Legend
C
Anyone watch it?

CHSDawg #1587091 01/26/19 10:53 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Off and on. If there was 1 player I watched that I would like to see in a Browns uniform. Deebo Samuals WR South Carolina. I would not draft him in the 1st round but if he was available in round 2 I think he would be a great addition.

Great route runner, very good hands, plays tough, and works hard.Only knocks I see is he is listed at 6'0 but is probably 5'11 so the catch radius is not as high as a taller receiver and he had a broken leg 2 years ago that ended his 2017 season.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
CHSDawg #1587097 01/26/19 11:21 PM
Legend
Legend
Watched it. McClarin is fast. The Qb from Buffalo has a cannon. Kid is very raw but he impressed me with his ability to move.

#gmstrong
Pdawg #1587102 01/26/19 11:59 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Big arm and athletic enough but woefully inaccurate. Poor man's Josh Allen in my opinion.

Hammer #1587105 01/27/19 12:11 AM
Legend
Legend
He is that. He also never had any coaching growing up. If I was a NFL team I would take a mid round flier on him.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I watched the better part of the second half. There were several players that I have interest in. All of those whose names I'll mention didn't play lights out today. Most had a good week of practice. Mostly defensive guys.

Charles Ohmenihu, Tx DT/DE. 6'6", listed at 275 lbs. Tough enough to play inside. Knows how to use his length to keep OL off of him. Scheme diverse player who can play 4-3 end in situations.

Terrill Hanks, New Mex. St. OLB 6"2", 230 lbs, good pass rush and cover lb. Makes plays all over the field. Rumored to have the best day 1 practice of any defender made impressive hits.

Daylon Mack, Tex A&M DT/NT 6'0", 320 lbs, basically a fire hydrant with above-average movement skills. Called up to the Senior Bowl based on dominance at the East-West Shrine Game.

Kingsley KeKe, Tex. A&M, DT, 6'3" 286 lbs, his play reminded me of Ogunjobi today.

Tony Pollard, Memphis RB/WR 5'11", 200 lbs. Seven kick returns for touchdowns in his career. Can be deployed in a variety of ways.

Terry McLaurin, Ohio St. WR 6'0", 205 lbs. Got separation consistently.

Anthony Isabella, Mass WR 5'8", 186 lbs. You could see the ability. Broke a tackle on a 10 yard TD reception. Kid has game.

Chuma Edoga, USC, OT, 6"4", 303 lbs. Possible developmental tackle scouts had good things to say about him.

Ben Powers, Ok, OG, 6'4", 310 lbs. One commentator said he was the best OL all around this week.

CHSDawg #1587107 01/27/19 12:23 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Anyone watch it?

Was it today?

#GMSTRONG
guard dawg #1587109 01/27/19 02:22 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Daylon Mack < Grady Jarrett?

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
Off and on. If there was 1 player I watched that I would like to see in a Browns uniform. Deebo Samuals WR South Carolina. I would not draft him in the 1st round but if he was available in round 2 I think he would be a great addition.

Great route runner, very good hands, plays tough, and works hard.Only knocks I see is he is listed at 6'0 but is probably 5'11 so the catch radius is not as high as a taller receiver and he had a broken leg 2 years ago that ended his 2017 season.

Deebo Samuals is a better WR imo ... than some taller types that will get drafted ahead of him.

I don't really see us Drafting a WR in the first round, so he is one of the prospects @WR who I could see being an option on day two.

The more highlights I watch of Baker, the more it becomes apparent to me that we already have a big bodied reveiver in Njoku who I thought had a pretty good year.

[Linked Image]

guard dawg #1587111 01/27/19 05:27 AM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I watched the better part of the second half. There were several players that I have interest in. All of those whose names I'll mention didn't play lights out today. Most had a good week of practice. Mostly defensive guys.

Charles Ohmenihu, Tx DT/DE. 6'6", listed at 275 lbs. Tough enough to play inside. Knows how to use his length to keep OL off of him. Scheme diverse player who can play 4-3 end in situations.

Terrill Hanks, New Mex. St. OLB 6"2", 230 lbs, good pass rush and cover lb. Makes plays all over the field. Rumored to have the best day 1 practice of any defender made impressive hits.

Daylon Mack, Tex A&M DT/NT 6'0", 320 lbs, basically a fire hydrant with above-average movement skills. Called up to the Senior Bowl based on dominance at the East-West Shrine Game.

Kingsley KeKe, Tex. A&M, DT, 6'3" 286 lbs, his play reminded me of Ogunjobi today.

Tony Pollard, Memphis RB/WR 5'11", 200 lbs. Seven kick returns for touchdowns in his career. Can be deployed in a variety of ways.

Terry McLaurin, Ohio St. WR 6'0", 205 lbs. Got separation consistently.

Anthony Isabella, Mass WR 5'8", 186 lbs. You could see the ability. Broke a tackle on a 10 yard TD reception. Kid has game.

Chuma Edoga, USC, OT, 6"4", 303 lbs. Possible developmental tackle scouts had good things to say about him.

Ben Powers, Ok, OG, 6'4", 310 lbs. One commentator said he was the best OL all around this week.

To echo this, Charles Omenihu is a guy I think would be a real fit in an attack 4-3 and he could play inside and out. I think he will go in the first 2 rounds.

Profile - https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-charles-omenihu/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/26/5-prospects-who-improved-their-stock-in-the-senior-bowl-game/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/26/10-biggest-winners-of-senior-bowl-week/

Would love to see us pick up Isabella or Renfrew - both guys are electric. Samuels also - it's a very decent WR class.

Last edited by drobs; 01/27/19 05:28 AM.
guard dawg #1587122 01/27/19 09:31 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Planned on watching it... Work and Family changed those plans..

I appreciate the info you posted...And everyone else who added to this thread. Thanks thumbsup

FL_Dawg #1587136 01/27/19 11:02 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Of course, Jarrett has to be graded above a rookie. He's demonstrated his abilities against NFL competition. But Jarrett has the benefit of four years of development. BTW, when I
Googled Jarrett to make sure of how long his tenure in the NFL is, I saw that Jessie Tuggle is his father, interesting.

I think Mack and perhaps Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois, have traits that are similar. They both have squatty builds, tremendous lower body power and the ability to collapse a pocket.

CHSDawg #1587152 01/27/19 12:35 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...rom-senior-bowl

Daniel Jones, Ryan Finley among five stars from Senior Bowl

By Daniel Jeremiah and Chase Goodbread NFL.com
Published: Jan. 26, 2019 at 07:50 p.m. Updated: Jan. 26, 2019 at 08:44 p.m.

GAME DAYDAY 3DAY 2DAY 1
MOBILE, Ala. -- After a week of practices here in Mobile, 100-plus prospects for the 2019 NFL Draft capped off a crucial job interview in Saturday's Reese's Senior Bowl. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah and Chase Goodbread provide a look at standouts from the game, as well as notes from interviews with players and coaches.

Five standouts from the Senior Bowl game

Daniel Jones, QB, Duke: This was the best Jones has played all week. The Raiders' coaching staff, which coached Jones' North squad, did a good job of getting him on the move when he started the second half. That helped him get into a rhythm, which was good to see. There was a lot of pressure on him going into the game after an uneven week of practice and I thought he rose to the occasion on Saturday. -- Daniel Jeremiah

Ryan Finley, QB, N.C. State: Finley was probably the most consistent and effective of the quarterbacks today. He had a really good game, and was solid in practice during the week. He was accurate, poised and made good decisions.

Now, he doesn't have a huge arm, but teams that have met with him here in Mobile have really liked him. Given how precise he was and how quickly he was working through progressions, I thought Finley had the cleanest game of the Senior Bowl passers. -- Daniel Jeremiah

Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois: Saunders had the first sack of the game, which wasn't a surprise given how well he's performed all week long. He showed his quickness and was disruptive, recording another pressure later in the game. He reminds me of the way Antwaun Woods played for the Dallas Cowboys this season. I can envision Saunders doing similar things at the next level -- he can hold up at the point of attack and give you a little quickness up the middle. He had as good a week as anybody here. -- Daniel Jeremiah

Andy Isabella, WR, UMass: He had some drops during the week and was a little disappointing in practice. But like his North squad teammate Jones, he saved his best for last, leading all receivers with seven catches for 74 yards and a touchdown on Saturday. He was good after the catch, putting his toughness on display. The team that drafts him is going to love using him on fly sweeps and bubble screens -- just get the ball in his hands and watch him go. -- Daniel Jeremiah

Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas: He has some physical traits that you love, including rare length, and he played really hard today. Some of his big plays were made off of effort and just not quitting on the play. He's not a finished product, but there's a lot to work with, and he helped himself in Mobile. -- Daniel Jeremiah

Bonus: There are a few other guys that I have to mention here. Delaware S Nelson Adderley picked off Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson and made a couple really good tackles in the open field, as well. ... Two former USC Trojans -- CB Iman Marshall and OT Chuma Edoga -- were probably the most consistent guys here all week. They both played well on Saturday. ... Last but not least, UC Davis WR Keelan Doss finished strong after a nice week of practices. He's so smooth, as he showed while making four grabs for 55 yards. -- Daniel Jeremiah

POSTGAME INTERVIEW NOTES: What we learned from Jon Gruden, Drew Lock and more
Gruden's take on QBs: North squad coach Jon Gruden had no shortage of quarterback talent to evaluate this week with Finley, Jones, Missouri's Drew Lock and Penn State's Trace McSorley on his roster. He mentioned a few of them in his postgame remarks.

-- On Lock: "He's exactly as advertised. I thought he had a touchdown pass dropped. He's the real deal -- he's got a great future."

-- On Finley: "(He) is a guy that just grows on you. He doesn't make mistakes. He was a prolific passer at N.C. State. Not a lot of people know about him nationally, but he threw for almost 12,000 yards and a lot of touchdowns in Raleigh."

-- On Jones: "He struggled a little at the end of the first half in the two-minute drill, but you see the arm he possesses, and you can see the mobility. ... He threw two interceptions in 7-on-7 in practice, which is uncommon, but he came back the next day better." -- Chase Goodbread

Learning the hard way: In-helmet communication with a coach is new to Senior Bowl quarterbacks, as it isn't allowed in the college game, and Lock had an interesting first go with pro technology. During a first-quarter drive in which Lock made some impressive throws, he at one point covered his earholes and looked to the sideline to signal a problem.

"We called plays all week verbally, just standing next to each other. And (in the game), it wasn't the normal headsets they use in games -- it was coming from a walkie-talkie coming into our ear," Lock said. "If you didn't enunciate really sharply, you really couldn't hear anything. A couple times I had to cover my ears, looked over, and they knew to say the play again. You can get 75 percent of the play and miss one part, and you don't want to miss that one part."

Lock, who started the game for the North, finished 9 of 14 for 57 yards, and will take away the experience of one game with in-helmet communication.

"It was definitely different. I think it was kind of cool. You don't have to have a wristband, you don't have to look over for signals, you're in the huddle and everyone's waiting for you," Lock said. "I loved being in the huddle and being able to look guys in the eye." -- Chase Goodbread

Sticking with it: Delaware S Nasir Adderley got an early feel for what it's like to have an NFL logo on his helmet. He and two other North squad captains, N.C. State C Garrett Bradbury and Notre Dame LB Drue Tranquill, were given Raiders helmet decals by the Raiders' coaching staff before the game. He picked up a third one for a big play in the first half -- Gruden said he's always liked the college tradition of helmet stickers for playmaking, and brought the tradition to the Senior Bowl.

"I'm leaving it on my helmet -- it's mine to keep. I love the coaching staff -- they're about their business," Adderley said. "They wanted to win this. They said from the beginning, we're here to beat the South. That's it."

Adderley added a fourth-quarter interception to seal a 34-24 win for the North. He was one of the top draft prospects in Mobile and is keenly aware of the buzz that he could be a first-round pick.

"It's all talk until it happens," he said. "I try to just keep my foot on the pedal and tune out all that outside noise." -- Chase Goodbread

Talking a big game: Kentucky CB Lonnie Johnson Jr. doesn't lack for confidence.

After an impressive practice week, Johnson made four tackles in the game Saturday and afterward, said he's come away from the Senior Bowl with a conviction that he's the best cornerback in the 2019 draft.

"I feel like I'm the best corner in the draft. That's what it is. I can tackle, I can cover, and some guys at my position don't even want to tackle," Johnson said. "I stood out. I'm 6-3, I'm 210 pounds, and I'm going to run 4.4 at the combine, so y'all can take it from there."

Johnson said he sensed a good connection with the Chicago Bears in formal interviews this week. -- Chase Goodbread

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Jester #1587166 01/27/19 01:42 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Correction: I mixed up some information about Mack, who is a nice player but Khalen Saunders:

Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois | HT: 6-0 5/8 | WT: 320 | HAND: 8 7/8 | ARM: 32 3/8 | WING: 78 1/2

They're about the same size but Saunders has really impressive footwork and quickness. Really impressive...

He's the dude getting hyped for doing backflips after practice when he got the news that his little girl was born while he was at the Senior Bowl.

Last edited by guard dawg; 01/27/19 01:44 PM.
guard dawg #1587299 01/28/19 11:29 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Of course, Jarrett has to be graded above a rookie. He's demonstrated his abilities against NFL competition. But Jarrett has the benefit of four years of development. BTW, when I
Googled Jarrett to make sure of how long his tenure in the NFL is, I saw that Jessie Tuggle is his father, interesting.

I think Mack and perhaps Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois, have traits that are similar. They both have squatty builds, tremendous lower body power and the ability to collapse a pocket.

Naturally one is a known commodity, but their paths to the League will probably parallel eachothers. Saunders I thought probably helped his draft stock as much as any at the Senior bowl.

[Linked Image]

Jester #1587301 01/28/19 11:34 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was pretty impressed with UC Davis WR Keelan Doss.

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg #1587324 01/28/19 12:39 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Just read an article that said the Browns @ pick #17 may be interested in Elgton Jenkins a center out of Mississippi State.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Just read an article that said the Browns @ pick #17 may be interested in Elgton Jenkins a center out of Mississippi State.

That would blow my mind. If we're not considering guys like Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, Quinnen Williams, Deandre Baker, Dexter Lawrence, Montez Sweat, Devin White, Greedy Williams, or Dremont Jones, I'll be shocked (someone good will be there). Our front seven needs help, and Dorsey puts a premium on CBs. I'd be shocked if we took a second round center with our first pick.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
CalDawg #1587462 01/28/19 05:39 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

That would blow my mind. If we're not considering guys like Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, Quinnen Williams, Deandre Baker, Dexter Lawrence, Montez Sweat, Devin White, Greedy Williams, or Dremont Jones, I'll be shocked (someone good will be there). Our front seven needs help, and Dorsey puts a premium on CBs. I'd be shocked if we took a second round center with our first pick.

Completely agree...While I would agree we need to groom a center for depth...I'm hoping Corbett turns into something at guard or center...That front 7 needs more attention then anything (especially DT and LB) No way do I see Jenkins an option at 17 overall

CalDawg #1587482 01/28/19 08:52 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Greedy Williams won't be there at 17, nor some of the others, but I agree....Jenkins is a quality player, but at 17?

I won't say no chance. I'll say low chance.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
CHSDawg #1587522 01/29/19 04:41 AM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I really like Nasir Adderley. However, I think he goes before our 2nd round pick.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Corbett is being groomed for OC I think.

[Linked Image]

CHSDawg #1587959 01/30/19 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Rounds 3 to 5 are gonna be loaded with hidden gems.

Mourgrym #1588009 01/30/19 03:15 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Rounds 3 to 5 are gonna be loaded with hidden gems.

And we have 6 picks in those rounds ... 2 in the 3rd, 1 in the 4th, and 3 in the 5th thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
CHSDawg #1588014 01/30/19 03:27 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
According to the Denver Post's Mark Kiszla, the "worst kept secret at the Senior Bowl" was that Broncos GM John Elway is "smitten" with Missouri QB Drew Lock.

The Broncos pick at No. 10 overall, behind the also-quarterback-needy Giants (No. 6) and Jaguars (No. 7). Per the Denver Post's Ryan O'Halloran, Elway "barely left the quarterback group" during his three-day stay in Mobile. Lock is highly thought of from an upside standpoint, but he completed under 57 percent of his college throws and struggled against top competition. Incumbent Broncos starter Case Keenum lost a supporter when the team let Gary Kubiak out the door.

Related: Broncos
Source: Denver Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?ls=roto%3anfl%3amorenewsbottom

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
FL_Dawg #1588037 01/30/19 04:10 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Todd Monken's replacement?

CHSDawg #1588192 01/31/19 01:16 AM
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
The guy I liked was Wes Hills #31, RB, Slippery Rock, Division II. Watching practices he impressed me, in the game he had a nice TD run.

guard dawg #1588247 01/31/19 12:45 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Correction: I mixed up some information about Mack, who is a nice player but Khalen Saunders:

Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois | HT: 6-0 5/8 | WT: 320 | HAND: 8 7/8 | ARM: 32 3/8 | WING: 78 1/2

They're about the same size but Saunders has really impressive footwork and quickness. Really impressive...

He's the dude getting hyped for doing backflips after practice when he got the news that his little girl was born while he was at the Senior Bowl.

Saunders flash plays look really nice. Crazy quicks for a big man.

I'm slightly worried he might be too much of a finesse player, though. I know you wouldn't say that to look at him, but I don't really see any bull rush/speed to power usage on his tapes (NDSU, Youngstown State). He either gets by his man fairly cleanly or he generally gets stoned. Don't see him getting much push/collapsing the pocket, especially considering he looks like the biggest "bubble" in the trenches by a large margin. If you never change the line of scrimmage against YSU, not sure if it'll work in the NFL.

He might be able to do it. I just didn't really see it on tape. He looks like he should be able to, I'm just trying to figure out why he didn't.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season 2019 NFL Draft Senior Bowl

Link Copied to Clipboard