Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The problem is that the talent that FO provided the said coaches is beyond inferior. Blaming coaches, firing coaches, and giving a free pass to those who provided the talent is ignorant.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
Vers is hung up on "final say".

No, Vers is not hung up on the final say. Vers actually thinks some posters are pretending to understand the dynamics of how the football decisions are made. Vers thinks that none of you are in there w/the FO and not privy to the actual workings of the FO.

Vers also thinks that last year's first go around didn't work so well. They lost quality players in free agency; didn't sign any quality free agents; and had a disappointing draft other than Ogbah.

Vers is more about results than blind faith. Vers quit believing in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy long, long ago.

You are a funny, smart guy. That is why I like you, but you are hung up on final say. You keep bringing it up.

We don't lack football experience.

You may not like them......cool, I have no problem with that.

Coleman looks to be pretty darn good at RT. I saw him pancake a few on plays.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Coaches getting fired by who...or should I say Hue...lol laugh

Sometimes when a new coach is hired he doesn't get his perfect coach for a D or an O (Hue is O centered so it is the D)

There were rumblings about Horton being fired eventually during the season. Thought that would be coming from Haslam...but he supported this Staff and FO completely. It was Hue who made the fire apparently. I wanted continuity for sure...but I always will give the HC his rule over the staff and who should come and go.

jmho - I know BTTB is very happy about this... laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
How many times did you get the feeling with Hue on the sidelines that when he was shaking his head, he was going to point his finger up at the box horton was in and bring it down to the ground, as in, get your butt down here now. I don't think Hue had been very happy with Horton almost all year long.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: bleednbrown
How many times did you get the feeling with Hue on the sidelines that when he was shaking his head, he was going to point his finger up at the box horton was in and bring it down to the ground, as in, get your butt down here now. I don't think Hue had been very happy with Horton almost all year long.

I felt that way every time our D struggled...I HATED that Horton was in the box upstairs...hated it. If the D system and players were established, that's one thing...but we were not that.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't like the idea of the DC being on the sidelines. I think it is important for the DC to have a good view of what the offense is doing and how the defense is reacting. I think it is way too hard to see the spacing, alignments, depth, etc from the field.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I don't like the idea of the DC being on the sidelines. I think it is important for the DC to have a good view of what the offense is doing and how the defense is reacting. I think it is way too hard to see the spacing, alignments, depth, etc from the field.

That makes perfect sense to me. Yet I see gurus like Wade Wilson and Dick LeBeau on the sidelines of really good defenses.

It would seem to be a matter of preference and not necessarily the solution or the problem.

I would think that the DC would need a strong assistant(s) on the sideline if he prefers to be in the booth.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
or a good MLB
getting everybody on the field in the right position maybe ?

tradition can only carry you so far, then you have to start winning again.
Legend
Legend
Jc

Man, guys. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but if the FO decides to trade back again, I dunno.

Right now we are in perfect position to grab some real playmakers with our first 4 picks. I'm really tired of the "acquire assets" strategy. It's just not working.

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:
Right now we are in pervert position to grab some real playmakers

Okay, that really did make me laugh out loud! rofl

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yea I tried to change that right quick lmao

β€œTo announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

That's the Clemson defense.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
Right now we are in perfect position to grab some real playmakers with our first 4 picks. I'm really tired of the "acquire assets" strategy. It's just not working.

It's been one season.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

It's been one season.

We've been acquiring picks since heckert

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C

It's been one season.

Is it the acquiring of the picks that is a bad strategy or the actual picking of players?

Legend
Legend

It's been one season.

Is it the acquiring of the picks that is a bad strategy or the actual picking of players?

If becomes a bad strategy if you have a hard time picking players.

How many bums did we pick that aren't even on the team anymore just off that Julio Jones trade.

still makes me sick.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C

It's been one season.

If becomes a bad strategy if you have a hard time picking players.

The team is not cursed. Better picks can be made. We have just made horrible picks.

Make the right picks and the trades look great.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Knox, I got my first-ever Strat in 2015, & I love it!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Not sure what you're responding to, but my darling wife bought me a Strat for Christmas. Still trying to get my decrepit fingers to do what my brain is telling them, lol. I haven't played in years.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Not sure what you're responding to, but my darling wife bought me a Strat for Christmas. Still trying to get my decrepit fingers to do what my brain is telling them, lol. I haven't played in years.

Knox is a guitar player who doesn't post a lot.
Keep playing the Stratocaster and hug your wife often!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
hi lampy
glad you finally got one. they're a different animal for sure.

tradition can only carry you so far, then you have to start winning again.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Coaches to Push Owner Jimmy Haslam for Front Office Changes

Link Copied to Clipboard