Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Trump on CNN’s Jim Acosta: ‘If he misbehaves, we’ll throw him out’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-on-cnns-jim-acosta-if-he-misbehaves-well-throw-him-out

President Trump told Fox News’ Chris Wallace that he will kick CNN White House reporter Jim Acosta out of press conferences if he "misbehaves" going forward after a federal judge temporarily restored his press pass.

Trump sat down with the “Fox News Sunday” host on Friday for a wide-ranging discussion – the first time Wallace has interviewed Trump since he took office. Wallace pointed out that a federal judge ruled earlier Friday that the White House must reinstate Acosta’s press credential.

“Yeah, its fine, I mean it’s not a big deal. What they said, though, is that we have to create rules and regulations for conduct etc. etc. We’re doing that, were going to write them up right now. It’s not a big deal and if he misbehaves, we’ll throw him out or we’ll stop the news conference,” Trump said.

Wallace asked what rules the administration would put in place going forward after U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly declared that Acosta should be allowed back in the White House.

“We’re writing them now. We’ll have rules of decorum, you know you can’t keep asking questions. We had a lot of reporters in that room, many many reporters in that room and they were unable to ask questions because this guy gets up and starts, you know, doing what he’s supposed to be doing for him and for CNN and you know just shouting out questions and making statements, too,” Trump said.

Kelly’s decision is temporary and further hearings are expected to take place in the next few weeks to determine whether or not yanking the credential violated CNN's and Acosta’s First and Fifth Amendment rights. The temporary order lasts for 14 days and CNN can now petition the Court for a permanent injunction.

“I will say this, look, nobody believes in the First Amendment more than I do and if I think somebody is acting out of sorts I will leave. I will say thank you very much everybody, I appreciate you coming and I’ll leave,” Trump continued. “And those reporters will not be too friendly to whoever it is that’s acting up.”

Acosta’s "hard pass," which provided expedited access to the White House grounds, was suspended last week after he engaged in a contentious back-and-forth with Trump during a press conference. Acosta refused to pass the microphone to a female White House aide and there was brief contact between the two.

CNN filed a federal lawsuit against the Trump administration on Tuesday demanding that the White House restore the press credential of the star reporter – but Press Secretary Sarah Sanders called the move “more grandstanding from CNN.”

Sanders issued a statement following the judge’s decision on Thursday: “Today, the court made clear that there is no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House. In response to the court, we will temporarily reinstate the reporter’s hard pass. We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future. There must be decorum at the White House.”

Legend
Legend
Now trump wants decorum in the WH. Lol, ew boy. What a shinny turd he’s turned out to be.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
The Court also said the White House needs to come up with a list of Rules and Regulations for Press Conferences which they are working on now.

President Trump says we must have Respect and Decorum.
He has ordered his people to simply end the conference and walk out when Respect and Decorum cease.

It is simply unfair to other members of the Press when someone acts up, interrupts and asks 3 or 4 questions while others have not had a chance to ask one.

I liked what President Reagan did, rather than reporters yelling over others, he made the reporters raise their hands just like you did in school and then he would call on them.

I would do that, then don't call on the reporters who are always trying to tick you off.

I am not looking for softball questions, but Acosta goes over the line far too often. Ask fair and balanced questions, you get called on again in the near future. Start throwing darts, you might get skipped for 3-4 weeks.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Personally, I would throw a dart at the Press and answer the one who got stuck.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I have to say that I don't find it surprising that Trump would break a court order because somebody hurts his wittle feewings.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect our president to throw a public temper tantrum when he doesn't like a question posed to him by the press. It's almost become expected behavior.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I would put them all in press boxes and give the president a switch board that turns the mic on for the ones he is willing to have ask questions rather than having a gaggle of idiots trying to scream over each other in a bid to see who is the most foolish.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet the foolishness coming from Trump seems perfectly fine. lmao

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I think he is funny =)

I have watched the liberal bully pulpit for so long that watching him smack them around a bit is a breath of fresh air.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Jim Acosta abused his privileges as a member of the press

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/michael-...er-of-the-press

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. That age-old advice about the distinction between freedom and wisdom came to mind as I read the ruling that requires the White House to reissue media credentials to CNN blowhard Jim Acosta.

Federal Judge Timothy Kelly said Acosta must be allowed to return because there was no due process in the decision to suspend him. Kelly, appointed by President Trump, emphasized he wasn’t ruling on the merits of the suspension or Acosta’s behavior, only the process.

“I have not determined that the First Amendment was violated here,” he wrote, adding that the White House has no obligation to call on Acosta for questions.

While the outcome is a setback for Trump, it is also sensible and points the way forward. The president responded by saying his team will draw up rulesrequiring “decorum” and standards of behavior, and predicts ultimate victory.

Actually, he’s already won something bigger than the case at hand. He’s established the principle that a press pass is not a license to lecture and hector the president while refusing to yield the microphone, all of which Acosta did.

The principle is so obvious it shouldn’t need to be clarified, but written rules are necessary because Acosta abused his privilege. Now the details of the rules must be spelled out to cover any future cases.

But there won’t be any future cases — if the press corps get its act together. The White House Correspondents’ Association must find the courage to police the bad apples in its ranks instead of waiting for the government to act, then running to the courts for protection.

Recall that Acosta got the boot because he was the rudest and most aggressive lout in the room, but was not alone in trashing decorum. For two years, members of the Trump-hating press have used televised briefings and press conferences as a stage to let the world know how they feel about the president.

While most reporters ask real questions, even pointed ones, Acosta and his ilk are engaged in a performance art that amounts to virtue signaling to their bosses and colleagues.

“Look at me,” they seem to say. “I’m fighting back.”

But it’s not the job of reporters to fight back. Theirs is to gather information, fairly and accurately, and let readers and viewers decide what to do with it.

I know how quaint that sounds. But following that tried-and-true formula is how the media built its credibility. The abandonment of decorum is part of the abandonment of standards and is destroying public trust.

This was hardly the first time Acosta starred in his own drama. Over and over, he makes himself the story, which is not appealing, even for some anti-Trumpers.

Indeed, the response to my column supporting the initial suspension reveals that Americans on both sides of the Trump line believe manners still matter. They differ over who is at fault, with Trump supporters seeing most journalists as Democrats with press passes, while Acosta supporters mostly argue he was justified in behaving badly because Trump does, too.

As reader Dave Druten put it, “Respecting a president is preferred conduct, but kowtowing to a proven liar is not proper journalism. You need to address the root of the problem and not the symptoms of disrespect it has spawned.”

Reader Deanne Payne offers yet another view, saying that, although she is not a Trump supporter, she is disturbed by media bias and the lack of professionalism. “I am a nurse and I care for people of all walks of life and my biases, as part of my job, have to be checked at the door,” she writes. “The approach by many in the media is undignified and disgraceful.”

Payne is on to something, both in moral and practical terms. The idea of using someone else’s conduct to justify your misconduct is childish. Go to any playground and you’ll hear a chorus of “he started it” defenses.

It’s simply laughable when adults use that lame excuse, which is what Acosta and his defenders are doing.

As for the practical fallout, there are good reasons why trust of the press is at an all-time low. The 2016 election was in part a referendum on the elite media’s disdain for Trump and his supporters.

For many of them, conduct like Acosta’s confirms Trump’s “fake news” charges because they see in him the kind of journalist they do not trust to tell the truth. And with surveys consistently showing 90 percent of presidential coverage is negative, it is hard to fault their conclusion.

Besides, the president, like all Americans, enjoys First Amendment rights, and nothing in the oath of office requires him to suffer an unfair beating in silence.

Still, instead of engaging in endless combat with press-pass partisans, Trump has other options. He could bar cameras at the daily briefings and without a TV audience, the Acosta types would be unlikely to don their Superman capes.

Trump could also reduce the frequency of the briefings or cancel them entirely. He could substitute more one-on-one interviews for press conferences. He could, in fact, shun the media altogether because none of these traditions of contact are fundamental or even tangential to freedom of the press.

The First Amendment is a key to American liberty in glorious ways, but it is not an excuse for bad manners. It is a tragedy of our era that the media must be reminded of that common-sense truth.

Legend
Legend
"The First Amendment is a key to American liberty in glorious ways, but it is not an excuse for bad manners. It is a tragedy of our era that the media must be reminded of that common-sense truth."

Yes.
It
is
a
SHAME!!!

Legend
Legend
That’s not what the trump appointed judge said when he reinstated acosta’s Press pass.

Stop whining, snowflake.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
"The First Amendment is a key to American liberty in glorious ways, but it is not an excuse for bad manners. It is a tragedy of our era that the media must be reminded of that common-sense truth."

Yes.
It
is
a
SHAME!!!

When you’re best known for your creepy adoration for various racist perverts, rapists, pedophiles and scumbags, the “bad manners” and “SHAME!” cards aren’t in your deck, buddy.

You post YouTube tribute videos to the guy who called his prostitute “Horseface” on Twitter in a fit of rage, for crying out loud.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
That’s not what the trump appointed judge said when he reinstated acosta’s Press pass.

Stop whining, snowflake.

Snowflake? saywhat name calling? rolleyes 2nd grade playground talk how pathetic. tsktsk

Legend
Legend
Then report it or shut up.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Then report it or shut up.

Stooping to 1st grade bully like tactics... rofl

Legend
Legend
So you’re not gonna do anything?

Vambo is the kid who always volunteered for hall pass monitor.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
So you’re not gonna do anything?

Vambo is the kid who always volunteered for hall pass monitor.

More child like talk... tsktsk

Legend
Legend
Its the best they got.

Legend
Legend
What was hat? I don’t speak snowflake. 40 is bilingual. Maybe he can translate.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Its the best they got.

Name calling is all he can do, being so high his brain is fried! rofl

Legend
Legend
my Brain was fried watching trumps interview. His lack of intelligence reminded me of you.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
my Brain was fried watching trumps interview. His lack of intelligence reminded me of you.

Now stooping to Pee Wee Herman level... rofl

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Now stooping to Pee Wee Herman level... rofl

Why do you love bring up..”pettifiles” rofl

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Stop whining, snowflake.

Snowflake? saywhat name calling? rolleyes 2nd grade playground talk how pathetic. tsktsk

The guy who had an absolute meltdown last night where he went from "it's not fair to call me racist, I don't read Breitbart, and um, maybe you're a pettifile?" to posting a link to the racist pedophile Breitbart guy in a span of 30 minutes is here to tell others they are pathetic.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
WASHINGTON — Milo Yiannopoulos, a polemical Breitbart editor and unapologetic defender of the alt-right, tested the limits of how far his provocations could go after the publication of a video in which he condones sexual relations with boys as young as 13 and laughs off the seriousness of pedophilia by Roman Catholic priests.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/20/us/politics/cpac-milo-yiannopoulos.html

Last night after I referenced the fact that Vambo quoted this complete freak last week, he ended up melting down and then actually posted a video link to the guy's lecture *again*last night, and then preceded to ask why I was so interested in "pettifiles".

One of the weirder and creepier meltdowns I've ever seen here.

And after he slept it off, he posted an opinion article written by the diaper guy, Charlie Kirk.

Legend
Legend
Not even a couple of years ago, a ton of people were praising Milo a ton, including guys like Erik and 40.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
jc

didn't realize this was the smack shack ...

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

P
Legend
Legend
P
Awe. Poor Trumpy was put in his place by a judge he himself appointed. Oh thr humanity! Yet I didn't hear him call "that judge" on the carpet? Oh that's right, because he appointed him.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Judge told them to make up a list of Rules for Press Conferences which they have.

Acosta will find himself in the Turkey pen again, very soon I am sure. Unless of course he learns to act with decorum in the future.

P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House, Sarah Sanders announces

Link Copied to Clipboard