Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I think that's a conversation that 100% needs to take place. I hope Mason gets fined and suspended.

It doesn't change what MG did - doesn't make it right or justify it. . . . Or I should say it justifies him wanting to get into it with Mason and any other nearby Steeler. It does not excuse trying to hit him with a helmet.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Look at Garrett's legs...a man's legs will curl in like that when hit in the testicles.

mgh888 #1694936 11/15/19 04:24 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Looks like Rudolph punched and kicked Garrett in the nads while Pittsburgh OLinemen held Garrett.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
I think Rudolph playing will get the D more fired up than if he was suspended. I am fine with him playing and I hope we hit him (legally) a TON and intercept him another 3+ times. I hope we embarrass him and goad him into doing something emotional and stupid ..... On O - Baker and the guys need to keep it tight disciplined and just find a way to win.

C
Rookie
Rookie
C
While what Myles did was totally wrong it’s also totally bogus that Rudolph didn’t get suspended. Just another example of the NFL and the media showing favoritism to their darling Steelers. At the very least Rudolph should be made to publicly apologize for trying to pull Garrett’s helmet off and kicking him in the groin. Rudolph is being treated like a choir boy. You can just tell by his arrogant smirks that he is a jerk.
That said, Myles still deserves to be suspended.

s003apr #1694947 11/15/19 04:47 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: s003apr
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
people justifying what Garrett did is absurd...oh... he called me a name..let me try to kill him with a weapon.. gmab. Nothing anyone did justifies what garrett did..i would be very suprised if he doesn't get atleast a year suspension.. I don't think people realize how egregious this was and NFL has to make a statement..this isn't a kick or a punch, this is weaponizing a piece of equipment and attacking a player without equipment. Garrett deserves everything he's going to get..lets not forget this isn't the first time he's done something punishable. (Titans game)

Dude, general rule of society is that if someone starts something with you, then you get to use whatever means at your disposal to fight them.

Heck, its even encoded in the laws of our country. If you have a weapon and someone attacks you, then you get to use that weapon or any other you can find on them!

Again, NFL rules prevail and they get to punish the players as they see fit, but all of this noise about Myles using the helmet as a weapon and potentially getting prosecuted/sued is nonsense.

From an NFL rules standpoint, Garrett is in the wrong, from a societal standpoint, Garrett is justified in hitting Rudolph with the helmet and Rudolph is 100% in the wrong.

If you watch the tape, Garrett was kicked in the groin by Rudolph. Watch close as the steeler is pulling Myless offf.

None the less, you ca hit people with a helmet. Myles will probably get suspended a dew games next season as well. I am thinking 10 games in total.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: s003apr
people justifying what Garrett did is absurd...oh... he called me a name..let me try to kill him with a weapon.. gmab. Nothing anyone did justifies what garrett did..i would be very suprised if he doesn't get atleast a year suspension.. I don't think people realize how egregious this was and NFL has to make a statement..this isn't a kick or a punch, this is weaponizing a piece of equipment and attacking a player without equipment. Garrett deserves everything he's going to get..lets not forget this isn't the first time he's done something punishable. (Titans game)

Dude, general rule of society is that if someone starts something with you, then you get to use whatever means at your disposal to fight them.

Heck, its even encoded in the laws of our country. If you have a weapon and someone attacks you, then you get to use that weapon or any other you can find on them!

Again, NFL rules prevail and they get to punish the players as they see fit, but all of this noise about Myles using the helmet as a weapon and potentially getting prosecuted/sued is nonsense.

From an NFL rules standpoint, Garrett is in the wrong, from a societal standpoint, Garrett is justified in hitting Rudolph with the helmet and Rudolph is 100% in the wrong.

This is the most absurd thing I’ve ever read. Don’t talk to me about any means necessary because it’s simply not true. I’ve witnessed first hand that circumstances require measured and controlled response. Someone picks a fight with me on the street 9/10 i could kill them easily and quickly with my barehands. So because they attacked me first I should kill them because I’m just defending myself? Sorry but given my training and ability, it would def be deemed excessive and would almost certainly be punished accordingly. Nothing that Rudolph did justified him using helmet as a weapon. If he’s truly scared for his life against a preppy qb then he’s in the wrong sport. Hell who’s to say Rudolph wasn’t just trying to get his helmet back.

Yes, If someone crazy attacked you out of the blue and they happen to end up dead afterwords (taking things to the most extreme scenario), then I really got no problem if that person is eliminated from society.

Garrett should be punished because he broke the rules. But I have no sympathy for Rudolph and characterizing a helmet as a deadly weapon is a bit of a stretch.

I put 90% of the blame for the fight at the feet of the clear aggressor. More often than not, the aggressor in a fight comes out on top, so seeing the aggressor get beat down in embarrassing fashion is always great.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Myles just needs to keep taking as high a road as possible. This stuff WILL weigh in
and in his ultimate favor. One would think the league couldn't possibly ignore it. As it stands the rest of the season is too much when you review it all. 4 games...

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 11/15/19 05:00 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
Still worth it IMO. We got the win and dominated them. Garrett rode Rudolf like Santa Claus.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Legend
Legend
Lol!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Still worth it IMO. We got the win and dominated them. Garrett rode Rudolf like Santa Claus.

Sorry ... but let me be clear I understand you.

It was worth losing our best player indefinitely in order to make the Browns look like idiots and thugs to the rest of the Nation ... and it's worth it because? Why ??

Sorry - I don't get that. Not one iota.

If we want the Browns to be tough with an opponent that has dominated us physically in forever ... Garrett didn't add anything to the whopping we put on the steelers for 59 minutes and 52 seconds. In fact what MG did was undo most of that. I'm really shocked people don't understand that.

mgh888 #1694976 11/15/19 06:42 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Somehow, I didn't see the game,

Hear all this stuff after the game, all over, all the news,

Somehow, it's all different when you see the video for the first time,

Man Myles Garrett was the victim in all this, where was the team, where were the refs, how do you get Myles Garrett being chased down by 3 steeler players, backing him in to the end zone.

I knew since it was the steelers, there had to be some bad fault coming from their end,
yep, pretty clear,

I think we'd all be better off if they just kicked the steeler organization out of the league, " indefinitely "

--------

All people aren't going to see the same action from the same point of view.

How the heck, (I didn't see the game), do you get a bench clearing brawl with like 20 whatever seconds to go in a 14 point game.

UGGH!

( They covered this in that football movie, with Scott Bacula and the Texas State Armadillos)

" Their ain't no Brawl"
"What do ya mean their ain't no Brawl!"

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Myles Garrett

Link Copied to Clipboard