Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Show me one safety where the ball is out of the endzone when the foul occurred...JUST ONE???
Come on guys its football. The ball has to be in the endzone when the hold occurs and the hold can be on the one its a safety...Don't care how the rule is written you all are miss interpreting it.

Or its possible that in my lifetime of playing but mostly coaching I got it wrong and Never saw a safety called with the ball on the One...lol smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree unless the rule recently changed.

Joe Thomas #73
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
It's where the foul occurs not where the ball is...

Sorry wrong...it is definitely where the ball is.
To be a safety Rivers must be in the endzone.

You are actually incorrect. It's where the foul occurred. By your definition, if Rivers was in the endzone and the hold comes at the 1 or 2 ydline (outside the enzone) it's a safety. No. The holding must occur in the endzone. The ball doesn't have to be, however.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
From the NFL Rules:

Quote:
Second-and-16 on A4. Quarterback A1 drops back to pass and throws a legal forward pass complete to end A2 who runs for a touchdown. Prior to the completion offensive tackle A3 holds in the end zone.

Ruling: No touchdown. Safety.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Show me one safety where the ball is out of the endzone when the foul occurred...JUST ONE???
Come on guys its football. The ball has to be in the endzone when the hold occurs and the hold can be on the one its a safety...Don't care how the rule is written you all are miss interpreting it.

Or its possible that in my lifetime of playing but mostly coaching I got it wrong and Never saw a safety called with the ball on the One...lol smh

From the NFL rule book

"SECTION 29 - SAFETY
It is a Safety if the spot of enforcement for a foul by the offense is behind its own goal line, or if the ball is dead in possession of a team on or behind its own goal line when the impetus (3-17) comes from the team defending that goal line."

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
It's where the foul occurs not where the ball is...

Sorry wrong...it is definitely where the ball is.
To be a safety Rivers must be in the endzone.

You are actually incorrect. It's where the foul occurred. By your definition, if Rivers was in the endzone and the hold comes at the 1 or 2 ydline (outside the enzone) it's a safety. No. The holding must occur in the endzone. The ball doesn't have to be, however.

That is exactly what I'm saying. The hold can be on the 2 yard line its if the QB is in the endzone or not that determines a safety. I can't believe I'm having this discussion. ??? Where is Mike Perrara when you need him.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If that's the case, you would be incorrect in your thoughts on how a safety is scored. Mike Pereira would be scolding you right now. wink

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't believe I'm having this discussion. ???

I agree w this.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its where the foul occurred, not where the ball is at. It's just like when the ref says "the penalty will be enforced from the spot of the foul" but because the foul occurred in the end-zone there is no way to mark off yardage so the NFL deems it's a safety.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I'm sorry maybe I'm wrong cause so many dawgs saying so but the concept all my life is where the ball is.
I do know for a fact if the QB is in the endzone and on the 3 yard line the LT holds the DE then it is a SAFETY cause the QB is in the endzone...In MY LIFE TIME and you tell me in yours when have you EVER SAW a safety envoked on a hold with the QB past the ENDZONE LINE and is standing on the ONE, TWO are more area...ANY TIME IN THE HISTORY OF NFL FOOTBALL IS THERE ONE INSTANCE OF THAT HAPPENING...if one of you can give me that - then I will apologize to all. But in my memory I cannot remember that ever happening...but a heck of a lot of Safeties from holds with the QB in the Endzone regardless where the hold took place. I know this forum will be purged but anyone finding a Safety without the ball in the endzone please link it on another thread thank you in advance...want to be correct not me saying nanner I'm right and you are wrong wish to know for certain. I've NEVER SEEN a Safety when the QB is outside of the Endzone...never...in my memory that is. How bout you guys???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Found 1 for you Tabber.

It's at the 1:23 mark.

[video:google]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwgMhJdKcEs[/video]

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Thank you will take a look at it after Church OIh can you put it in a post in Pure Football as I'm sure this forum will be deleted soon...very soon.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Chargers 38 What I saw game 6

Link Copied to Clipboard