Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Quote:
"Fortunately for me, I'm from that area, so I'll be out there anyway,'' Kessler said. "So it'll be easy for me to just go back and be able to train the whole time and probably just work out at USC also and be able to just kind of eliminate all distractions and stay focused and kind of worry about myself and get ready coming back into camp."

If only Johnny Manziel had taken this approach.. Who knows what might have been.... Geez.

And yes, he's signed

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
If only Johnny Manziel had taken this approach.. Who knows what might have been.... Geez.

And yes, he's signed

Agreed. It's hard not to root for this guy

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

And yes, he's signed

Agreed. It's hard not to root for this guy

Very hard not to. I honestly have no idea if he can be "the man" but what a great story after so many failed attempts to get a QB in the first round over the last 16 years. wouldn't that be something if he turned out to be the next Joe Montana or someone like that...would make one heck of a story.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
Well, here it is. I was bound certain RGIII would've been giving the starter title about now. The fact that it hasn't occurred makes me wonder, is Cody really excelling? Reading lot of good things here. He's obviously putting in the effort, time and dedication.

Are the other qbs holding their foot in the door opening? I can safely say, I have not a clue who is going to be the starter, coming off the mindset it was a lock for Robert.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Well, here it is. I was bound certain RGIII would've been giving the starter title about now. The fact that it hasn't occurred makes me wonder, is Cody really excelling? Reading lot of good things here. He's obviously putting in the effort, time and dedication.

Are the other qbs holding their foot in the door opening? I can safely say, I have not a clue who is going to be the starter, coming off the mindset it was a lock for Robert.

I think Hue just wants his QB's to bust their butts for the next month until training camp as if they are ALL fighting for the starting spot.. This way there will be no slack. RG3 is our starter, Hue just hasnt said it yet.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Well Pettine said we were trying to follow the Seattle model..

So we signed a FA Qb.. and now he can get beat out by a 3rd round rookie who will win us a SB.

I love it when a plan comes together..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
E
Legend
Legend
E
I was bound certain RGIII would've been giving the starter title about now. The fact that it hasn't occurred makes me wonder, is Cody really excelling?

You are basing that thought as if you were the HC...But Hue has been very specific about this. He said from day one he won't be naming anyone this soon. He has said for him there is no rush...possibly the rush is from the media or fans...but he doesn't care. I think most of the team knows he is the guy but still has to earn it which he has been and will continue as he is going to California also (but spend time with his family either before or after).

Right now the only way Kessler becomes the starter is from injuries to others. All I have heard is he is progressing like they would have liked. I don't think he would make a fool of himself if called on to start...but his time is still to come.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It seems to me that every time Hue is questioned about who the starter is going to be, that the voice asking the question is female, who I assume is MKC. If true, I don't think there is a member of the media more obsessed with "who's the starter." Sometimes I wish she would just sit back and let the process work itself out.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
If she doesn't know who the starter is, she can't write articles about how the backup is actually an Elite QB waiting to happen.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Until proved otherwise, Kessler is Colt McCoy, or Charlie Frye. (or any of a thousand other QBs Browns fans have insisted would be the long awaited answer at QB) Hopefully he can be the guy, but I just don't see much reason, beyond my respect for Hue as a QB guy, to put an ounce of hope in him. I think that he is incredibly limited from a physical aspect, and while people complain that some put too much credence on the physical side of the equation, having the physical ability to be able to make all of the throws is absolutely vital at QB.

I hope that Kessler proves me wrong, but I am not counting on that. I actually think that RG3 has a much better chance of success here, and I am not counting on his succeeding either.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M

And yes, he's signed

This is incorrect. Cody Kessler remains unsigned.

Link

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

And yes, he's signed

Link

Nah, he signed today lol.

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/s/35610/emb...151163610135799

Legend
Legend
He just signed today. yea.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

And yes, he's signed

Link

You know, I could sit here and say I told you so, but I have to be honest, I thought for sure he signed weeks ago...I was WRONG when I said he was signed..(Kinda)

So, there will be no "I TOLD YOU SO" coming from me LOL

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I have a #5 orange Browns' jersey. (from winning a club raffle - from the Jeff Garcia era).

If somehow, Kessler ever becomes a star, I'll be the first fan on my block with one.

Legend
Legend
Browns jerseys should come with velcro name plates instead of the ones that are sewn in.. so we could just buy a new $10 name plate when players come and go rather than $100 jersey.

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
Just remember it took DREW BREES 3 years to become DREW BREES wink I'll see you in 3 years on this matter grin

Have you lost every single marble you have left? You know if he does not emerge as the starter in training camp and lead us to 5 superbowl championship seasons in five years that many folks will label him as a bust.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Oops! I must have missed the breaking news on the signing.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Just remember it took DREW BREES 3 years to become DREW BREES wink I'll see you in 3 years on this matter grin

Have you lost every single marble you have left? You know if he does not emerge as the starter in training camp and lead us to 5 superbowl championship seasons in five years that many folks will label him as a bust.

On the other hand, have you lost your marbles? You know, if people don't say he is the next Drew Brees and we absolutely can trust Hue's evaluation, than folks will label us a negative and as haters.

Legend
Legend
j/c

I was stunned and disappointed when we selected Kessler in the THIRD round ... seemed idiotic to me. I still don't see him being an NFL caliber QB based on his physical skills and inconsistencies.

If Hue's able to mold him I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
My jar does look like I am missing a few

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

Wouldn't that be 5 superbowl champoinships in 4 seasons?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Looks to me like you've still got most of your marbles left, GM... nanner

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Legend
Legend
E

obviously an exaggeration to make a point.

Since only the positive people must post realistically.

I will say that there will be a few who when they name RG3 #1, and McCown #2. Will state that Kessler must be a bust cause he could not beat out McCown for the #2 QB.

I know some stated that about Manziel.

Hey its the QB position. Until we get that franchise QB there will always be emotional discussion on the QB.

jmho...My thoughts are that RG3 is the best shot of this that we have had since 1999.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
1st String
1st String
V
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Is he signed yet?

Yes he is.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season 2016 NFL Draft 3rd round pick - Cody Kessler 2.0

Link Copied to Clipboard