Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Snacko #1252901 03/29/17 10:03 AM
Legend
Legend
Keep these idiots away from our traditions. Blew it once, but the next mysterious moves may be much worse. I think color rush stinks; like moaning about not being able to participate in the last train wreck. Just pass on this.

Who is the infernal "internals" that would be talking this up? Send them to the Raiders!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I figured he would be stubborn about it...........so, here is actual evidence:

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/gender-and-color/

you are like a petulant child..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I'm not "falling for" anything..

I understand the business side of it. They want money. And will churn out whatever products they think people will buy.

My side of it, is that I actually ENJOY going to games, and buying gear, regardless of how goo the team is.

It's not blind homerism.

I buy a new Browns hoodie every year, when they eventually make another hat that's not ugly I'll buy that too..

I plan on eventually being a season ticket holder, just currently work sundays. How good the team is will have no bearing on that decision.

I love football.

Sorry if that offends you.

It doesn't offend me if you keep spending your money.

It sounds more like it offends you that I expect them to put a product on the field that's worth me spending my money on. I call it accountability. I do understand that's a rare thing for anyone to expect these days.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Keep these idiots away from our traditions. Blew it once, but the next mysterious moves may be much worse. I think color rush stinks; like moaning about not being able to participate in the last train wreck. Just pass on this.

Who is the infernal "internals" that would be talking this up? Send them to the Raiders!

Funny that the unis they loved two years ago now need to be changed. It's ironic, they had the chance to get it right, yet managed to screw it up. I don't hate the current uniforms as many do, but they could've been so much better. It seemed like a half-assed attempt to begin with, but I'm sure hours and hours, and thousands of dollars were spent getting it wrong. willynilly notallthere rolleyes

Dear Lord, please help the Browns remove their heads from their collective derrières. I promise I'll be good. Amen.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I figured he would be stubborn about it...........so, here is actual evidence:

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/gender-and-color/

you are like a petulant child..

You asked a question. I answered it truthfully. You come back and only one of the many things I mentioned and called it "nonsense."

Then, I provided a link that gave actual information that answered your original question.......and you call me a "petulant child." superconfused

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
So... can we combine these threads?

Last time I posted something about new jerseys, it was punted from the pure football forum to this one. That's why I started the thread here. Guess the ref's are more lenient now (or they just don't like me).

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
CalDawg #1253027 03/29/17 02:11 PM
Legend
Legend
Isn't the guy that was in charge of the uniform change no longer here?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
ThatGuy #1253064 03/29/17 03:10 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No idea. The changes had to be signed off on by the Haslams, though, right?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Snacko #1253074 03/29/17 03:37 PM
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
My high school was known as the"crush". orange was one of the colors, my favorite college team is the "orange", Syracuse. So I'm kinda partial to the orange.... Lets keep it.

But if they wanted to do throw back uniforms with white helmets,I'd like to see that.

CalDawg #1253075 03/29/17 03:38 PM
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I'm not sure but I think the league may have to approve it too..

Legend
Legend
I think that they are probably busy.

This is the appropriate forum for this subject.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Snacko #1253225 03/29/17 08:16 PM
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
The Orange Helmet is our logo. Its the best in the NFL

The new uniforms (last year) should have been sent back the moment they arrived at Berea. Sue us! Everybody would have understood. They are hideous. Many on the board came out in favor of them, so I kept my opinion to myself. They are so bad it is embarrassing.

I could care less about a contract that doesn't allow us to change it. I would demand they do something immediately or the Browns will. I would tell Nike, the NFL, and whoever, that I will show up to court with that freakin clownish POS uniform and let a jury decide.

IMO the ones we had before last year were very good to great.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Olskool711

The new uniforms (last year) should have been sent back the moment they arrived at Berea. Sue us! Everybody would have understood. They are hideous. ... They are so bad it is embarrassing.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Snacko #1253246 03/29/17 08:41 PM
Legend
Legend
I know it. I really, really wish we wouldn't have agreed to these new unis. It's not that I hate change ... but I hate bad change

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Snacko #1253363 03/29/17 11:53 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I want the white on white Kosar era jerseys at home. The the Brown tops on the road.. IF it can be helped

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Olskool711

The new uniforms (last year) should have been sent back the moment they arrived at Berea. Sue us! Everybody would have understood. They are hideous. Many on the board came out in favor of them, so I kept my opinion to myself. They are so bad it is embarrassing.

I could care less about a contract that doesn't allow us to change it. I would demand they do something immediately or the Browns will. I would tell Nike, the NFL, and whoever, that I will show up to court with that freakin clownish POS uniform and let a jury decide.

Thing is....somebody high up (probably top of the chain: the Haslams) had to have agreed on the final design before it went into production. So....the blame falls on them. Had they consulted/polled the fans before or at least on maybe the top 3 designs...we wouldn't be discussing changing them again in 2020.

Last edited by PDXBrownsFan; 03/30/17 12:07 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I know I don't have orange paint on my walls

If not for my wife my house would be orange/brown/white both inside and out.

Quote:
I don't have orange counter tops, tile, floors.

See my comment above

Quote:
I don't have orange sweaters, shirts, or pants.

I do 95 percent of my close are brown/orange/and white. Sweaters, pants, loungewear, shirts, coats, underwear, cowboy boots, slippers, hats, gloves, watches.

Quote:
I would not own an orange car.

I will if I could ever find one I could afford, and if I ever get the money my motorcycle will also get a custom Browns paint job. smile

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Thing is....somebody high up (probably top of the chain: the Haslams) had to have agreed on the final design before it went into production. So....the blame falls on them. Had they consulted/polled the fans before or at least on maybe the top 3 designs...we wouldn't be discussing changing them again in 2020.

That's the problem that befalls many businesses regarding graphic design, the approval is made by the least design centric person in the organization, the owner.

I've worked in the industry at the sign painter level and at the large format printing side of things. You find yourself always designing to please the owner. In fact, (I looked this up *L*), 99.99% of owners have crap for taste.

In fact, (I looked this one up too. *L*), the owner is going to make his decision based on the opinion of the brown-noser who made his bung hole feel best throughout the process, because otherwise he's got nothing to base his opinion on other than... others.

At the end of the day a decision gets made, everybody sucks up telling the owner that not only was his decision the right one but also that he "led the way" through the process, the owner gets his ego fed with all the pats-on-the-back for being "creative-minded" and last, but most importantly in fact, (I looked this up too. *L*), at the position of being the utmost important thing in all this... everybody gets paid. And that was the real goal from the beginning.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
alec scheiner must have been a heck of a brown noser

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Not sure what to think about the white helmets. I've been pretty meh on the uniform change. It wouldn't utterly disappoint me if they tried something different

Browns apparently hate their uniforms, reportedly considering wild helmet change
By John Breech Mar 28, 2017 • 2 min read

Whoever was in charge of designing the Browns’ uniforms might not have a job for long, because apparently the team already hates the new look.
Less than two years after unveiling a completely new uniform, the Browns are already looking to start over.
At the NFL owners meeting this week, Browns co-owner Dee Haslam told ESPN Cleveland’s Tony Grossi that there were multiple problems with the team’s latest look.

For one, there was a general feeling that the team’s nine uniform combinations were too busy. Haslam also noted that there’s an issue with the fabric that makes the jerseys tight and uncomfortable for the players. That might explain their record last season.

The Browns and Nike spent roughly two years designing the new uniforms, which is why it’s such a shock that Cleveland might already want to replace them. The problem with getting new uniforms is that it’s a long process.
Under NFL rules, you can’t replace a uniform more than once every five years, meaning the Browns are stuck with their current duds until the end of the 2019 season. Also, it takes two years to design a new uniform, meaning the Browns likely won’t start planning for their new look until after the 2017 season.
“We’ve talked about it, but we haven’t conceptualized what that might be, and we have to work with the NFL on it,” Haslam said.
When the team does eventually go through the two-year design process, don’t look for them to make the same mistakes they made in the past.
“We’ve learned a lot through that process,” Haslam said. “We will go through the process probably again.”
As for what the new uniforms might look like, Haslam didn’t want to give away any secrets.
“We’re the Cleveland Browns. We stand for a certain thing,” Haslam said. “I can’t imagine doing anything too crazy, can you? I can’t.”
Apparently, there is one crazy thing that might happen. A team source told Grossi that the Browns are “seriously looking” at the possibility of dumping their orange helmet and going with a white one. The team wore a white helmet between 1946 and 1949. The team also happened to win four straight world championships between 1946-49, so maybe going in that direction is the right move.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
Legend
Legend
White is difficult to stay "clean" because of ramming helmets, but I wouldn't mind an experiment with it

Legend
Legend
I have read that the players hate the fit of the uniforms, they are not necessarily making a fashion statement.

I like the pumpkin heads .... so I hope we don't change the helmets. However, if we do, and then win 4 championships, I'll be perfectly fine with it. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
Legend
Legend
P
We're not going to read pages of useless drivel again about how a change in uniforms may be a positive influence on the team are we?

It was painful yet funny reading it the first time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1254184 03/31/17 03:37 PM
Legend
Legend
As with everything else on this board, you have the right, and ability, to either read a post, or not.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sometimes humor is a good thing.

Because believing a uniform can suddenly make a team without talent, be talented, is pretty funny. Hopefully people learned their lesson the last time.

#gmstrong
1st String
1st String
Yeah as they say and with the uniforms. Have to see it to believe it.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I get league rules and all but If I'm the guy footing the bill for MY team... I'll change unis when I want to! The NFL needs an enima.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum New uniforms in 2020?

Link Copied to Clipboard