Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
farts are not racist

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Warning to all races, ages, and sexes: GMs farts do not discriminate.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I guess burning flags is better than burning down buildings, which is what protesters have been doing lately.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Warning to all races, ages, and sexes: GMs farts do not discriminate.

Damn skippy smile

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2897687

A Muslim off-duty NYPD officer, hailed by the mayor as a hero, and her 16-year-old son became the city’s latest hate crime victims Saturday when a bigot in Brooklyn yelled at them to “go back to your country,” police sources said.

Officer Aml Elsokary, who was off duty and wearing her hijab, dropped off her 16-year-old on Ridge Blvd. and 67th St. in Bay Ridge just before 6 p.m., the sources said.

After parking her car, she returned to the scene to find her son being shoved by the suspect, a white man in his 30s.

When the officer — a native New Yorker — approached, the man said, “ISIS (expletive), I will cut your throat, go back to your country!”

----

Blue Lives Matta right?

Legend
Legend
Did she arrest him for assaulting her son?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I hope she choke slammed that punk.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
That's absolutely uncalled for.

There is a huge difference between wanting to carefully look at those we allow into our country from troubled parts of the world, and abusing people who are here. There is no excuse for doing what this man did.

It's a shame that kind of stuff happens in ...... liberal New York City, where they voted for Clinton over Trump by a very wide margin. (I heard it was something like 4-1, but I have not bothered to look it up)

Anyway, my not so subtle dig aside, wink this kind of stuff is inexcusable.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
Joe Friday, best TV rants, ever!

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Oh no no no. The best rants still belong to Archie Bunker.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
farts are not racist

Correct.

They are 'equal opportunity offenders'...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
But he just did. and it is his Right to say it.

Then allow me to restate... You cannot say it and have it make sense.

It actually makes perfect sense and I explained why..just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, by the same token everything that you do has consequences, the severity of those consequences vary on the degree of offense. But fighting for someone's rights to oppress infringement regardless of whether or not you agree with the right doesn't have anything to do with whether or not they SHOULD. They are mutually exclusive

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Quote:
There is a huge difference between wanting to carefully look at those we allow into our country from troubled parts of the world, and abusing people who are here.

Built on Trump's rhetoric. Expect growing numbers of this type violence against minorities.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Quote:
It actually makes perfect sense and I explained why..just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, by the same token everything that you do has consequences, the severity of those consequences vary on the degree of offense. But fighting for someone's rights to oppress infringement regardless of whether or not you agree with the right doesn't have anything to do with whether or not they SHOULD. They are mutually exclusive

I get that. You kicking somebodies ass because they burned their own flag is not a justifiable consequence... and that is what you said you would do.

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

I get that. You kicking somebodies ass because they burned their own flag is not a justifiable consequence... and that is what you said you would do.
whether or not it's justifiable or not is a matter of perception. Maybe not for everyone, but as I've said before, the flag means a little bit more once you've taken a bullet protecting what it represents. They can burn their own flag all they want, hell i'll give them props for having their own flag..just not the flag of my country ..lol, i know what you meant

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Quote:
whether or not it's justifiable or not is a matter of perception.

No, it's a matter of law.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well, he can break any law he chooses because of his "feelings" and this is Murica!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Well, he can break any law he chooses because of his "feelings" and this is Murica!

Correct.

And if burning the flag becomes illegal, one is still free to burn it.

Freedom of speech. I, you, or anyone else, has the freedom to say what they want. In some situations, it causes consequences. (yelling "fire" in a theater is a classic example).

Legend
Legend
Quote:
And if burning the flag becomes illegal, one is still free to burn it.

No, you are NOT still free to do it. It would be a crime. You can do it, but it is illegal so if you get caught you will be punished. That is the very opposite of being free to do something.

When you are FREE to do something, means the government can't arrest or fine you for doing it.

For example....
Quote:
Freedom of speech. I, you, or anyone else, has the freedom to say what they want. In some situations, it causes consequences. (yelling "fire" in a theater is a classic example).

That is a classic example of something you are NOT free to do.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
And I do believe I said "IF it becomes illegal.......you are still free to do it." It's just that there would be consequences.

Please note: No where have I said it should be illegal.

Legend
Legend
Then you are free to do certain things that are not advisable to do, like burning that flag in front of a biker bar.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
And I do believe I said "IF it becomes illegal.......you are still free to do it." It's just that there would be consequences.

I know what you said, the IF doesn't matter... you are not free to do illegal things.. that's pretty much the definition.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A

I know what you said, the IF doesn't matter... you are not free to do illegal things.. that's pretty much the definition.

I don't know where the misconnect is coming from.

I said IF it becomes illegal. Not that it IS illegal.

And, you ARE free to do illegal things. When caught, you should suffer the consequences.

Illegal immigrants ............by DEFINITION, are illegal. Yet we have people saying just leave them alone.

Regardless, flag burning is not illegal as of now. IF it becomes illegal, people are still free to burn it. But they should suffer the consequences, IF it becomes illegal.

It really can't be that hard to understand, can it?

Last edited by archbolddawg; 12/06/16 08:00 PM.
A
Legend
Legend
A

Speeding is illegal. you are free to do it. If caught, you pay the consequence, right?

Legend
Legend
Your argument is "Yeah, it's illegal, but you're still FREE to do it".

That's not much of an argument. Murder is illegal, but you're still technically free to do that too. North Korea could claim to be a free country with those kinds of parameters.

Legend
Legend

Speeding is illegal. you are free to do it. If caught, you pay the consequence, right?

Maybe we are arguing over semantics, I don't know... my definition of "free to do something" means you can do it without fear of punishment.. this is different than being capable of doing something if you can get away with it.

To use your speeding analogy, in a 70 mph zone, you are free to drive 70 mph with no fear of punishment, you are capable of driving 85 mph but will be punished if you get caught...

yebat' Putin
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Donald Trump: Flag burning should be illegal

Link Copied to Clipboard