Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
J/c

not sure if this has been addressed already. But I hope Gordon doesn't play until the 2nd unit is in the game.

The first unit offense needs reps together.

I'm hoping for: Coleman, Pryor and Hawk/ Higgins/ Gabriel to get reps against the Bears first unit defense (whomever the bears choose to play) but would quickly get Pryor out and give those reps to the other receivers
Not too concerned about Gary, but would like to see Hamlett start and for Devalve to get reps maybe a catch or 2.

want to see the starting OL w/ Coleman or Drango

would only give Crow-Duke a handful of carries

The more I think about it, it's better for the Browns purposes for the Bears to sit their starters

B
Legend
Legend
B
I saw where Higgins is 5th on the depth chart.

I thought he was doing well?

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

Maybe drafting all those receivers wasn't such a great idea considering that guys like Hawk and Gabriel look like they are going to make the team. I can see keeping 1 of the receivers on the practice squad, but I can't see holding the three of Higgins, Louis, and Payton.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Peen, keep in mind with Gordon suspended, his spot won't count against the active day roster. I want Moore gone, but here's how opening day could be:

WR
Corey Coleman
Terrell Pryor Sr.
Andrew Hawkins
Taylor Gabriel
Rashard Higgins
Marlon Moore
Josh Gordon (suspended)

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Maybe drafting all those receivers wasn't such a great idea considering that guys like Hawk and Gabriel look like they are going to make the team. I can see keeping 1 of the receivers on the practice squad, but I can't see holding the three of Higgins, Louis, and Payton.

apparently there can be such a thing as "too many draft picks."

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

apparently there can be such a thing as "too many draft picks."

especially when we need help at DL and OL... But, maybe that will be all of next year's picks

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Can't get any worse

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
None of the rookie receivers got a lot of work during preseason.
With Coleman out and the focus on developing Pryor and Gordon the rookies were lost in the reps.
But judging by the Gribbles? unofficial stats Higgins and Louis got a lot of action in training camp.

I would guess they both make the roster and Payton goes to PS.

I hope Louis/Higgins get heavy reps vs Chicsgo.

my 6 would be: Coleman, Pryor, Moore, Louis, Higgins and either Gabriel or Prior.

Last edited by edromeo; 08/31/16 04:37 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm pretty sure pre-season depth charts are next to worthless. Kruger was listed as/was the starter for the first 3 preseason games.

Pretty sure the FO is prioritizing future value over current value, at least it seems to be that way to me. I think that gives our rookies an edge on sticking.

I do somewhat wonder if Hue knew exactly how far the FO was going to go with the lack of concern about being the best team possible this season.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Legend
Legend
T
General click

Just so the Team knows. The team has a history of getting players injured in the pre season game versus Chicago.

THEY HAVE A HECK OF A HISTORY OF GETTING PLAYERS INJURED IN THE PRE SEASON GAME VS CHICAGO.

Oh it may have been way back, maybe 15 " regimes" ago when it was Courtney Brown and Kellen Winslow types on the team, but I am talking about, since 1999.

If I recall right, the Browns once had 3 injuries on ONE SNAP!!

But Hey, "dianetics" , or "diagnostics" or "moneyball" or whatever, "value against replacement player" and all that....

Oh, and here is a thought for Coach. Me thinks the Browns could have 10 or 20 pre-season games, and they still aren't going to be any better when the regular season starts, and why?

Because, other teams, keep their team together, know how to play together, and don't blow the whole thing up every 18 months.

If I recall, eeehhh, probably ain't nobody I can think of that's with the Browns who's been there over 18 months.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I think the FO is doing both. Trying to field the best team they can and make sound personnel decisions.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: edromeo
I think the FO is doing both. Trying to field the best team they can and make sound personnel decisions.

I think they are chalking this year up as a developmental year and trying to get the young guys experience with an eye towards down the road.

I don't see anything wrong with that, though.

If they are neither in the ascending portion of their career arc or on a team friendly deal, they've been given the old "Fare thee well." Tramon is fortunate that our talent at CB seems severely lacking and we need some veteran savvy in the back end of the D.

Whitner, Dansby, and Kruger were all given walking papers, but I'd have to say they would have been amongst the top 53 on our roster as far as this season is concerned.

They aren't trying to see how few games they can win, but I don't think they are really trying to maximize wins this season.

I think Growth is the theme this season.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Legend
Legend
D
They didn't draft these guys to give them one training camp and pre-season .. The "older" guys are in trouble ...

And that's the way it should be ... If your going to re-build then burn it down and get it over with to get the best foundation u can for the re-build ...

ED - U can't try and field the best team U can while at the same time make sound personal decisions ..

Cutting Kruger was a smart personal move IMO but it did not help this years football team one little bit .. And I was never a Kruger fan .. EVER ...

So u can't do both .. There MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE .. What were doing is:

Making sound personal decisions with the long term talent being the #1 FACTOR is what we're doing ... And that's the way it should be ..

I think this FO is going to be a DISMAL FAILURE .. But IMO they are doing this the right way .. Don't agree with all there moves like giving our punter away but I can't remember the last time I agreed with everything even the ones I respect in this game do .. Who am I kidding, that's never happened ..

I have no probs with Hue playing the starters ... I'm guessing if they do well it will be a brief showing for most ... Guys like Coleman and different OL combo's need reps .. And these are reps so go ahead and give them to the guys that need them ... And run Gordon from when u put him in (not with the starters, give those reps to Coleman and the kids that will be playing the first 4 weeks .. ) until the final gun sounds ... He needs reps too and these are the last he will get for a month .. It's not a punishment at all .. He needs the work .. And Kessler being forced into action at some point would not be a real shocker to anyone ..

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
good points

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
good points

LOL.......at first glance, it looks like you are saying that to yourself.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 7 Bears 21 Hue Jackson to play Browns' starters in preseason finale

Link Copied to Clipboard