Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Looks like we dodged a bullet - good news.

Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 03/24/19 06:36 PM.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Two more years IMO. If we can't extend him, we would be foolish to not trade him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Two more years IMO. If we can't extend him, we would be foolish to not trade him.

Absolutely agree. There was/is never a chance the Indians were going to be able to sign Lindor to a long term deal. It's the nature of the business being a small market team.

I'd strongly consider moving Kluber after this year as well. Bauer in 2020 as well.

Got to reload the young talent. The Indians only have two players, Triston McKenzie #41 and Nolan Jones #61, in the top 100 MLB prospects for 2019.

C
Legend
Legend
C
If the Padres can afford Manny Machado, the Indians can afford Francisco Lindor. It’s not about being able, it’s wanting to pay that much.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
If the Padres can afford Manny Machado, the Indians can afford Francisco Lindor. It’s not about being able, it’s wanting to pay that much.

Eh, afford vs pay are two different things. A contract like that will limit what the Indians can do to build the rest of the team.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

This exactly while Dolan needs to sell, they just don't have the pockets.. Until then, we will continue being a very well coached farm team for the teams that do

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
C
Legend
Legend
C
To be clear, the owners just don’t want to make less money. That’s their prerogative but let’s not pretend they aren’t making money hand over fist.

L
Legend
Legend
L
they most certainly are, even now with STO rights revenue...they promise they'd spend when in contention..they still havent done that..in fact they've gone backwards this year. They just aren't in it for the love of owning a team..its all about revenue...which is funny because this town would respond if they thought Dolans were serious about building sustainability. Like people said, other small market teams give out big deals...the fact that the biggest deals the dolans have doled out was the 60 million EE deal is telling

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think they are cheap. I am however a bit disappointed that while the window is still open they are semi dismantling the club.

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 03/26/19 04:02 PM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Chin up, Indians fans; MLB.com says we have the best starting rotation in baseball. Remember, if you can get to October, any team can get hot and win it all - it almost happened in 2016. Excerpt to story and link below ...

These are baseball's top 10 rotations

By Anthony Castrovince
3/26/19 1:00 PM EDT

We’re getting primed for the fast-approaching awesomeness of Opening Day by concocting arbitrary lists that cause arguments and prompt hate tweets directed at yours truly. It’s a tradition unlike any other!

We began Monday with the Top 10 bullpens for 2019, continue today with the Top 10 rotations and will wrap up Wednesday with the Top 10 lineups.

In case you haven’t noticed, baseball is changing. Starters don’t go as deep into games, rotations are ever-changing, and now, in a trend that will likely only increase in 2019, we’ve got relievers serving as opening acts in the first inning. So the aura of the great rotation is either more profound than ever or less meaningful than ever, depending on your particular perspective. All we know is that these 10 rotations look pretty good.

1. Indians

The cash-strapped Tribe front office toyed with the idea of breaking up the rotation via trade to augment other areas of the roster. But bringing back adequate value for Corey Kluber or Trevor Bauer, either of whom is capable of winning the American League Cy Young Award this season, proved as difficult in reality as it looks on paper. So the Indians roll into a season with a unit that not only has proven commodities but a ton of potential.

Kluber and the recently extended Carlos Carrasco are coming off a five-year stretch in which they rank fourth and 13th, respectively, in ERA. As far as the potential is concerned, Bauer’s scientific shaping of his slider last season helped him cut his ERA basically in half, and a new changeup could foster further improvement. Mike Clevinger broke out in 2018 with a 200-inning effort and improved strike-throwing confidence. Sophomore fifth starter Shane Bieber was already on a bunch of breakout lists even before he unveiled a new changeup this spring that looks as though it could enhance his repertoire.

Read more at:
https://www.mlb.com/news/baseball-s-top-10-rotations-going-into-2019

Legend
Legend
Following adjustment in delivery midway through 2018, Mike Clevinger's avg fastball velo in Sept. climbed to 94.6 mph. Today, it was at 95.7 mph (97.3 max), per Savant. That seems important for a guy who told me last week his biggest focus this year will be "average velocity."

https://twitter.com/TJZuppe/status/1110652488414302208

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
TJ Zuppe puts out great work, specifically, analytic based information. I was bummed to see him recently let go by The Athletic.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I have seen a lot of "well ya know they have been good the last few years, and still are low in league attendance"

Well yeah, because the Dolans severed a really good relationship between this organization and the people of Cleveland YEARS ago.

They let Manny walk, they let Thome walk. They traded Cy Young award winners in consecutive years.

They make these irresponsible comments about fans showing up and then they'll spend

They constantly make themselves out to be the victim, mind you, in a city where people are struggling financially

The Indians sold out all those games for a number of reasons. The Browns weren't around, the Cavs were a middle of the road organization, yes those are both true points, but the fact was that people showed up in droves to watch this team.

That stopped when the Dolans made it clear that winning was not a priority. Fans have not showed up since. I think that message plays more into attendance than the absence of the Browns or the struggles of the Cavaliers.

Sure, the team went out and got Edwin Encarnacion. That was a move that surprised a lot of people, but it's one move.

I think the thing for me that angers me the most, is that we build up these really good teams, and when things don't work out, they start to scale back. Other teams go out and try to get better. What did we do after the Cubs series? Nothing. What about after the Yankees series?

What about after blowing a 3-1 to the Red Sox in 2007? They did nothing.

The window for the Indians is smaller than the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, etc, so it just seems like they don't want to try and get better because it may change their bottom line.

Then when called out upon by media, fans, they make themselves out to be the victim, that's what I can't stand. They don't care about winning as much as the fans.

Say what you want about Dan Gilbert, but winning was an absolute priority with him. He could have been a real jerk, and not kicked the tires on getting Lebron back. He probably would have made more money not bringing him back and being so far over the cap that he may have gone into the red on the budget.

Say what you want about Randy Lerner and Jimmy Haslam as well, but both of those guys never made money and finance an issue.

I don't believe baseball teams should sell out every game. I think there's something really awesome, and really cool about being able to just call your buddy on a whim and head down that day for a ball game. But the fans of this team have made it clear that they want the Dolans to hurt at the gate, because their STO numbers are incredible. One of the better ratings in the league. The message is clear that they aren't doing enough to bring what is now, baseball's biggest WS drought to an end.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Time to move along.

Indians 2019 preseason is over.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...