Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-plan-replace-top-diplomat-cia-chief-150144859.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House has developed a plan to oust Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who has had an increasingly tense relationship with President Donald Trump, and replace him with CIA director Mike Pompeo within weeks, senior administration officials said on Thursday.

Under the plan, Republican Senator Tom Cotton would be tapped to replace Pompeo at the Central Intelligence Agency, the New York Times reported, citing senior officials.

The Times, the first to report the plan, said it was not immediately clear whether Trump had given final approval to what would be the most significant shakeup in his administration since he took office in January.

Tillerson's departure would end a troubled tenure for the former Exxon Mobil Corp chief executive who has found himself increasingly at odds with Trump over policy challenges such as North Korea and under fire for his planned cuts at the State Department.

Tillerson was reported in October to have privately called Trump a "moron," which the secretary of state sought to dismiss.

That followed a tweet by Trump a few days earlier that Tillerson should not waste his time by seeking diplomatic engagement with North Korea.

John Kelly, the White House chief of staff, developed the transition plan and has discussed it with other officials, the Times reported. Under his plan, the staff reshuffle would happen around the end of the year or shortly afterward.

Tillerson's departure has been widely rumored for months, with attention focused on Nikki Haley, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, as his likely replacement.

But Pompeo, a former member of Congress, has increasingly moved to the forefront as he has gained Trump's trust on national security matters.

Tillerson, 65, has spent much of his tenure trying to smooth the rough edges of Trump's unilateralist "America First" foreign policy, with limited success. On several occasions, the U.S. president publicly undercut his diplomatic initiatives.

A source familiar with Tillerson’s thinking said Tillerson’s original plan when he took the job as top U.S. diplomat, was to leave in February.

“His plan was to make it a year and then find a reason to leave. Who knows if that still holds?” the source said.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
rofl

Trump just announced that Tillerson is the Man and what the press has been reporting, well you know, IS FAKE NEWS!!!

rofl

Legend
Legend
But Yahoo!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
rofl

Trump just announced that Tillerson is the Man and what the press has been reporting, well you know, IS FAKE NEWS!!!

rofl

So in other words, he'll be gone by mid February....

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
If he used the phrase, "believe me", you can bet on it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i don't understand how you post with such confidence, especially since Rex called him a moron and Trump challenged him to an IQ duel.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
i don't understand how you post with such confidence, especially since Rex called him a moron and Trump challenged him to an IQ duel.

Fake News, Rex never called him a moron.
Source: Rex.

Yahoo again, right?

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 12/01/17 06:01 PM.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

Fake News, Rex never called him a moron.
Source: Rex.

Yahoo again, right?

this article is written by Reuters. for the uptenth time, Yahoo is a predominately third party site that post articles from a variety of new sources, including fox news.

Rex called him a moron, and Trump challenged him to an IQ duel. what an awesome working relationship.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Rex called him a moron, and Trump challenged him to an IQ duel. what an awesome working relationship.

Sounds like a marital fight I saw outside a trailer once on COPS.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Fake News!

I think Rex is a better source on what Rex said. rofl

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Fake News!

you are aware he didn't deny it, right?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Fake News!

Yea, because this entire administrations reputation for telling the truth is so stellar.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think this is a matter of one crapstorm at a time. Tillerson probably said that he's prefer to leave as originally scheduled and he would not tell all if Trump stopped trying to oust him.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
He sent out his press secretary to say he never said it.
He later said it himself that he never said it.

Trump was getting on a Helo when a reporter asked him if Rex called him a moron and Trump replied, "If he did I will challenge him to an IQ test and we will see who wins."

You gotta stop listening to the Media and pay attention to the Real World. rolleyes

It is all on video if you don't believe me. I watched it all live.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
well lets see the video and put this to bed once and for all. please link the video.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P

No he didn't. He actually refused to respond to the question.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

No he didn't. He actually refused to respond to the question.

Fake News!

At the White House Presser, he said he was not going to get caught up in the Washington pettiness and walked away.

Later the Press cried and cried, using PDF's favorite line that he didn't say no so that means yes. rolleyes

He then sent out his own press secretary to say no, he didn't call Trump a moron.

The press cried and cried that he never said it himself, so later he said it himself.

You guys fall for the dumbest stuff when fed by your Media Masters. rolleyes

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i asked you to link the video.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Rex Tillerson Calls Reports Of His Ouster ‘Laughable’

“The media has been speculating that I fired Rex Tillerson or that he would be leaving soon,” Trump tweeted, “FAKE NEWS!”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rex-tillerson-resign-laughable_us_5a217561e4b0a02abe90cafd

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
remember when it was laughable that trump would fire Priebus? or whatever term they used then.

and then he got fired.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
So in other words you can't show us where Tillerson said he didn't call Trump a moron. That's what I thought.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"Let me tell you what I've learned about this President, whom I did not know before taking this office," Tillerson said. "He loves his country. He puts Americans and America first. He's smart. He demands results wherever he goes, and he holds those around him accountable for whether they've done the job he's asked them to do. Accountability is one of the bedrock values the president and I share."

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
so you not gonna link the video?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

why did you send me a link with a video describing how flynn flipped?

Last edited by Swish; 12/01/17 07:19 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
40 has it on repeat trying to convince himself that GEOTUS (r/The_Donald reference) won't get impeached.

Legend
Legend
Rex Tillerson Calls Reports Of His Ouster ‘Laughable’

“The media has been speculating that I fired Rex Tillerson or that he would be leaving soon,” Trump tweeted, “FAKE NEWS!”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rex-tillerson-resign-laughable_us_5a217561e4b0a02abe90cafd

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you still can't show us a link to where Tillerson denies he called Trump a moron like you claimed. Got it!

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus White House has plan to replace top diplomat with CIA chief: U.S. officials

Link Copied to Clipboard