Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kazbone Offline OP
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Best Browns Wins from 1986-1995. Please bear with me as im doing this solely from memory only. If i left out a memorial game that ended in a browns win that is your favorite, please list in comments.

Greatest Browns Wins(86-95)
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 03/17/17 05:55 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

The Pieces Of The Browns Puzzle Is Falling Into Place And I Cant Wait Till Its Finally Finished [Linked Image from memberfiles.freewebs.com]
Legend
Legend
1986- Browns double o.t. win against jets in divisional playoffs

I have the DVD. I should pop it in, if I can find it.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I vote Jets double OT game.

But I'd like to throw in a couple other memorable wins.

1986 Steelers at Browns- Kosar to Slaughter long TD pass wins it in OT 36-30.

1989 Broncos at Browns- Late in the 4th with the game tied Sammy Winder fumbles a pitch when The Broncos are running out the clock to set up the game winning FG. Matt Bahr edges a 50 yard FG just barely over the goal post for the win 16-13.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 03/18/17 06:52 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
1986- Browns double o.t. win against jets in divisional playoffs

I have the DVD. I should pop it in, if I can find it.

That's the game I chose. I went over to my buddy's house. and we watched the game there. His little daughter would come into the living room every once in a while, and then go back to her room to sleep. Double OT definitely took its toll, and when we won the game, My buddy and I were going absolutely nuts. lol Well, until his little girl came into the living room, and not understanding why we were going nuts, burst into tears.

Last I heard, that little girl was working in a local pharmacy. (and that was 5 years ago, or so) lol Man kids grow up so fast.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
I voted for the win against the Oilers. Was home on leave from the service, my brothers and I went to The Mining Company, there were a couple Houston fans sitting at a table behind us (everyone else was on their feet).

When they punched that last touchdown in I actually lifted both my brothers off the ground!

Then slowly turned around and waved at the Houston fans, both hands, one finger each. rofl

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
L
Legend
Legend
L
The playoff win over Buffalo. I remember three things about that game:
Matthews's INT, Ronnie Harmon dropped pass in the end zone just before it, and a Metcalfe kickoff return for a td just after the Bills scored.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
kazbone Offline OP
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Yes I remember the 89 broncos game now. If I remember the dawg Pound was throwing dog bones, batteries, etc at elways back on that drive to kill the clock. When he complained the refs moved the broncos to the other end, making them now go towards the pound and open end, thus giving barr a better chance to make that field goal at the closed end. I've always heard that us fans had a great influence on the outcome of that game. Which pysdeffect pointed out- it barely made it at the closed end and would of been short at the open end, if the fans didn't entice the refs to change ends.

kazbone Offline OP
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
And i voted for the Houston 1989 game. Remembering opening up my new football after and my dad & I reanacting the mack td to win it. Also had my first taste of wine as my dad wanted to celebrate that win, it was one of the best moods I ever seen him in and we really bonded that night. A special night i will never forget.

The Pieces Of The Browns Puzzle Is Falling Into Place And I Cant Wait Till Its Finally Finished [Linked Image from memberfiles.freewebs.com]
kazbone Offline OP
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
The playoff win over Buffalo. I remember three things about that game:
Matthews's INT, Ronnie Harmon dropped pass in the end zone just before it, and a Metcalfe kickoff return for a td just after the Bills scored.

You forgot the don beebe hit where he flipped over and landed square on his helmet.They still show that play on tv once in awhile. Also wright picked the ball off when it popped out of bebes hands, but was called incomplete on the field. Just my 2 cents, lol.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I've seen that play a hundred times, didn't know it was from that game. Now I have another memory from that one.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was new to NYC and watched the Jets game at a friends apartment with a bunch of Jets fans . That was fun

Joe Thomas #73
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I voted for the double OT Jets game because I. WAS. THERE. smile

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Greatest Browns Games of the 80s & 90s

Link Copied to Clipboard