Next Thread
Print Thread
I
I_Rogue Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I
Just to get away from the politics already.....

So NASA has an app that will take the current flight data from the Juno Spacecraft and put into the simulator app you install on your PC.

Its pretty cool:

From the NASA site http://eyes.jpl.nasa.gov/eyes-on-juno.html :

"After a journey of more than 5 years, the Juno spacecraft is ready for its detailed look at Jupiter, the largest planet in the solar system.

Using Eyes on the Solar System and simulated data from the Juno flight team you can ride onboard the spacecraft using “Eyes on Juno” on your Mac or PC.

In this interactive visualization, you can ride along with the Juno spacecraft in real-time at any time during the entire mission. For example, watch the arrival at Jupiter on the 4th of July, 2016, or see Juno use Earth’s gravity as a slingshot to pick up speed, or just learn about the science of Jupiter and about the spacecraft itself. You can even turn on and off the magnetic field, aurorae, and the radiation belt, all in 3D! All of this and more is waiting to be explored."

Last edited by I_Rogue; 02/07/17 03:40 PM.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
Legend
Legend
Very cool. Looking forward to it. thumbsup

I
I_Rogue Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I
Wow. This thing is really cool. If you start digging into it, there are more features to it that ties to "Eyes of the Solar System" app of NASA's. Same type of simulator with more meat. A lot of cool things to tinker with not related to the Juno Mission.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family.” -AOC
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yes, very amazing.

Powered only with solar power.

In the article they talk about how advanced Juno is "...compared to turn-of-the-century technology".

I'm like, "Uh...well...yeah... The Wright Brothers?"

They meant the more recent "turn-of-the-century".

Legend
Legend
I just seen a video of a Dinosaur riding in a Chevy!

Science said they was ex-stink! willynilly

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Cool space stuff: Juno Mission to Jupiter: Visual App using live data.

Link Copied to Clipboard