Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Glw12
I loved the way the Browns did not quit but fought til the end.
We missed a field goal and had a touchdown taken away on the fumble.
Baker is the real deal. Does anyone else notice how well our receivers have played with Baker?
I was disapointed in our ability to stop the run or run the ball.
I loved the way our oline pass blocked for Baker but our run blocking was non existant.
We still need to add a few pieces but we are close. Very close.

Well said. thumbsup

P.S. I'm sure everybody knows this, but what the hell:

'QB Baker Mayfield breaks NFL record for TD passes in rookie season'

https://fox8.com/2018/12/30/qb-baker-mayfield-breaks-nfl-record-for-td-passes-in-rookie-season/

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Jackson took a couple big hits today. He is surviving for now because he is avoiding hits. Sooner then later defenses are going to close those gaps and he is going to take some punishment.

I think our defensive adjustment just showed the league how to stop this running attack. When we changed, there was a huge difference, and that's when Jackson was sacked and took a bit hit while running.

That said, that dude is so quick to hit the hole it is unbelievable.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He finished with a 4.5 yard per carry. Not earth shattering. We definitely made an adjustment.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
He 100% choked in his biggest moment as an NFL player on the bad pass to Landry......

Is it a cause for concern? He's just a rookie and it's too early to say that.

Based on the number of high quality throws and plays he made in pressure situations all year, I'm perfectly willing to say that "choking" isn't going to be a concern for Baker Mayfield.

yebat' Putin
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
He 100% choked in his biggest moment as an NFL player on the bad pass to Landry......

Is it a cause for concern? He's just a rookie and it's too early to say that.

Based on the number of high quality throws and plays he made in pressure situations all year, I'm perfectly willing to say that "choking" isn't going to be a concern for Baker Mayfield.

I tend to agree with you and hope that's true. But he will need to start making those big time throws that result in winning the game. Big time throws through 3.5 quarters are great. Big time throws that lead to wins are what separate the haves from the have nots.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Finally get a chance to post my thoughts on the game...

I thought the team really competed well. I don't think the game plan defensively was very good.

Lamar Jackson played a great game. I don't know if playing like that will hold up in the NFL, but if he continues to develop, he will be pretty good.

Baker played a great game. Forget the 3 picks. 2 of them weren't really his fault anyway. The throw on the first pick was not great, but the receiver was also being held (big surprise) and it ended up costing them.

The play calling on that final drive was a little odd to say the least. I think they were too worried about the pressure, and didn't stick to what was working earlier.

Our running game could not do anything. I get that Baltimore's defense is among the best in the league, but I think it's an area that we will need to improve upon.

Landry had that big drop, but otherwise had a decent game. Higgins had a nice game, Callaway also with a big TD catch. I really like this group going forward. I know things always change year to year, but I would love to see that entire group be back next year. Landry, Perriman, Higgins, Callaway seem to blend together nicely. Baker was really spreading it around Sunday. He hit 8 receivers, nobody had more than 5 catches, and several guys were right around the 80-100 yd marker.

I think the Browns need to upgrade the kicking position next year. At least bring in real competition to training camp. Greg Joseph really settled down after a bit of a rocky start, but I still don't trust him in a big spot.

Normally I am glad when the year is over, because it's been so bad, but it was sad to see this run finally end.

I am happy that the season is over, because maybe next year we won't find ourselves on the bad end of referees screwing up games.

That Oakland game should be looked at by NFL officials as one of the bigger screwjobs in the history of the league. The changing of the spot when the game was basically over. The phantom whistle on what was a clear fumble that would have been a touchdown no question, and a badly missed block in the back on a punt return (right after the refs changed the spot and said we didn't get a first down). Awful. Total embarrassment, but it's the Browns, so who cares.

That phantom whistle on Lamar Jackson's clear fumble was awful. That was 7 clear points taken off the board.

I get that these guys are human, and mistakes happen. It's a tough job, but there is absolutely no doubt the Browns were up against it every single week, and that's pretty weird.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I tend to agree with you and hope that's true. But he will need to start making those big time throws that result in winning the game. Big time throws through 3.5 quarters are great. Big time throws that lead to wins are what separate the haves from the have nots.

He doesn't need to "start" doing it. He's done it. He led a 7 minute game winning drive late in the 4th quarter to beat the Jets. He led 2 long TD drives in the 4th quarter against the Raiders, unfortunately the defense gave up 10 points in the final 4 minutes. He led a 60 yard drive in OT to beat the Ravens. 4th quarter drives to take the lead and beat the Panthers and the Broncos.

yebat' Putin
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Exactly. not sure what you have been watching this year Rishuz, but Baker has definitely led them from behind a number of times to victory. it mght not have been the last drive but they were come from behind wins.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Exactly. not sure what you have been watching this year Rishuz, but Baker has definitely led them from behind a number of times to victory. it mght not have been the last drive but they were come from behind wins.

Don't worry about him. He is a good poster who in this case doesn't know what he is talking about.

Just because he fumbled on this topic doesn't mean he is a choker.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Ravens 26 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard