Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T

Jokes.

Twice in Church over the last 4 weeks the Cleveland Browns have been a joke from the person behind the pulpit.

1. "We all love football, when the Buckeyes' win, or when the Cleveland Browns score a ..." (voice trails off).

Another week.

2. " Listen The Cleveland Browns are going to lose this week, you might as well stay and take part in the activity"

And now Fox College football broadcast has joked, of a game winning touchdown for the Florida Gators by a player named Cleveland.

3. "Finally something good happening to Cleveland in football terms."

So continue to thumbsdown the world!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Marc Sessler‏Verified account @MarcSesslerNFL

What will happen to sportswriters, so-called sportswriters, snark-vendors, anxiously Caucasian whit-crackers and hobby-horse semi-wordsmiths when the Browns achieve even vague competency?
5:22 PM - 15 Feb 2018

Twitter

Legend
Legend
I don't use the thumb for this smarmy crap. I would leave that church and abandon that pastor. Just win a few. bengals are still a laughingstock, but not on BSPN. Just not doing their job when they are treating any franchise like this. But heal yourselves and escape this crap.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Marc Sessler‏Verified account @MarcSesslerNFL

What will happen to sportswriters, so-called sportswriters, snark-vendors, anxiously Caucasian whit-crackers and hobby-horse semi-wordsmiths when the Browns achieve even vague competency?
5:22 PM - 15 Feb 2018

Twitter

We'll see whenever that happens.

Hopefully soon!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I can't get too upset about it... I made a Browns joke in church this weekend myself...

To those who aren't passionate about it, the jokes are funny.
To those who are passionate about it, the jokes hit too close to home.

If the Browns just win some games, the jokes no longer make sense and they will stop.....

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
Eh, the jokes don't bother me much. They are what they are.

Many times, throughout the season, and some times in the off season, I get texts or messages on facebook about the Browns. Doesn't bother me.

Heck, couple of years ago our pastor even made a comment about loyalty, and used me as an example. "If Arch can stay loyal to the Browns......." I laughed.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Legend
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
The guy who sat in front of me when I was a seahawks season ticket holder is also a Browns fan. On facebook he mentioned the Browns getting 6 wins this coming season - a few folks (that probably are "big football fans" in their world, but in reality know about their team) were scrutinizing him. I think at this point, on paper, 6 is a fair estimate depending on how the draft picks turn out. It's easy right now to say that, and nobody (or very few) picked the 0fer from last season. Regardless, significant upgrade at QB and WR, and improvement in DB and RB at minimum already. Downgrade in LT, but more depth on the OL as a whole from where we ended. It is more difficult to not be excited about our direction this offseason than most previously.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: clwb419
It is more difficult to not be excited about our direction this offseason than most previously.

Honestly, I'm not that excited. I'm more resigned that whatever is going to happen is going to happen. I expect improvement, but only because you can't win fewer games than zero.

I like a lot of the talent we have added, but have no faith in Hue and the rest of the coaching staff to get that to translate into wins.

I'm not saying they can't get it done, but using the Parcells' logic they're not very good. If a .500 record were an average/C-level coach, Hue's .032 as HC of the Browns says he's a failure of epic proportions so far. It would take him 2 perfect regular seasons to become above average.

As much as Dorsey talked about winning during his Draft pressers, Hue better get to work (keep working as he seems to have this off season) if he wants to stick around.

I think Hue can be an above-average coach, but he's got some convincing to do as far as will be.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk The Smack Shack Browns still lacking respect among uninformed.

Link Copied to Clipboard