Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
in other words, the D did the job ... the O was an atrocity

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
- Jamie Collins called it a year after about 2 weeks with this team. He's just playing out the year to move on.

https://twitter.com/SgtFootball/status/802957867968040961

WOW .... thats INEXCUSIBLE ... WOW ... my jaw dropped ...

Now we have another piece to the puzzle as to why Billicheck let him go ..

WOW ...

It's a camera angle thing. The first angle makes it look like he could have reached his arm out and knocked OBJ outta bounds. But look at the next replay, (it's from a different angle), and you can see Collins is 5-6 yards away when OBJ is at the 5-yard line. That's when Collins pulled up.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Ddub ... once he started pursuing, he never ran hard ... EVER ... unless he's way slower than he appears on other plays ...

This isn't a last 5 yards thing for me ... its the 10 - 15 yards before that ... and one point it looked like he was almost trying to make sure he didn't cut back inside ... i had to re-watch it 4 times just to make sure .. *L* ...

Sorry bro .. your looking for excuses when there is none .. dude half assed it ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
He's fast. Well, when he wants to be.

I mentioned that he had a poor game in my first post on this thread.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: eotab
Collins looks disinterested out there. Wonder if we have a shot to retain him?

This would be such a Cleveland Browns thing to do. Sign a guy to a big contract who is disinterested and just collecting checks.

I'd be very leery of being the team to sign him to the big contract. Seems like a guy looking for a payday and not much else. It could be surmised Belichik saw this too.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Sorry bro .. your looking for excuses when there is none .. dude half assed it ...

Not looking for excuses. The only replay I saw was the one posted in the link. During the live action I didn't even notice him.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ddubia

Not looking for excuses. The only replay I saw was the one posted in the link. During the live action I didn't even notice him.

I noticed it before it was put on twitter.

I'll reserve my final judgment of Collins til the end of the season, but not a good look.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

OBJ is crazy fast. I don't think Collins would have caught him if he'd had a jet pack strapped on. Once he's past you, an LB isn't going to catch him. Not a good look, but don't think it would have made a difference if he'd been running a 40 yard dash. Cursing and pulling up when you see that 13 behind you is a pretty natural reaction.

It's basically what I did when watching it.

I'm not trying to excuse it, but it is one play in isolation. How will he respond against the Bengals? (I guess we have a bye this week-finally)

We actually had about 6 minutes more time of possession which somewhat surprised me. The Turnovers killed us though. McCown and Hogan may have been hanging out too much recently. Josh's throwing motion has been ugly. Not only does dropping it that low open it up more to being stripped, it gives defenders more time to react.

A few young guys showed flashes on D; Nassib, Ogbah, Boddy-Calhoun, Shelton, Kirksey, and Lemonier all made some plays.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: eotab
Collins looks disinterested out there. Wonder if we have a shot to retain him?

This would be such a Cleveland Browns thing to do. Sign a guy to a big contract who is disinterested and just collecting checks.

I'd be very leery of being the team to sign him to the big contract. Seems like a guy looking for a payday and not much else. It could be surmised Belichik saw this too.

You all forget Winning is the cure all. If he does sign here its cause he wants to play football. If he is disinterested he simply will not sign here. We have been good not to make stupid contracts. We have made contracts just a tad better than others...but several players have chosen to sign elsewhere.

I do wish him signed if he will play all out. We don't have impact like that on the D...well I think Kirksey is getting there but Collins had mad skills. If he doesn't want to play/play here...then of course I don't wish him here. But I cannot ASSume that as I am not one on one with him to get a pure read. As I said it seemed that he was disinterested on some plays. Operative word is "SEEM" I cannot say for sure...if I was at practice coaching the team, I WOULD KNOW!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
if i was collins i might dog some plays. going from a superbowl team to a winless team might cause a relax and hope for a better team to pick him up.

i am a browns fan. it just seems we are pretty far from being competitive. him being traded here might be a punishment from billy bob.

Last edited by lionchamp29; 11/30/16 07:37 AM.

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
My 13 year old son doesn't want to go either - they are losing the young fan base which is likely the scariest for the FO.

This is one of the biggest problems with "the plan."

You guys are about 10 years too late to that party.
The younger generations of Brown's fans do not exist.
Oh,and to Turk,to Haslem a paid seat is a paid seat.To him,they are all green.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie
Quote:
My 13 year old son doesn't want to go either - they are losing the young fan base which is likely the scariest for the FO.

I have encouraged my 18 year old 12th grader to follow the teams he is interested in. He and his friends follow the CAVs and Indians, and are extremely apathetic about the Browns. So I agree that the Browns have lost many of the younger fans

#gmstrong
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Young Browns fans who grew up south of SR 30 are an endangered species.

Legend
Legend
I was 13 in 99.

Searching for a team to root for.

Horrible timing.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: lionchamp29
if i was collins i might dog some plays. going from a superbowl team to a winless team might cause a relax and hope for a better team to pick him up.

It may be much simpler than that. When Collins came here, he was a half season away from a HUGE contract in the FA/RFA. Now we're all Browns fans so we look at things from a fans perspective, and that's fine.

However, if you were looking at it from a business perspective as a player, you might wonder why you would risk your health and millions of dollars in contract money by going all out and risking a major injury on a winless team.

What is there to risk such an injury for? A playoff spot? No. Pad your personal stats for a few more millions while risking far more millions via serious injury? No.

From a fans perspective this sounds terrible, but from a players standpoint it seems very logical. So he may not really be trying to get out of Cleveland nearly as much as he wants to help secure his future contract.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Start winning and they will flock back.
Keep losing and nobody will notice.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Color me crazy but "a paid seat is a paid" to every owner right? not just the Browns.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
V
Legend
Legend
V
So, you are saying that Haslam doesn't care about Brown's fans not attending games?

Seriously?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Color me crazy but "a paid seat is a paid" to every owner right? not just the Browns.

how is that not saying he does not care? lol I'm saying all owner care you silly willy

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
like you tell me time and time again...

reading comp. is your friend.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
"a paid seat is a paid"

sorry meant to say

"a paid seat is a paid seat"....maybe that threw you off....sorry bro.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
A paid seat with nobody in it means they already paid but are too disinterested to show up. To any owner that can be concerning.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
lol I realize that. The only thing I am saying is that, every owner values the ticket sales. it's not just a green seat to the Browns owner. every owner values that sale. that's all i'm saying.

Legend
Legend
it's not just the empty seats, it's the empty seats COMBINED with the occupied seats of OTHER TEAM'S FANS.

The Dallas, NE, NYG, and Pitt games were like home games

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
since 1999 this is what this team as evolved into. and people still shell out hard earned money to see a minor league team at major league prices. it's baffling.

Also known as desperate for anything that resembles an NFL caliber team. People will spend ALL kinds of money on that. Does it make sense? Nope.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
it's not just the empty seats, it's the empty seats COMBINED with the occupied seats of OTHER TEAM'S FANS.

The Dallas, NE, NYG, and Pitt games were like home games

I love it. More empty seats AND more opposing teams fans in the seats. Suck it Haslam! LOL

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ddubia
A paid seat with nobody in it means they already paid but are too disinterested to show up. To any owner that can be concerning.

Not to Haslam. He got his ticket sale. He should be embarrassed beyond belief as to what this franchise has devolved into. He's laughing all the way to the bank. No real clue. No patience. Just stockpiling cash. No one to blame but the desperate fans who continue to support this pile of garbage. And so it goes. I'm very happy to not support them financially. Haslam can suck it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back Browns 13 Giants 27 Post game thoughts.

Link Copied to Clipboard