Legend
V
Nah.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
rofl

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Just a final thought, I want this franchise to get into the habit of drafting a WR every year. It doesn't have to be a high pick. However, look at the receiving options all of these teams had today. I'd draft 2 this year somewhere in rounds 4-6. Packers, Falcons, Patriots, and Steelers all do this.

Legend
Legend
New England vs Atlanta. Should be fun and high scoring

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Is Brady the GOAT? If he wins, yes.

7 super bowl appearances and a chance to win his 5th.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92

I heard on the radio that he's participated in 15% of the Super Bowls. Lol crazy

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Hogan was below average at best with the Bills , now he is a weapon with the Pats.

Legend
Legend
I wish they were playing for the Browns, but at least a number of X Browns will be in the Superbowl

Mack
Gabrial
Sheard
Mingo

And isn't Dion Lewis another one?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Sheard is a JAG.

Legend
Legend
New England is just a horrible matchup for Pittsburgh.

The Steelers play almost exclusively zone and don't have the talent at the back end to play man to man. They don't have one dominant pass rusher and just have a few "decent ones" like Harrison (the ageless wonder) and Dupree. They can't really get to the QB without sending a blitz from somewhere, can't get pressure with just 3 guys, and when you play zone that's like asking Tom Brady to destroy you, which he did yesterday. If they don't address their pass rush and get more elite talent in the secondary, they won't make the next stride.

Also, despite their run game and Big Ben/Antonio Brown, there was something missing from their entire offense most of the year. I mean, we're talking about a team that beat KC by kicking 6 field goals. They are missing viable Red Zone threats from the TE and WR positions and their OL is above average at best.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I think they have one of the better OLs in football.

Dallas and Oakland are first and second. But, the Steelers might be 3rd. Maybe GB? Both are certainly top 5.

Legend
Legend
wouldn't know if green bay has a good o line, not after the way the falcon's D was back there.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
wouldn't know if green bay has a good o line, not after the way the falcon's D was back there.

Rodgers took two big blindside hits over the first few series. The 2nd one was actually quite awesome, perfect shoulder-to-shoulder hit that laid him out.

To allow the same LBer two free blindside hits isn't good.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just a final thought, I want this franchise to get into the habit of drafting a WR every year. It doesn't have to be a high pick. However, look at the receiving options all of these teams had today. I'd draft 2 this year somewhere in rounds 4-6. Packers, Falcons, Patriots, and Steelers all do this.

Chris Hogan, Danny Amendola, Eli Rogers, Geronimo Allison and Taylor Gabriel were all UDFAs.

We need to find the Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, or Big Ben to get them the ball. As we can attest, that is easier said than done.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Both games were very disappointing, obviously. I guess the Steelers/Patriots game was a little better than the other one.

I have found the best thing to do is DVR the games. I watch 'em in about 45 minute increments, this way I can FF through all the commercials/huddles, etc. Then as soon as the game catches up and is back on, real time? Watch something else for awhile, keep recording, and about 45 minutes later? Watch the game again. This is especially good when the games suck like they did yesterday. Hopefully the Super Bowl won't be a blowout too.

Legend
Legend
Those teams also draft a LOT of wide receivers.

Patriots would have been a 15-1 team if they had Brady the first 4 games and didn't have Jacoby Brissett against Buffalo. They lost to Seattle in a game that came down to a goal line stand. New England is just miles ahead of everyone this year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Those teams also draft a LOT of wide receivers.

Patriots would have been a 15-1 team if they had Brady the first 4 games and didn't have Jacoby Brissett against Buffalo. They lost to Seattle in a game that came down to a goal line stand. New England is just miles ahead of everyone this year.

We've drafted a lot of receivers in the past. Robiskie, Greg Little, etc. We just drafted a bunch more receivers. Until we have a QB to get them the ball, I'd rather not use draft capital on a position where we're already pretty invested.

Sign some UDFA receivers and maybe get lucky, but we've got a WR room crowded with young players.

I think the Pats are good, but I'm not sure they are a juggernaut. Bell went down, and Big Ben has been off for awhile. The Steelers' young secondary came back to earth.

The Pats are a very well coached team and they are great at exploiting weaknesses and taking away strengths.

Shanahan-Patricia(BB) and McDaniels-Smith(Quinn) should be fun matchups.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Two more playoff games where the home team easily took care of their opponents. Happened a lot in this playoffs except for last Sunday with favored Cowboys and Chiefs losing. Possibly both would have been better competition for the Championships.

It just seemed the Packers and Steelers didn't show up with their A games like they did last week!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. WR's are nice but we need a QB that can get them the ball. Tom Brady would make our receiving group look a lot better then they do; as long as he had time to throw!!

Legend
Legend
What was Big Ben complaining about after the game... I didn't get to hear it, but I did hear about it. Something about unfair calls or something like that?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Agreed. WR's are nice but we need a QB that can get them the ball. Tom Brady would make our receiving group look a lot better then they do; as long as he had time to throw!!

+1

I saw a lot were marveling at Julio Jones and how stupid we were to pass on him. Chris Hogan had the same stats for the Patriots:

JJ 9 for 180 and 2 TDs
CH 9 for 180 and 2 TDs

I'm not saying Julio isn't great, he is, but what do those two WRs have in common? They play with a great QB in a dynamic passing offense.

Heck, how good is AJ Green? Great. How many playoff games have they won? None. That's on Dalton and the Bengals.

IMO, we have two options:

1. Build a world class defense, like last years Broncos, and get a good "game manager" QB to score enough points to win.
2. Draft and build around an elite QB with a competent defense.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I heard on the radio that he's participated in 15% of the Super Bowls. Lol crazy

Brady has played in something like 5 more postseason games than the Chicago Bears franchise, which has been around for almost 100 years..

I was just glad to see a stat where the example of futility wasn't the Browns...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Punch, we saw this weekend what happens when you rely too heavily on your franchise QB. You get your ass beat like Pittsburgh and Green Bay did.

Legend
Legend
Brady has played in 11 AFC Championships, including 6 in a row.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend

So all we have to do is find the GOAT QB?

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
Brady has played in 11 AFC Championships, including 6 in a row.
he's the lebron james of NFL

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
It just struck me who Terrell Pryor reminds me of......

from size/speed/movement even down to the white gloves...

Julio Jones.

Legend
Legend

So all we have to do is find the GOAT QB?

Yup. GOAT QB and the #1 scoring defense in the NFL and we can probably get by with mediocre WRs.. go make it happen.

yebat' Putin
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
On Mike and Mike today they were talking about how Bill Belichick has coached in 10 of the last 30 Super Bowls (including when he was DC for the '86 G-Men). That's pretty incredible, too. And the Browns have played in zero over the last 50+ years...

#gmstrong.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Do you remember how much we hated Belichick when he sat Bernie? (Kosar wasn't what Belichick wanted in a QB)

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: WVDawg54
On Mike and Mike today they were talking about how Bill Belichick has coached in 10 of the last 30 Super Bowls (including when he was DC for the '86 G-Men). That's pretty incredible, too. And the Browns have played in zero over the last 50+ years...

He's participated in like 19.7% of total super bowl games.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: WVDawg54

He's participated in like 19.7% of total super bowl games.

It really is amazing. And, I'm glad we don't have to listen to Steeler fans any longer. My Facebook news feed was curiously very quiet yesterday. I think I only saw one "I still love my Steelers" statuses.

#gmstrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Yeah, I'd love to rip the Steeler fans I know and etc, but when your team goes 1-15, I have no right to even blink an eye.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2016 Conference Championship Weekend

Link Copied to Clipboard