Print Thread
#1174858 10/17/16 09:15 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I will try my best as I'm still taking Oxisomething. Been in the Hospital for last 6 weeks including rehab facility.

Anyways. The young kids still are impressive to me over all. But too many of them are asked to start or play an extensive role. Lets start with Kessler.

His arm look like it took a hit as there was less zip on his ball from past games (not that he has a gun to begin with). I thought he started focusing on Pryor too much although I cannot really blame him. But our Seam routes were there for Barnidge which we did on our first play??? and then that was it.

As the game wore on yes he got hit a lot but he cannot just stand or take off from the pocket after 3-4 seconds of clean time. His decision process took a hit I thought as he seemed to hold onto the ball too long.

Louis the Rookie #80 could be another weapon if he CAN CATCH THE FREAKING BALL. I would like to see more of Higgins and Payton. Man if we had a real QB out there making quick decisions...we would be dangerous.

This should have been our 4th win.
Ravens...driving for the winning TD and hitting Pryor on the 10 only to have a Bogus Taunting Call made. Bogus not my words but every analyst who showed the tape. Just a ridiculous call made by the back judge not the Ref right there that Pryor was flipping the ball to but he didn't pay attention and try to catch it and it fell on the defender on the ground.
Miami...Friday we get a new FG kicker and he goes and blows 3 easy FG from less then 45 yards out...Three and we lose in overtime.
Redskins...We had the lead and a 4th quarter meltdown but right in the middle of it probably the most erroneous call ever by a ref. Duke is standing there with the ball...totally ignored by the ref who is clearing the pile to see who has the ball on the bottom...he gets to the bottom and somehow sees an imaginary ball there still ignoring Duke who has the ball outstretched in hand...Redskins ball??? HUH and totally broke our back and helped the fold we made.

And yesterday with terrible field position all day and if we made strides to get out of it we had some call or another made against us only to keep us deep.

I thought our Defense 7 played well. I don't know who some of these DL are but they did their jobs.
Those who were calling out Shelton I hope have changed their complaints...the kid is playing OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL.
Also I think Kirksey is a Beast...excellent explosion and has been making plays all day.
The long play killed us - Mariota's run and some circus diving catches on poorly thrown long balls. We have to build our DB situation (especially CB) in the draft next year. We got young UDFA out there it seems and that is where we are getting killed at. A little more pressure would be nice also. But the Run D everyone was afraid of has been very good of late. Don't know about stats showing it or not but the Run D has been excellent. Pass D has hurt us.

With our Rookie QB they are stacking the box and attacking the LOS with Run Blitzes but if a pass continue in with good pressure. I think the OL has picked up the blitzes well but Mental panic in Kessler and most rookies takes over.
Possibly Kessler's football mind has hurt him as we have expanded the playbook for him. We should keep it Simple and Quick. Maybe when Coleman comes back...man he looked good the last couple of games before the injury.
Pryor...an amazing find...can't believe we released him for a week and nobody jumped on him. And I think he will just get better! Sign that kid up long term!

Well hopefully I will get more technical on things I saw right now its a bit foggy. Losing Bitonio really hurt. I think we had Drango at LG??? I know Erving got blown back on One play and one of the few Immediate in your face pass rushes.

Pastor I'm sorry sucks for the most part. This kid Coleman better step up soon! Although he was not a top 50 pick he has that potential but potential is HOPE we need Real Football play.

Whatever happened to Scooby Doo? I haven't seen him out there.

I like Duke for punt returns.

Speaking of which he had that one long return. They threw the flag and we were inside our 10...instead of in their territory...that might have been the game right there. They showed a replay and for the life of me...I couldn't see any infraction nor could the Announcers pin point one. Was that another Bogus Phantom call against us?

Later guys. I do miss most of the posters on this board. But it seemed to have been overrun by the negative tone...Yes we are not winning games and are 0-6 but these games have been winnable and the talking heads will say we are terrible but for the life of me when I watch us play...we are not as terrible and talentless as they say...yeah we are playing a 3rd round rookie not going to win many games with that. Dak has been the exception not the rule.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
Welcome back eo! I was wondering where you were and hoping everything was ok with you. What a relief to see "What I saw" in the topics, i've been watching for it since the season began. welcome back!!!

Legend
Legend
welcome back eo ... glad to see it bud

I saw a run defense that is much improved.

I saw a secondary that is abysmal in coverage.

I saw a 2nd year center who has no business being on the field.

I saw a 1st year QB who is an adequate backup-type player. And that's way more than I thought he'd be.

I saw Shelton continue to have nice games.

I saw Tramon Williams continue to get targeted.

I saw Joe Haden on the sidelines.

I saw Tennessee doing everything it could to disrupt the run game.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
On WKNR they are questioning Hayden heart, seems he is milking bumps and dings and not playing, I like Joe but as a corner you fall off the map quick, Revis same thing.

Legend
Legend
it does seem like Haden is constantly out. But is he injured or just hurting

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
they are questioning Hayden heart

Who?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Who?
I think he meant the people on KNR

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
EO...good to see you back..I thought you got an extended "time out"..lol.. grin

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I saw a totally inept football team in the third quarter = another loss

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Who?

It was the Really Big Show and it was more in the context of his confidence. Jerod Cherry postulated that Joe doesn't want to get out there even with a minor injury because his confidence is hurting. Needs to be at a perfect 100% to feel like he'll play well.

Those guys say a ton of stupid stuff but this actually made a lot of sense.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Who?

It was the Really Big Show and it was more in the context of his confidence. Jerod Cherry postulated that Joe doesn't want to get out there even with a minor injury because his confidence is hurting. Needs to be at a perfect 100% to feel like he'll play well.

Yeah, I can see that. He's very sensitive and into his reputation from what I gather.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Great to see and read your posts again Eo.

I saw some of the most frustrating coaching I have seen so far. I while I am still all in on Hue - some of the stuff is getting frustrating. I wonder if he is spending a bit too much time trying to be creative and "out of the box" and it's leaving room for way too many issues on some of the basics. We've seen too many plays where we are trying to be too cute right back to the first game and the fake punt .... and none of it has worked yet. . . Until teams truly respect the team, I see these cute plays as having significant less chance to succeed. . . . Point in case - the 2 point call. Wait till the play is to tie the game. Who knows - maybe the refs are more likely to give the Browns a 50-50 call if it means a tied game... maybe the pressure gets to their D. Maybe you get more effort from our players. . . . we would of had so much momentum with a recovered onside kick and a play to tie the game. The decision was chronically bad.

I saw a 3rd round rookie QB play well. Kessler continues to impress me - toughness, accurate on the run and lots of moxy. . . . The game does not seem to be too big for him. He's still outperforming my expectations given what he did in preseason and how bad this team is. When Coleman is back - it will be very interesting to see how much better the 'O' and Kessler look.

I saw a defense seemed to shut down the run in the first 1/3 of the game (Mariota's 48 yard run not withstanding) ..... disappointing that we didn't carry that effort all the way through the game but also encouraging. . . . .But MAN we can't get pressure on the QB, and it's frustrating. . . Given how poor our safeties are, allowing the QB so much time is always going to result in completed passes.

I saw Robiskie call a nice game for the Titans.

I saw too many dumb penalties.

I saw a team that doesn't feel that it's that far away from winning (against other below average teams), but getting that first win just seems so flipping elusive.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Maybe that's the problem. Were weeding out the "weak", wonder if he's part of the problem and not the solution?

It's hard to build winners out of the weak. If he is that unsure of himself maybe we do have to look else where.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Who?

Jim Donovan (on the RBS) made the comments about Haden not playing in games following a game he gets torched, so to speak. I believe he said Haden has only played in 7 of the last 22 games.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Welcome back, tab, hope you're feeling better.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
B
All Pro
All Pro
B

Who?

I think he was asking who this Hayden Heart guy is.

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
gosh I missed EO's what I saw posts!!

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
First, I am thrilled to see EO and his What I saw Thread back.

Scond, hope you get well, and be careful with those "oxysomethings"

I do think Kessler holds the ball a bit too long, but who knows if that is his fault, or the receivers fault?

I know it is weird to say this about an 0 and 6 team, but I am actually liking what I am seeing

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good to see you back, 'tab.

We need an eraser on the back end. We don't have anything close to one now. We might miss Gipson more than both OL added together.

I don't really want Malik Hooker to leave OSU early, but he's just the kind of player our defense needs.

Watching the Eagles, Malcolm Jenkins being behind them lets the CBs play a lot more aggressive. When our CBs are aggressive, we end up with stuff like the Kendall Wright TD. I hope Kindred and Campbell can improve their coverage with experience, but I don't think they'll ever be above average in that area.

LeBeau and Casey were a tough welcome back for Cam Erving. Hopefully he looks better next week because that was not a good showing. I haven't completely given up hope for him yet, but that was not encouraging. Things could click for him, but it is looking too fast for him right now.

We have a lot of young players that need more reps. Maybe throwing everything at them early will pay dividends later, but our situation as a team is/was definitely not ideal. We've got basically 5 rookie starters and a dozen or so playing a lot of snaps.

We're kind of seeing why a college team vs. a pro team would generally not end well.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
nice to see eo back

i seen a `hoyer pass` by kessler. ran to his left and threw wide right. kinda laughed at that one.

we keep giving big plays. it looks like we are playing a bunch of rookies. secondary is hardest to get fixed and it shows. maybe we should do what seattle does and play cover 3 the whole game. at least they could master something.

there is some sort of hope with this team. i see touchdowns instead of fgs. the first half of games are pretty fun to watch

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
welcome back hope your feeling o.k.
1 saw shelton get blocked in the back that lead to a 40 yard completion.
2 saw are 2nd round pick get a sack.
Kessler out played Wentz this week.
offensive line you have to block better when there is a run called.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Tab glad you are back, I Love ya man, but you know that.

At some point I will write a novel about this team, but I like this team I love the coaching staff. Its hard for me to believe that I am saying that about a 0 for team but this team will be great if given time.

Novel to follow...

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Oh and I have to say this I think Danny Shelton is nearly if not the best NT in the NFL this kid is headed for greatness.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I saw too many brown's players,both offense and defense,on the ground.
The titans o-line beat up the front 7.
The titans front 7 beat up the browns o-line.
Had not the Titans began removing their tape so early,the score would have been as embarrassing as the browns play.
This was a "welcome to the NFL rook" game.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Rizzo and Hammer even T Grossi , they were discussing post game on Sunday , they were players banged up playing and Hayden basically said he was not ready and the coaching staff and players though would not say anything there is vibe that he could have played and is " milking " bump and bruises. I said before corners get old fast the past couple seasons ( I know he has had injuries) but his skills have eroded and he gets beat often by avgerage WR's

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't think Haden was the difference between us winning and losing. On the one hand you'd like to see him play if he could, but on the other if it's something that is bothering him and it isn't getting better we're not going to the playoffs this season anyway. I think Joe's still young enough that age shouldn't be a factor, but injuries could be.

Rizzo, Hammer, and Grossi are reporting vibes now, though? When you're 0-6 what vibe do you expect post-game? I think they're just throwing stuff out and seeing what sticks.

Reporting/the media is such a mess now. There is so little accountability.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: eotab

This should have been our 4th win.

The team is what it is. "Should have" thinking loses in any business.

Legend
Legend
Welcome back.

thumbsup 10-6 enjoy the ride.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Welcome back.

thumbsup 10-6 enjoy the ride.
According to some vegas odds, we're like an astronomical choice to win the super bowl ... better bank in on it

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Hey tab! Great to see you back!

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
j/c...Computer is down stairs and I don't get down here often.
Joe Haden has a pulled Groin muscle that is a serious injury as you can feel fully recovered and then when you go into 2nd or 3rd gear...poof back to square one with the pull.

There were some guys on that DL I never heard of before. But they did pretty good for No Names.

Kicker looks much much more confident than his first game....ahhh that still hurts! Don't know if Oxi takes that pain away...lol

Won't get hooked I hold out as long as I can. When pain mostly two places...Right leg left Ankle bone that sticks out...had a Staple there and although infection free hurts.

When taking the vein from my calf to use for a bypass in the thigh they compromised a tendon on the right side of the leg...was treated with Anti Biotics as they first feared it to be infection but it wasn't...almost 90% of my pain is from that. other than that just some discomfort. Not pain.

So when both those areas heal...I'm off the Oxistuff.

In the mean time. Another UDFA Rookie will be starting for us at Free Safety, Howard.

I'm hoping Nassib is all healthy again. He didn't have a productive day but is a good player. Two rookie OLB, our veteran of one year service Shelton does excellent work.

Did Crowell make one cut back run in the Titan game?

Hehehe...I swayed a young Jet fan who said he couldn't take it anymore and was ready to switch teams...convinced him to become a Browns fan...lol laugh

Anyways...sorry tired and going back upstairs.

Take care...Man it would be great to beat the Bengals!!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 26 Titans 28 What I Saw vs. Titans

Link Copied to Clipboard