Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend

Sure.

I love the purity of the notes from acoustic.

Old blues on acoustic is killer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Burton Cummings is in town this summer...just might go.

https://youtu.be/3RJviuiSoQA

Last edited by bbrowns32; 03/11/19 08:10 AM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My 16 year old is really into the music I listened to back in the day, he found it on his own. Listens to vinyl, starting to build a collection.

Anyway, Kiss is coming to town and we've been kicking around the idea of going to see them. My wife wants to see Pentatonix when they come to town. So ... not close on the spectrum but these two are possibilities for me.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Burton Cummings is in town this summer...just might go.

https://youtu.be/3RJviuiSoQA

I saw him two years ago with a great band behind him. He definitely still has it, voice hasn't changed much in 50 years.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
beautiful theatre

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: clwb419
I have I think 3 concerts scheduled this year so far. I used to do 20-25 a year, but life takes over.

Metric with July Talk
Brandi Carlile
Fitz & the Tantrums, Young the Giant with Alice Merton

It takes over in the sense the music you like doesn't tour as much. As a Senior, I understand that music events aren't aimed at me unless Paul McCartney is doing a tour and rock rock is the pleasure. The best concert I ever saw was Merle Haggard 3 years before he passed. He played a good 45 minutes long. He and the band kept playing....he was feeding off the vibe, it was electic. Even you non country fans would have said WOW! It was a lifetime experience. It really was. One I will never forget.

My wife Pat, a non country music fan walked out of that one saying, WOW! It was that good.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Sometimes you seem self conscious about being a country fan.
Don't be. A great musical performance is just that.... No matter the genre.

Last edited by lampdogg; 03/11/19 09:29 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
I've only been to one show so far this year.

I've seen a soon to not be just a local band Black Coffee a couple times this year.

Red Sun Rising

I've got Sonic Temple in May.
Greta Van Fleet in June.
Louder than Life in September.

I know others will pop up that I'll want to go to.

#gmstrong
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
well we went to Louisville, KY tonight at the Diamond Pub and saw Ice Nine Kills, Palisades, Afterlife, Hawk, and Fall. Pretty good concert, Ice Nine Kills is one of my daughters faves, she loved it. Only about 500 people there, so small concert, but a good one.

Here is a few videos:

Afterlife "Throat"
https://youtu.be/e-hRg9rxQbk

Palisades "Erase the Pain"
https://youtu.be/7mHPAgNABmQ

Ice Nine Kills "IT is the End"
https://youtu.be/8Lt1N2I2z7k

F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
She even got to meet the singer of Afterlife, Tyler Levenson, she was so happy:

F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Just saw Slipknot, Volbeat, Gojira, and Behemoth Friday night in Noblesville, IN at the Rouff Mortgage Music Center. Great place for a concert, loved it. Huge Volbeat fan but was let down, no energy at all. Slipknot was absolutely awesome. My daughter loved the show.

Our next concert is Five Finger Death Punch, 3 Days Grace, and Bad Wolves in November at the Nationwide Arena, can’t wait.

F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Just bought tickets to see Nonpoint and Hyro the Hero, October 11th at the A and R bar. Nonpoint is one of the bands we have wanted to see for awhile.

Legend
Legend
My first concert in 5 years Brantley Gilbert "Not like us tour"

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
If anyone is going to Motionless in White/Beartooth this Friday in Cleveland at the House of Blues, I have two VIP passes I’m giving away. All I need is a name and email and I can have them transferred over to you. You do need two general admission tickets to access the VIP.

All I ask is a few pictures from the concert. Let me know, frenchy101010@yahoo.com

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not concert guy anymore - too many people, too much walking after spinal surgery and having both hips replaced - but if I were, I'd be interested in Matchbox 20 / Wallflowers at Blossom Music Center on August 25. The last time I went to Blossom, it was to see Linda Ronstadt. She was a vision in short cutoff blue jeans, a white peasant blouse, and bare feet. Forty plus years ago, seems like yesterday.

Legend
Legend

Just as I was moving from Reno Van Morrison was playing there. I wanted to go but did not make it. Saw him many moons ago and love his music.

The person I would go very far to see is

Melody Gardot. I have been a music affectionado my whole life. Been fortunate enough to have seen many concerts. Not tied down to any genre. Have long history in jazz but listen to everything.

But this young woman is incredible. She doesn't perform much live because of physical disabilities from a serious accident when she was hit by a car on a bicycle.

What a voice. She has written incredibly beautiful songs.
I will see her if at all possible.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Volbeat and Clutch are going to be in Youngstown on May 5.

I would like to go to Columbus for Metallica-actually my 15 yr old would like to go.

Hoping that Tool comes back around in summer. One of my faves that I haven’t seen

F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
We saw Volbeat last August, we really wanted to see them, they were a huge letdown. No energy at all. Just stood there and played their music.

We are seeing In This Moment / Black Veil Brides in April here in Columbus.

In May we are going to Cincy to see Five Finger Death Punch / Papa Roach / I Prevail / Ice Nine Kills, 14yo daughters favorite band, it will be her 3rd time seeing them.

Hoping to get cheap Sonic Temple GA tickets for the Saturday. Wanna see Slipknot again, and lol, Ice Nine Kills again. We waited really late last year and got them for $25 a ticket.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:
Hoping to get cheap Sonic Temple GA tickets for the Saturday. Wanna see Slipknot again, and lol, Ice Nine Kills again. We waited really late last year and got them for $25 a ticket.

I picked up 2 3 day passes last year in the campground for my son for a case of miller lite.

#gmstrong
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
Quote:

I picked up 2 3 day passes last year in the campground for my son for a case of miller lite.

That’s a helluva deal, they must have really liked Miller Light, lol. Are you going to Sonic Temple this year?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
Quote:

That’s a helluva deal, they must have really liked Miller Light, lol. Are you going to Sonic Temple this year?

Yep! Be there Thursday through Monday camping with a lot of the crew you met at our draft party. If you go, stop on by. Last year they had a few sales where tickets were $1 per day, so I may have gotten the bad end of the deal if they were those tickets.

#gmstrong
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
My current concert list for 2020:

Sonic Temple in Columbus
Roger Waters in Cincinnati
Rammstein in Philadelphia

I may go check out The Blue Stones here in Columbus later this month.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... 2019 Concerts, Going to or have been

Link Copied to Clipboard