Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
I have never understood why anyone would put glorified ketchup on any good steak.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I have never understood why anyone would put glorified ketchup on any good steak.

A good steak at Golden Corral?!? The A1 was necessary just to choke it down!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

A good steak at Golden Corral?!? The A1 was necessary just to choke it down!

I think I ate at Golden Corral once, a long, long time ago. It was one of the buffets, anyway. They had prime rib. It was decent, but for the price, I could go to a decent steak house and have a nice meal.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yes, but you wouldn't have 5,687 side dishes to choose from.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yes, but you wouldn't have 5,687 side dishes to choose from.

or the 56,870 germs people left behind on the tongs.

We went to Golden Corral once, I'm not big on buffets. But this guy was there, sniffling and wiping his nose, and then he proceeded to move around all the bread in the basket with his hand to get to one he wanted.

I stuck to the chicken soup. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Oh, I just prefer Ketchup on steak as opposed to A1 smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I have to say your post upsets me. Why is it people these days think taking things out of your food is a good thing? And often times when they do take things out they charge you more?

Take out the germs and the suddenly the restaurant is more expensive. Take out the gluten and charge more. Take out the cholesterol and add to the price. Take away my sodium at my expense! Take away my lactose and, well you can see the pattern here.

Since when should less cost more? Since when is taking away all the germs and ingredients a good thing?

When I was a kid we ate potted meat and rubbed dirt on cuts to stop the bleeding when we were outside. We drank from the water hose that spiders had been living in during the dry parts of summer. Germs were our friends!

I could go on but society has become a "take ingredients out of my food and charge me more for less" cocoon where germaphobes and sanitized wipes invade our world. Your children will never build up a strong immune system if you never allow them to be exposed to germs.

Meanwhile big business is lining its pockets on products like anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitizer. Why I oughtta.

Last edited by PitDAWG; 03/06/19 12:48 PM.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
"Video shows overturned tables, chairs flipped, a high chair knocked over and AI-bottles on the floor."

Oh, and how come there are Artificial Intelligence Bottles in Golden Corral?

Because there is no natural intelligence in a Golden Corral.

rofl

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I have to say your post upsets me. Why is it people these days think taking things out of your food is a good thing? And often times when they do take things out they charge you more?

Take out the germs and the suddenly the restaurant is more expensive. Take out the gluten and charge more. Take out the cholesterol and add to the price. Take away my sodium at my expense! Take away my lactose and, well you can see the pattern here.

Since when should less cost more? Since when is taking away all the germs and ingredients a good thing?

When I was a kid we ate potted meat and rubbed dirt on cuts to stop the bleeding when we were outside. We drank from the water hose that spiders had been living in during the dry parts of summer. Germs were our friends!

I could go on but society has become a "take ingredients out of my food and charge me more for less" cocoon where germaphobes and sanitized wipes invade our world. Your children will never build up a strong immune system if you never allow them to be exposed to germs.

Meanwhile big business is lining its pockets on products like anti-bacterial wipes and hand sanitizer. Why I oughtta.

I agree with you in some respects...Some germs are good, but germs have also progressed as well, thanks to all the excess sanitizing. So it's not as simple as it was 25-30 years ago where daily bacteria was harmless.

Add all the chemicals they add during the growing process that we then eat, and our bodies have become less efficient at fighting bacteria.

I'm not convinced we really know the long term effects of all the stuff we've done to our food sources.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Well I was being more light hearted and joking in my last response. But that's okay! smile

I do believe that everything from pesticides, insecticides, preservatives, dies and all sorts of other things that have been introduced into our foods have done harm beyond most people's wildest dreams. And a lot of those effects and the price we pay for it won't be known until it's too late.

And you are most certainly correct that germs and diseases have morphed into much more aggressive forms. A lot of that from overuse of antibiotics. It's not really that hard to see.

I'm 60 now. I remember when I was a child it was rare that any of the other kids were allergic to anything. I had never heard of being lactose intolerant. And a gluten allergy? I knew a couple of kids allergic to bee stings and one who was allergic to peanuts. But that was about it.

Now? If a kid isn't allergic to something it's almost considered abnormal. That all didn't happen in just a couple of generation with no outside influence from our food supply.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... 2 arrested in buffet brawl over crab legs

Link Copied to Clipboard