Next Thread
Print Thread
T
teedub Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
First guys are suspended and reprimanded for not going in.....now these two are suspended for going in with out permission....South Florida is led by crackpots

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/11b0b750-6ada-39a7-bd4a-1b8056a9c292/two-swat-officers-suspended.html

Legend
Legend
Seems to me they have a bad Sheriff.

Fire him.

T
teedub Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
T
Different department....but still....

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: teedub
First guys are suspended and reprimanded for not going in.....now these two are suspended for going in with out permission....South Florida is led by crackpots

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/11b0b750-6ada-39a7-bd4a-1b8056a9c292/two-swat-officers-suspended.html

They should've choked slammed a student running away instead of trying to find the shooter. They wouldn't have been suspended then. How ridiculous.

Legend
Legend
A cluster.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not understanding the grounds for punishment for the two SWAT officers?

I mean, unfortunately the next school shooting is on the case of being "inevitable" and now we're going to throw this crap in the back of the minds of first responders and etc?

"If I do something, if I try to save people right this moment... I'm going to get into trouble" I mean, Hell I'm sorry but the pot full of crap is overflowing here. Shame on you Florida. Get your freaking act together.

Legend
Legend
It is my understanding that the National Standard for such mass shootings is for Police to immediately make entry and stop the shooter.

The orders to not go in are unusual with this incident.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
It is my understanding that the National Standard for such mass shootings is for Police to immediately make entry and stop the shooter.

and unconscionable.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Heads need to roll but only the low hanging fruit has been punished so far.

D
Legend
Legend
D

I'm not a tactical mind, military experienced or anything along those lines, but this seems like common sense to me for the situation.

Definitely one way of putting it. And as stated, people are punished for not going in, and people are punished for going in... if I were a police or etc related I'd stand up in one of the city meetings and flat out say "WTF ARE WE SUPPOSE TO DO?!?!?!?!?!"

I don't approve of the swat officers being punished. The fact that they are/were tells me South Florida is crap...

Legend
Legend
'Do not approach!' The panicked 911 call of coward cop who told police to stay 'at least 500ft away' from Parkland school shooting as victims lay dead inside

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...g-911-call.html

D
Legend
Legend
D
Pathetic... he should never, ever wear a badge again, or obtain any type of job where he could hold any amount of responsibility towards the safety of people.

Legend
Legend
Ahh, like this day never even happened.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
I'm not understanding the grounds for punishment for the two SWAT officers?

I mean, unfortunately the next school shooting is on the case of being "inevitable" and now we're going to throw this crap in the back of the minds of first responders and etc?

"If I do something, if I try to save people right this moment... I'm going to get into trouble" I mean, Hell I'm sorry but the pot full of crap is overflowing here. Shame on you Florida. Get your freaking act together.

Oh, this is almost everywhere to varying degrees.

I try not to air some of my own dept's laundry but let me give you guys a little insight as to how it works for us. I go to work knowing that if I get in a shootout with someone, no matter how justified I was, my own Chief will never publicly back or support me. In the last 4 years we've had 3 Officer involved shootings.

The first involved a mentally ill man who charged at the officers with a pair of those orange shears grandma has. Eyewitnesses verified the officer's accounts of what happened.

Chief never made a public statement in support of the Officers (though was quoted as asking a supervisor as the Chief got on scene "Why are all these patrol cars here?")

Second, Officer on patrol sees a validated gang member with outstanding warrants for dealing crack cocaine. He gets out, chases him on foot, and when the suspect tries to jump the fence, he grabs him and pulls him down. As they get back to their feet, suspect pulls out a gun (previously reported as stolen) and tries to get a shot off, Officer manages to get his off first.

No public statement in support of the Officer.

Third incident, buddy of mine goes to a domestic dispute, fem ale caller says the guy has assaulted her and might be armed. While talking to her, the guy returns, Officer says "hey, let me talk to you", suspect runs, foot chase ensues, as my buddy gets up on him, he pulls a gun (also previously reported as stolen), shoots my buddy in the leg. Second officer rolls up at this time and puts down the suspect.

No public statement of support from the Chief.

Now, we have what's called a 5 day report. Basically its a letter drafted by the Chief and sent to the City Manager that gives an overview of the incident and where the investigation stands at that point. This letter is always made public and is always expressed in terms of the investigation still in progress.

The Chief would not publicly state that the officer in the first incident did what they could, but the suspect forced the decision... wouldn't even commend the officer in the second for attempting to get a known, violent, wanted person off the street... wouldn't commend the officer in the third for looking out for the domestic violence victim.

Nope, not a word of support publicly.

Not even a word of support privately.

But you did see the Chief publicly hugging the mother of cocaine dealer who was accusing the department of a cover up.

It can be a pretty lonely time on the road knowing that in a life or death situation, you can act morally, ethically, legally, at great peril to yourself, AND act in the way you've been trained, the person who tried to get your name on a memorial is going to get more support from the Chief than you will.

One of the worst parts of my job is sometimes my department makes me choose between what's right and what's right.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hardest part of being the boss is accepting that "the buck stops here" and that everyone who acts under you is acting in your interests. A boss who won't support their team through good times and bad has no spine...

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Thanks for all you do for the public bro thumbsup

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I honestly hope your mini-rant (not trying to poke fun, but it was a rant) throws cold water on the narrative that police departments everywhere cover stuff up to protect officers in the wrong (for the people that actually believe that).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus More cops suspended over parkland reaction

Link Copied to Clipboard