Print Thread
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Big Ben on Garrett's sack goal: OL 'enjoyed hearing it'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...oyed-hearing-it

Big Ben on Garrett's sack goal: OL 'enjoyed hearing it'

Myles Garrett has made it known ever since he became the No. 1 overall pick of the 2017 NFL Draft that the quarterback he's looking forward to playing against the most is Ben Roethlisberger.

The defensive end said he plans on making Roethlisberger his first NFL sack when the Browns play the Steelers on September 10 in Cleveland.

Word of this news got back to Roethlisberger and he says he's looking forward to the challenge.

"I was talking to (Maurkice Pouncey) after Garrett called me out," Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "Pounce got a big kick out of it. All of my linemen enjoyed hearing it. They can't wait to get started. I can't, either."

Roethlisberger took 17 sacks in 14 games last year, a record low in his 13-year career.

According to Pro Football Reference, the Browns are 2-21 when playing against Big Ben, so this won't be an easy mission.

Garrett's sack goal is just adding more fuel to an already heated rivalry. Get your popcorn ready. Week 1 can't come soon enough.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Week 1 can't come soon enough.

No it can't! We may not win against them much, but we always do find a way to get to Ben!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Heated Rivalry? hmmm...

Regardless, I'm glad Garrett said something. Pitt's oline will have a tough task keeping our defense from laying wood on Ben.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:
"I was talking to (Maurkice Pouncey) after Garrett called me out," Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "Pounce got a big kick out of it.

Because he doesn't haven't to block him.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
R
Legend
Legend
R
Has there ever been a fatter QB than Roth?

If not overall fat, has there ever been a QB with a fatter face?

Legend
Legend

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
The first time he said it after the draft, he said it was because Ben was the biggest and the hardest to bring down and that's the challenge he was looking forward to... he was actually giving Ben a compliment.

The Steelers are also our first game.. stands to reason he wants his first sack, in the first game.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
The first time he said it after the draft, he said it was because Ben was the biggest and the hardest to bring down and that's the challenge he was looking forward to... he was actually giving Ben a compliment.

The Steelers are also our first game.. stands to reason he wants his first sack, in the first game.

Yeah, the Steelers are making this sound so stupid. IIRC, right after he was drafted, he was asked which of the 3 QBs he was going to try and get after the most. He mentioned the sexual assaulter because of how good and accomplished he is in the NFL. It would be meritorious to bring down someone like Ben.

Should a DE not aspire to sacking the best QB in the division?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
They literally asked all of the 1st round defensive players who they wanted to sack/INT first...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
They literally asked all of the 1st round defensive players who they wanted to sack/INT first...

did any of them say Brock Osweiler?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Just Caleb Brantley.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

This man was found lurking by the women's restroom. Claimed he was a cheerleader.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend

"Why didn't anyone tell me the bathrooms here have cameras, why am I even here?"

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101

This man was found lurking by the women's restroom. Claimed he was a cheerleader.

Are you sure he didn't claim he was transgendered?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Big Ben on Garrett's sack

At least he's not harassing young ladies any more.

yebat' Putin
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk The Smack Shack Big Ben on Garrett's sack goal: OL 'enjoyed hearing it'

Link Copied to Clipboard