Next Thread
Print Thread
#1154607 09/13/16 09:35 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Anyone play daily fantasy or are you guys just in leagues?

I really like daily fantasy. I play 1-2 big tournaments, where I almost never win. But, I mostly play in 3 player; 10 player; 20 player; and 100 player leagues.

I prefer single entry contests.

Last year was my first year playing. I thought it was geekish, but it takes a lot of study and using math to help you is fun. I started off horribly last year, but ended up on the plus side in football. In BB, it was even worse at the beginning, but I killed it after awhile and made a substantial amount of money.

I wagered $1,300 this past weekend and won $1,865. Not bad, but not great. It was just fun. I take Eli Rodgers last night for the minimum price in a 3 player league. He kills it. Of course, so does another guy [go figure] and I ended up second and out of the money. I wish I would have taken in him in one of the larger leagues because there are multiple payouts in those leagues.

You don't have to spend as much money as I do. I started out only playing $1 and $2 leagues. They have Thurs--Mon; Sun--Mon; Sun only; Sun 1:00 only; Sun 4:00 only; Sun late through Mon, etc.

I would advise that you start off playing in 2-5 contests in all $1 or $2 leagues. Keep your total at $10 or less as you learn how to play and study.

It makes the weekend more enjoyable when factoring in how bad the freaking Browns are.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't know................I have entered 9 different line-ups in various leagues and tournaments this week. Not feeling real good about them. Hope I don't lose my ass.

I used to love week 2 when I bet on games. Easiest week of the entire year. But in daily fantasy, week 2 is pretty tough.

We'll see.

Legend
Legend
man oh man vers, I couldn't live with myself having that much money on it! i couldn't relax

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like fantasy football, but couldn't do it for money.

Too much volatility for me in the single week stuff. I like the season long format, and more just for fun.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
You can bet $1 or $2 if you want per contest. They even have leagues that are free. You just can't win anything. I like to win....HaHa.

I like the daily leagues because you can really identify weak teams and pick line-ups to exploit them.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You can bet $1 or $2 if you want per contest. They even have leagues that are free. You just can't win anything. I like to win....HaHa.

I like the daily leagues because you can really identify weak teams and pick line-ups to exploit them.

Haha well I love to win too, just couldn't afford to lose

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I might try it at some point this year though ... put 10 bucks on it or something

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Okay.........I am up $240. Still got $600 out there. I'm first in one league, but it's only for $270. Second in another and I have a chance. The other two look like losers.

I need Jordan Matthews and Alshawn Jeffries to have decent games for both leagues.

I have Philly's D in the league I'm winning, but not in the second place league. I do have Celek in that league.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I play DFS quite a bit...all three sports. Baseball is by far the toughest to determine; Basketball the easiest. Football is the most fun, IMO. Draftkings > FanDuel IMO because of the Flex postion and no kicker.

I have excel sheets combining vegas odds, the number of off. plays per game per team, defenses and average yards given up in comparison to player averages, etc. And I'll use excel solver, pivot tables, and other formulas to help with lineup structure. Saying this doesn't mean I'm wildly successful, but certain things have pointed to successful plays and I try to add wrinkles to the sheet more and more.

I'll enter a handful of lineups in big money stuff but play more double ups to keep the cash flow coming. I enjoy the contests that only offer two games althought it's frustrating when you differ from the winner by only two or three points, yet are 750 places apart....so many similar lineups.

Won more than I've lost. It's becoming addicting to a certain extent...I love the environment it creates and love competing with literally millions of people.

Regarding the Browns, Crowell is an interesting play this week. Avg over 5 yds/carry (excluding the 85 yarder) and going up against a team that has giving up a bunch of rushing TDs and yards per carry. I think Pryor will be owned more because of his performance last week but doubt he comes anywhere close to it.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Pryor went from $5,200 last week to $7,000 this week on Fan Duel. The sad thing is that I had Pryor on two teams last week and scratched him on both right before kick off.

Legend
Legend
I'm taking a break from FandDuel (because I ran out of money)

I always consider playing people, they go off and the people I did play dont..

Then the guy that wins the whole thing only does because he randomly picked a cheap guy with what he had left who just happens to have a career day..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
ThatGuy #1163386 09/27/16 09:59 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I had a rough week last week. Lost $380.

I'm down to a plus $250 for the year.

Legend
Legend
I'm the type that puts in 20$ at a time and plays maybe 5-10 a week.

Most I've ever won was 69$.

Need to get back to playing parlays. That's where I make my money.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
ThatGuy #1166756 10/03/16 08:40 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

What the heck happened to DeAndre Hopkins yesterday? I had nearly 100% exposure to him in my tournament lineups! flamingmad

Other than that, I picked some good players. Nearly 100% exposure, again, for Crowell & Melvin Gordon. Had Jordan Reed in a few games too.

Duds: Jets D, Cardinals D, Fleener, and Hopkins.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I had Hopkins in 2 leagues. frown

Tough day yesterday after absolutely killing it in 2 Mon--Thur leagues.

Some good plays were Jordan Reed, Crow, D. Murray, and Crabtree.

Some bad plays in addition to Hopkins was New England's D, Matthew Stafford [how do you struggle against the Bears?], and NOT taking Julio Jones in any contest. Freaking dumb.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Here is a recent injury update report for you daily fantasy players.

http://nesn.com/2016/10/nfl-injury-repor...-notable-stars/

B
Legend
Legend
B
Have never played. Can see how it would be fun, but would probably end up being one of the people who fund the pot for those who win. I wouldn't get very in depth on how to set my line-up and really don't even know where to start.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1189763 11/08/16 08:23 AM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
It's a lot of fun. Start small. Play in a couple of $1 leagues. Enter 3 player leagues or 10 player leagues. Maybe play one $1 Tournament, but it's really hard to win in the Tournaments because there are so many guys playing.

Then, you can PM me and I'll give you some advice on how to set lineups. Believe me..........it's extremely entertaining and makes the games more interesting.

Ballpeen #1190828 11/10/16 09:45 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Have never played. Can see how it would be fun, but would probably end up being one of the people who fund the pot for those who win. I wouldn't get very in depth on how to set my line-up and really don't even know where to start.

Yeah, there are definitely full time, professional daily fantasy sports players. If you are interested, you'll need to know the main ways to build lineups based on the type of game you're playing-- cash games or guaranteed prize pools. It is a completely different approach for both.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It's a lot of fun. Start small. Play in a couple of $1 leagues. Enter 3 player leagues or 10 player leagues. Maybe play one $1 Tournament, but it's really hard to win in the Tournaments because there are so many guys playing.

Then, you can PM me and I'll give you some advice on how to set lineups. Believe me..........it's extremely entertaining and makes the games more interesting.

I undestand the entertainment factor. I have played Fantasy in the big 3 sports for maybe 8 years now. A couple are money leagues.

Like you, I like to win some money if I am going to play. I'd probably start in $10-$20 leagues. I may pull up fan dual or something similar and check it out....something to fool around with this weekend....or do you need to get in before the stupid Thursday Night games?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1190884 11/10/16 10:55 AM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:
or do you need to get in before the stupid Thursday Night games?

No. There are a variety of leagues. They do have a Thur-Mon, but also have a Sun only; a 1:00 only; a 4:05 only; Sun-Mon Night, etc, etc. I think there are something like 8 or 9 schedules w/hundreds and hundreds of contests w/in each of them.

Oh, I am talking about FanDuel. I haven't played on Draft Kings, but it is probably similar.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
fanduel is a butt load of fun. I like the $5 plays. but if the games are good mon-thu are fun too.

and for the record draftkings ...eh not so much. similar but different. I prefer fanduel by far. when I can't make the 3 hour drive to vegas, this gets the job done for me.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101
fanduel is a butt load of fun. I like the $5 plays. but if the games are good mon-thu are fun too.

and for the record draftkings ...eh not so much. similar but different. I prefer fanduel by far. when I can't make the 3 hour drive to vegas, this gets the job done for me.

I prefer Draftkings because instead of a Kicker, you have a Flex position. I think it's much easier to project other positions than a Kicker. Also, I've found the pricing system to be better for me. The site benefits WR as you get one point for receptions, thus projecting WR (and certain RBs) targets can really benefit from a scoring perspective.

Tackles are tackles.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Daily Fantasy

Link Copied to Clipboard