Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
You aren't making sense. What are you talking about "flopping" for?

I simply pointed out that Coleman was the first overall pick in the draft. You say crazy things, at times.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You aren't making sense. What are you talking about "flopping" for?

I simply pointed out that Coleman was the first overall pick in the draft. You say crazy things, at times.

You are confusing me still. I started with disagreeing with Pitt's comment about passing on elite talent.

My original point why I disagree with Pitt...I think there is a reason why some positions Browns don't want to invest heavy spending money resigning players.

Unsure why you decided to through in "defend the FO" and now "Coleman drafted first" applies toward such a generic reply.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I really didn't say anything about elite players or re-signing anyone. My comments were concerning the odds of those later drafted WR's becoming good WR's. My view was and is that the odds of them becoming "good, solid WR's" wasn't in our favor.

My reasoning was that they were drafted later in what was a weak WR class. Not that it's impossible for one of them to succeed, just that the odds are against it. So I'm not really sure what it is you're responding to.

And as for the FO. Some of us evaluate them on each individual move, not some blanket approval or disapproval of every move they make. It's not some flip flop if you like some moves and don't like other moves. That's called being objective.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
You are confusing me still.

LOL..........let's leave it w/that.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

The Browns do not have a need to sign any leftover wr free agents who were not good enough to make it on their own teams.

The Browns present WR group has been two years in the making. If you believe in Sashi, Depo, Berry and Jimmy and their analytic approach you must feel very good about the talent level of the WR group they have put together for the 2017 season.

The last thing the Browns need is some cast off free agent from another team messing up the WR plan that the Browns brass began putting together during the 2016 draft.

Last edited by mac; 06/24/17 03:46 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I'll say you two interpreted my post into something I didn't think possible! I'm going to start again.

Quote:
My reasoning was that they were drafted later in what was a weak WR class. Not that it's impossible for one of them to succeed, just that the odds are against it. So I'm not really sure what it is you're responding to.

I start with this.

Let's say Jackson's defined his offense as a possession style similar to WCO with more emphases on the run game.

He wants two types of receivers one a vertical threat another a possession type. He likes receivers to support the run game. He biggest concern is ball control. I'm sure there is many more parameters we can list but keeping it simple.

Obviously the price is high for receivers with speed who create a vertical threat. Possession receivers are lest costly. Again, I am sure there is more factors but keeping it simple.

If you know the parameters, why does it matter if a player was drafted in a weak or solid class?

To take it further, your overall goal is having your team built in three years. If it takes receivers on average three years to develop, obviously you must place some emphasis obtaining talent early. You know the success rate finding adequate receivers is low. You take more improving your odds. A weaker class could be a factor why more is needed.

You can solve the issue rather quickly signing quality FA receivers. As an overall priority the team decided the bulk of their cap placed elsewhere. Paying a higher salary now on receivers restricts the budget what the team deemed more important.

I hope this makes better sense.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
You can solve the issue rather quickly signing quality FA receivers. As an overall priority the team decided the bulk of their cap placed elsewhere. Paying a higher salary now on receivers restricts the budget what the team deemed more important.

The stated goal of the owner and GM of the Browns is to build the team via the DRAFT...not via free agency.

Building your team via free agency is too costly to sustain for more than a few years. If your front office is above average at identifying and drafting superior talent, your team should not have to utilize free agency as anything more than an "occasional" need.

If your front office is not very good at supplying talent via the draft, the chances of building a playoff caliber team is slim.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
V
Legend
Legend
V
It might make sense if I was doing LSD. LOL

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It might make sense if I was doing LSD. LOL

take my word for it Vers i had a brother do LSD. nope it don't make since.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Chiefs Release WR Jeremy Maclin

Link Copied to Clipboard