Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
Legend
P
I feel that you would first have to believe that opinions based on a poll that has zero evidence of how things will progress at the QB position holds any real value.

So far, none of them have taken a snap in training camp, pre-season or anything else. The way polls are worded have everything to do with the outcome. Let's put it this way... If you worded the poll in the following manner, without attaching a name to it, I believe the outcome would be pretty cut and dry.

At the end of pre-season would you rather....

A. Start the QB Hue feels gives us the best chance to win.

or B. Start a QB Hue doesn't feel gives us the best chance to win.

I feel the answer to the actual question of who should start would be obvious.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If he can play he can play.

Legend
Legend
OR we could work a few series in for him regularly say after week three. If he drives, he stays on the field. I want him to know what he needs to know. This mystery "we gotta see" is nonsense we can control. Play him some IF the Line holds up. Knowing you will go in with a set script ought to keep you hungry, focused, involved. If he can hold the field and score play him; no other reason for him to be here.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Give each guy a chance in camp, let the best man win... So many variables involved. Not sure how anyone can say who should start with any value.

Kizer is the young stud, No NFL experience yet.
Kessler knows the offense and wasn't horrible in his time playing.
Oswieler has the experience and the arm and the size.

Let it play out..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Can we just create a DNA splicer and combine them all into one guy and play him?

DeBrocky Koswessizer.

...hmm... I may have found my new username

Last edited by ThatGuy; 07/07/17 03:48 PM.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Can we just create a DNA splicer and combine them all into one guy and play him?

DeBrocky Koswessizer.

...hmm... I may have found my new username

We could but then we would have to wait 22 years for him to grow up... and then the Steelers would end up with the first pick that year.

yebat' Putin
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
As of today, the first day of training camp:

42% think he should sit all year.

26% think he should start the last few weeks if we have no chance of making the playoffs.

21% think he should start immediately if he shows promise.

And 12% think he should start by week eight to see at least half a season.

This is a shift from a month ago when 47% thought he should sit all year and only 6% felt he should start by week 8.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for the update. I still haven't voted and probably will not vote until the preseason is over, if at all.

Too much is unknown. I trust Hue on this one

Legend
Legend
Wondering how it'd go if it was reset and done again.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Wondering how it'd go if it was reset and done again.

I'd vote the same.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was a "sit him, he needs time" guy, but I'm moving into more of a "start him when he won't hold everyone else back/he's ready" guy. When that'll be is hard to tell, but it is sounding sooner than I expected. Most everything is sunshine and rainbows this time of year, though, so who knows what's fact or fiction.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
A week into training camp:

Start Kizer immediately if he shows promise in training camp., he's our best option at QB. - (20%)
Start Kizer by week eight, we have to see at least half a season from him this year. - (11%)
Start Kizer the last few weeks of the season if there's no chance of going to the playoffs. - (25%)
Sit Kizer the entire year, he needs time to develop. - (43%)

FTR at this point I believe he will be the starter. I don't think Brock or Kessler have done anything that would prevent them from developing Kizer as quickly as possible. Based on what I've read (and granted the info is thin) it seems Kessler is losing ground and Brock is merely treading water while Kizer continues to improve, going through progressions, making reads and, most importantly, moving the football and scoring points. We'll see. It's still early, and as I mentioned info is thin, but if this is the case, there's no point in not starting him.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't want to see him play till Hue thinks it is more beneficial for him to play and gain experience then to not. I don't want to see the guy rushed and have us ruin him just because he is the best option now.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
S
Legend
Legend
S
Normally, I'd say no. Let this guy sit for a year and see the speed of the game, and also, the speed of the schedule..

But, this is the Browns, and if he isn't the week one starter, he'll have probably started a game by week 6 or 7, who are we kidding.

I just hope these QB's finally understand the importance of durability. Throw the damn ball away and stop trying to be a hero.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Thanks for the update. I still haven't voted and probably will not vote until the preseason is over, if at all.

Too much is unknown. I trust Hue on this one

You should wait until he is in year 3.. then vote in hindsight on what you think we should have done 3 years ago... it will be really hard to ever be wrong that way. tongue

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would say sit him all year, but if by week 12 and the playoffs being not in sight, then by all means, we should at least find out what he might have with the 2018 Draft becoming a focus.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am shocked by the poll results, not that there is a right answer right now. I say start him for the London game, I believe there is a bye week before that game.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
So the numbers are in at the end of training camp. 43% think he should sit all year.

26% think he should start the last few weeks if we have no chance of making the playoffs.

19% think he should start immediately if he shows promise.

And 13% think he should start by week eight to see at least half a season.

It looks like the starting job may be Brock's to lose. If he craps the bed, we'll see Kizer sooner than we may hope. If Brock is serviceable and wins games, Kizer gets to sit and learn. The good news, IMHO, we may be okay either way.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
now what ... brock sucks. kizer isn't ready. kessler is afraid.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We need to ride Os and Kessler until Hue thinks Kiser is ready enough that playing him won't hurt his growth, otherwise we will be just prolonging our QB search.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Interesting. Predictions are not always 20/20.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Start Or Sit Kizer?

Link Copied to Clipboard