Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
[quote=Razorthorns]That said, you are making steps when you start beating up the teams you should beat up. We weren't doing that the last few years.

We were the team that you should beat.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
[quote=Razorthorns]That said, you are making steps when you start beating up the teams you should beat up. We weren't doing that the last few years.

We were the team that you should beat.

Most weeks, sure, but not all.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

What was the problem with Haley play calling exactly? That he didn't base the game plan on a rookie QB?

If you seriously have to ask that question - then it's in the same category as saying Baker is unimpressive while cooing over Rosen because Rosen is "Calm".... smh .... so whoever it was who said you simple troll the other day was apparently correct.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
I just think Haley was asking Baker to take long drop backs, slow developing plays ... not playing to his strengths

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I just think Haley was asking Baker to take long drop backs, slow developing plays ... not playing to his strengths

I think Haley had all sorts of issues including wanting to replace Hue. . . So I can't tell you if Haley sucks as an O coordinator, or if he was holding back as part of a plan to take over as HC ... either way it wasn't good. With the same roster and with a short period of time to get it worked out, Kitchens has out performed Haley on a monumental scale. It's not even comparable.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A few cupcakes to start his tenure. Let's see how he game plans for this weekend.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: BpG
A few cupcakes to start his tenure. Let's see how he game plans for this weekend.

I agree that we faced soft defenses ... agree that we need a larger sample size.

With that said - is there anyone that thinks Hue/Haley would have achieved similar results against those defenses??? I sure as heck don't .... not even remotely close.

Last edited by mgh888; 11/30/18 11:32 AM.

Legend
Legend

So funny that we the Browns can call another team cupcake.

I don't think we can call anybody anything other than the opponent.

I get Freddie. Salt of the earth guy. What I really like is that he meets with each offensive unit and finds out from them what they are comfortable with.

Tries to formulate an offensive plan that incorporates what these guys do well. In his presser he mentioned the importance of confidence. And I could not agree more.

If you have ever studied really hard for a test and felt super prepared; you are confident.

You have to feel that way to execute. You prepare. You believe in that process. You play better.

There is no doubt that this team has gained confidence. and Freddie has been a big part of that.

Legend
Legend
certainly a tougher test now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: mgh888

What was the problem with Haley play calling exactly? That he didn't base the game plan on a rookie QB?

If you seriously have to ask that question - then it's in the same category as saying Baker is unimpressive while cooing over Rosen because Rosen is "Calm".... smh .... so whoever it was who said you simple troll the other day was apparently correct.

I'm the troll who has been almost always correct, so keep on calling me a troll if that makes you happy...

You forget that we had two very good games against two top teams, both with Haley and without Baker Mayfield... Pitt and the Saints.

With Haley we developed a top running offense that didn't require the QB to carry the team, still doesn't.

We develop and Offense identity, sticking with the running game and that with few exceptions was enough for us to be competitive and win games.

Developed an O that was capable of scoring 21 point on average.. a top running OL.

Doing all this while having an Head Coach that is the worst HC in the history of the game...

Then most of the fans turn on Haley because he wasn't providing the spotlight for Baker, which is IMHO a very stupid argument. He developed an Offense that didn't require the QB to carry the team, and that's what an intelligent OC does when he has a rookie QB.

So yes, I'm the troll...

I have explained my logic and why I wasn't happy drafting Baker number one. I think he is developing alright and doing good, but that does not invalidate the reasons why I think it was a risk.

I still don't think Baker is the QB most of the fans here think he is, and that most of the guys have unreasonable expectations regarding him... but that's just me, time will tell if I'm right (like I've been most off the time, which by the way was not that hard) or if I'm wrong.

Last edited by rastanplan; 11/30/18 02:02 PM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I would also hold back a little on praising the improvement of our Offense considering the improvement came against 2 of the worst defenses in the league. Let wait for high praise till they have to face a real defense.

No, I will not.

Those are NFL defenses who are collecting big paychecks and we ripped them apart. For a long time we couldn't have raced up and down the field like that against a DII college team and we just did it in back to back weeks against NFL defenses.

Obviously I do not have the expectation that we will move the ball or score like that against better defenses.. but I will not hold back my praise for what I have seen..

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I agree that we faced soft defenses ... agree that we need a larger sample size.

With that said - is there anyone that thinks Hue/Haley would have achieved similar results against those defenses??? I sure as heck don't .... not even remotely close.

Didn't he drop 42 on the Raiders? We'll never know for sure. Let's just hope we keep growing and winning from here on out.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
I would also hold back a little on praising the improvement of our Offense considering the improvement came against 2 of the worst defenses in the league. Let wait for high praise till they have to face a real defense.

No, I will not.

Those are NFL defenses who are collecting big paychecks and we ripped them apart. For a long time we couldn't have raced up and down the field like that against a DII college team and we just did it in back to back weeks against NFL defenses.

Obviously I do not have the expectation that we will move the ball or score like that against better defenses.. but I will not hold back my praise for what I have seen..

People also forget that for the first time in a long time we had the D playing in Sync with the O.

We are now able to pound the ball, so providing the D plays to its level and does not let the game go away, we are going to be competitive, like we have been against the good D's we have faced this year.

And Hue isn't here to screw it up, like he always did.

Last edited by rastanplan; 11/30/18 02:16 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M

You forget that we had two very good games against two top teams, both with Haley and without Baker Mayfield... Pitt and the Saints. How many turnovers did the D give us in those games versus the games we played vs Bengals and Atlanta ??? Hmmmmm ???? + 5 turnovers and the Offense can't win a game - yeah that's G-R-E-A-T offense

With Haley we developed a top running offense that didn't require the QB to carry the team, still doesn't. Haley was such a guru in the running game he wouldn't give Duke any touches and Chubb was an afterthought... Genius

We develop and Offense identity, sticking with the running game and that with few exceptions was enough for us to be competitive and win games. Ummm - the record says otherwise

Developed an O that was capable of scoring 21 point on average.. a top running OL.

Doing all this while having an Head Coach that is the worst HC in the history of the game... And Hue's influence over the offense with Haley here was what exactly ?

Then most of the fans turn on Haley because he wasn't providing the spotlight for Baker, which is IMHO a very stupid argument. Man you are good at making crap up
rofl
He developed an Offense that didn't require the QB to carry the team, and that's what an intelligent OC does when he has a rookie QB. Funny I could have sworn that you implied that it was a bad thing that Kitchens might be viewed as trying to create an offense that plays to a rookie's strengths and limitations .... rofl which is it man?

So yes, I'm the troll... When it comes to Baker - most definitely

I have explained my logic and why I wasn't happy drafting Baker number one. I think he is developing alright The only rookie in NFL history with a 150 QBR ... I guess it's alright and doing good, but that does not invalidate the reasons why I think it was a risk.

I still don't think Baker is the QB most of the fans here think he is, Just a thought, but maybe stick to talking about what you think instead of trying to second guess what others think ... like suggesting that fans are more interested in Baker highlights than wins and losses and that most of the guys have unreasonable expectations regarding him... Nope - you are the only one with unrealistic expectations ... and lets not forget your classic line about Baker not Wowing you but Rosen did because he's so calm but that's just me, time will tell if I'm right (like I've been most off the time, which by the way was not that hard) or if I'm wrong.

As I said - if you can't see the difference between what Kitchens has done and what Haley did - then you really should have your keyboard taken away. We scored 28 vs Cinci ... in one half and then shut the offense down.

M
Legend
Legend
M

People also forget that for the first time in a long time we had the D playing in Sync with the O.

No - the D was holding up the team and generating an NFL team leading number of turnovers and Haley's poor offense couldn't score any dang points. But nice spin.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Fixed this for you.

"I'm the troll who has been almost always INcorrect"

"time will tell if I'm wrong (like I've been most off the time, which by the way was not that hard) or if I'm right."

Legend
Legend
Beautiful 8.

The legend(in his own mind) keeps score in his own mind about things that have no scoreboard and no way to verify.

But he is the unquestioned king in his own mind.

M
Legend
Legend
M
All Hail The King ! thumbsup

B
Legend
Legend
B

There are no cupcakes, but it will get harder the next few weeks, but we will get better too.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I hope Williams and Kitchens both stay.

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns name Fredd Kitchens offensive coordinator

Link Copied to Clipboard