up the loose ends.

Production, performance and etc - I wouldn't even hope for that at this stage.

I agree with you DLB,, sensible thinking.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
The only thing that I'm worried about not happening is the 'doing analytics on themselves' part. This regime, accurate or not, is giving off a 'smartest person in the room' vibe that makes it seem like they won't be able to objectively look back on their moves and learn from mistakes. They're a young and inexperienced FO, and not learning from mistakes will be a killer.

JMHWorry

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
I kind of think opposite. Big brains will be extremely critical of themselves and strive to patch up any exploits on a system/structure that's basically totally new to the nfl.

I actually think they may get over critical of themselves and over think things.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think they are set up expressly to objectively review themselves to learn from their mistakes. That's part of what DePodesta does as the Chief Strategy Officer. It's what he has done with every baseball team he's been with. It's part of what has made those teams successful. Doing their thing, reviewing their process, learning from their mistakes, tweaking where needed and doing it all over again, and again.

I think we're good in that regard.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Haslam Says Team Will Improve Significantly

Link Copied to Clipboard