Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Future Headline: "Dawg Duty get his ass handed to him in California Gay bar for using the term Girly Men! See Video Below"

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
This whole census question is nothing more that GOP gerrymandering on a new level.

Then what is wanting to extend the vote to illegals? To incarcerated felons? etc?

Haven't heard anybody say that illegals should have voting rights. The incarcerated felons thing is a constitutional debate. Personally I don't care either way because inmates will vote across the board so that's not gerrymandering IMHO.

If you don't believe illegals should have voting Rights than why should they be counted when determining Representation? I get that some areas need additional funding to deal with the negative impact of illegal immigration. But I view that as a separate issue from the number of allocated seats in the House.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Quote:
This whole census question is nothing more that GOP gerrymandering on a new level.

Then what is wanting to extend the vote to illegals? To incarcerated felons? etc?

Haven't heard anybody say that illegals should have voting rights. The incarcerated felons thing is a constitutional debate. Personally I don't care either way because inmates will vote across the board so that's not gerrymandering IMHO.

If you don't believe illegals should have voting Rights than why should they be counted when determining Representation? I get that some areas need additional funding to deal with the negative impact of illegal immigration. But I view that as a separate issue from the number of allocated seats in the House.

Why shouldn't they be represented as part of the greater communities they live in? A lot of these 'illegals' pay the same taxes you do. They don't have the personal right to vote and I agree with that, but congressional representation is not an individual thing, it's a community thing. This is just an extension of the GOP's persecution of the other. They want to transfer more congressional power to districts that vote republican. Ohio has a huge illegal population, so you better be careful what you wish for because the GOP run state already sucks ass. Less money for roads, schools, and hospitals is not going to help that.

Other than a few sanctuary cities, this will hit the GOP as hard or harder if you just want it for representation. Illegals live in conservative areas too, I'd say more so between the coast.

Trump and company just want to create bad will towards hispanic people, this is why they want this so bad. It's just another wedge to divide us. Supporting Trump is the hill y'all decided to die on, the GOP is over.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/26/19 10:57 PM.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

Why shouldn't they be represented as part of the greater communities they live in? A lot of these 'illegals' pay the same taxes you do. They don't have the personal right to vote and I agree with that, but congressional representation is not an individual thing, it's a community thing. This is just an extension of the GOP's persecution of the other. They want to transfer more congressional power to districts that vote republican. Ohio has a huge illegal population, so you better be careful what you wish for because the GOP run state already sucks ass. Less money for roads, schools, and hospitals is not going to help that.

Other than a few sanctuary cities, this will hit the GOP as hard or harder if you just want it for representation. Illegals live in conservative areas too, I'd say more so between the coast.

Trump and company just want to create bad will towards hispanic people, this is why they want this so bad. It's just another wedge to divide us. Supporting Trump is the hill y'all decided to die on, the GOP is over.

You don't even know what your talking about. Illegal aliens cost the USA about 140 billion dollars lost from from taxes. That's 9-11 every single friggin year.

What taxes do you think illegals with no social security number are paying? It sure isn't income taxes unless they are committing tax fraud and identity theft. What's one more felony right? Never mind that businesses pay much lower wages in areas with large pools of illegal labor. So not only are job taken away from people who deserve those jobs as American citizens but the jobs become so undervalued that normal citizens can't earn a decent living at them after a while because of the wage being driven down. Businesses then get used to not paying a fair wage for work that is done and value the employees even less because they are easily replaceable by illegal labor. Thus even more tax wages are loss because people making a living wage on honest pay for honest work pay a LOT more in taxes.

Also your pretty racist to think it's only Hispanics are here illegally. There are a lot of russians and asians here illegally too. Of course many of them came here against their will. Maybe, just maybe if we could secure our southern border we could put more effort into securing out interior and actually making out country safer by doing a normal thing a country does all over the rest of the world by simply knowing who is in your country and getting rid of the ones who are not there legally.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
The census is to calculate US citizens not people who are here illegally and who should not be counted towards a state's legal representatives. Only legal citizens should be counted towards the census.

Then again liberal states love to use illegal aliens to cast fake votes to begin with so that criminals can help to run their states. Then they wonder why they keep falling apart.

Show me that in the constitution.

Or here is this:

The U.S. Constitution empowers the Congress to carry out the census in "such manner as they shall by Law direct" (Article I, Section 2). The Founders of our fledgling nation had a bold and ambitious plan to empower the people over their new government. The plan was to count every person living in the newly created United States of America, and to use that count to determine representation in the Congress.

https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/decennial-census/about/census-constitution.html

But if you seen it on Fox News it must be true.

Again you show your ignorance. It's been on the long form of the census for a very long time now. Comparing the original census when we didn't even have clearly defined borders or even territories or states for that matter to this day in time is just silly.

Here are some stats for you. Even as far back as 2003 18 million illegal aliens took over influence of over 29 congressional seats. That is a FACT. It literally changed the political landscape by GIVING california 6 new seats in the house of congress.

So you have California gaining representation because of illegal aliens and stripping them away from other states and US citizens. Those are real Americans losing their voice to THEIR government to lawbreakers and thieves who stole their way in and then lie to stay in and keep breaking the laws of our country.

Yet you sit there in ignorance with the audacity to say these criminals are a benefit to our country and to real Americans? Please just stop. American has suffered enough.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Quote:

You don't even know what your talking about. Illegal aliens cost the USA about 140 billion dollars lost from from taxes. That's 9-11 every single friggin year.

What taxes do you think illegals with no social security number are paying? It sure isn't income taxes unless they are committing tax fraud and identity theft. What's one more felony right? Never mind that businesses pay much lower wages in areas with large pools of illegal labor. So not only are job taken away from people who deserve those jobs as American citizens but the jobs become so undervalued that normal citizens can't earn a decent living at them after a while because of the wage being driven down. Businesses then get used to not paying a fair wage for work that is done and value the employees even less because they are easily replaceable by illegal labor. Thus even more tax wages are loss because people making a living wage on honest pay for honest work pay a LOT more in taxes.

Also your pretty racist to think it's only Hispanics are here illegally. There are a lot of russians and asians here illegally too. Of course many of them came here against their will. Maybe, just maybe if we could secure our southern border we could put more effort into securing out interior and actually making out country safer by doing a normal thing a country does all over the rest of the world by simply knowing who is in your country and getting rid of the ones who are not there legally.

I never said hispanics are the only illegals, but when is the last time you heard Trump mention those darned illegal Russians?

And many illegals use fake SSNs to get jobs. Their checks are taxed. I know not all, for the ones working under the table the blame should be placed squarely on the employer 100%. BUT income tax is only one of many taxes you pay. They pay all the other taxes too.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

"Why shouldn't they be represented as part of the greater communities they live in? A lot of these 'illegals' pay the same taxes you do. They don't have the personal right to vote and I agree with that,"

This is easily one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Please explain Professor how creating an entire class of people who can't vote = representation within the political structure?

Oh.. I see... they get their representation through the overseers of a certain political party. Why should they worry about speaking for themselves when the Democrats can speak for them (language barriers not withstanding). Sounds an awful like exploitation...

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The census is to calculate US citizens not people who are here illegally and who should not be counted towards a state's legal representatives. Only legal citizens should be counted towards the census.

Then again liberal states love to use illegal aliens to cast fake votes to begin with so that criminals can help to run their states. Then they wonder why they keep falling apart.

Or here is this:

The U.S. Constitution empowers the Congress to carry out the census in "such manner as they shall by Law direct" (Article I, Section 2). The Founders of our fledgling nation had a bold and ambitious plan to empower the people over their new government. The plan was to count every person living in the newly created United States of America, and to use that count to determine representation in the Congress.

https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/decennial-census/about/census-constitution.html

Again you show your ignorance. It's been on the long form of the census for a very long time now. Comparing the original census when we didn't even have clearly defined borders or even territories or states for that matter to this day in time is just silly.

Here are some stats for you. Even as far back as 2003 18 million illegal aliens took over influence of over 29 congressional seats. That is a FACT. It literally changed the political landscape by GIVING california 6 new seats in the house of congress.

So you have California gaining representation because of illegal aliens and stripping them away from other states and US citizens. Those are real Americans losing their voice to THEIR government to lawbreakers and thieves who stole their way in and then lie to stay in and keep breaking the laws of our country.

Yet you sit there in ignorance with the audacity to say these criminals are a benefit to our country and to real Americans? Please just stop. American has suffered enough.

You sound like every bigot I've ever seen. I thought you were some big Christian, but your views of your fellow man sound pretty damnable to me. The overwhelming majority of these people only want to work and contribute to society while escaping a much worse existence in their home countries. That is something you would condemn them for... The difference between you and me is that no part of me is ignorant like you just called me.

It's one thing to state your view, or dislike the 'illegal law breakers' for actually breaking the law, but you seem to seethe a putrid hatred that you only want to justify with that rhetoric. WWJD? Not act like you.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 04/27/19 12:12 AM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I never said hispanics are the only illegals, but when is the last time you heard Trump mention those darned illegal Russians?

And many illegals use fake SSNs to get jobs. Their checks are taxed. I know not all, for the ones working under the table the blame should be placed squarely on the employer 100%. BUT income tax is only one of many taxes you pay. They pay all the other taxes too.

You know who else pays "all the other taxes too"? Tourists. I guess you want to let them vote as well right? Oh, what about foreign companies who have businesses here too. They pay a ton of those other taxes as well through their commerce.. maybe their Board of Directors should be able to vote too?

-Jack Burton

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

You know who else pays "all the other taxes too"? Tourists. I guess you want to let them vote as well right? Oh, what about foreign companies who have businesses here too. They pay a ton of those other taxes as well through their commerce.. maybe their Board of Directors should be able to vote too?

When did I say let them vote? I want them counted on the census because they live where they live. But don't let facts stop your rant.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Quote:

"Why shouldn't they be represented as part of the greater communities they live in? A lot of these 'illegals' pay the same taxes you do. They don't have the personal right to vote and I agree with that,"

This is easily one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Please explain Professor how creating an entire class of people who can't vote = representation within the political structure?

Oh.. I see... they get their representation through the overseers of a certain political party. Why should they worry about speaking for themselves when the Democrats can speak for them (language barriers not withstanding). Sounds an awful like exploitation...

Let me put this in TROG (dumbed down) for you...

Do you think illegals ONLY live where libs serve in congress? Answer: No

Do you think illegals will check a box on the census that says they are here illegally just to be counted? Answer: No

Do you think people living in those communities that are legal or citizens should be punished and lose government funding because illegals are afraid to be counted? Answer: You don't think that way

Do you think a representative in congress, any one of them, only represents illegal immigrants in their district? Answer: No

Did you know there are 321,000 unauthorized people in North Carolina? Answer: my guess is probably not

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/data/unauthorized-immigrant-population/state/NC

Will you be good losing funding or a congressional seat or two? Answer: nope

Do you despise those dirty sanctuary cities the liberals devils run that Fox News tells you about over and over every day? Answer: Yup, I hates em so much that I'd vote for crap that kicks me in the nads ifin Trump told me to...

smh@u

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Or here is this:

You sound like every bigot I've ever seen. I thought you were some big Christian, but your views of your fellow man sound pretty damnable to me. The overwhelming majority of these people only want to work and contribute to society while escaping a much worse existence in their home countries. That is something you would condemn them for... The difference between you and me is that no part of me is ignorant like you just called me.

It's one thing to state your view, or dislike the 'illegal law breakers' for actually breaking the law, but you seem to seethe a putrid hatred that you only want to justify with that rhetoric. WWJD? Not act like you.

Jesus would say obey the laws and render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. He would also tell them not to lie, bear false witness, steal, etc.

I treat criminals as criminals. I treat immigrants as immigrants. People who come here illegally are not immigrants but criminals who broke the law and should be punished for breaking the law. It's not complicated.

Then again why even have laws if your not going to enforce them. Hell why have congress for that matter. I mean if they write laws but no one enforces those laws then why even give them a job to begin with. I am just so seriously tired of the lack of reasoning and logic ability some people seriously show.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
The Sheep and the Goats

31When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His glorious throne. 32All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the people one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will place the sheep on His right and the goats on His left.

34Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, 36I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me.’

37Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You something to drink? 38When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39When did we see You sick or in prison and visit You?’

40And the King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me.’

41Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, I was naked and you did not clothe Me, I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44And they too will reply, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’

45Then the King will answer, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me.’

46And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

I'm the Atheist... and I see the fault in your thinking in a more Christian way than you probably ever will because hate has blinded you to the truth of your own beliefs.

P
Legend
Legend
P
They don't want them to be counted in order to punish sanctuary cities and states by cutting their government funding. It's a classic right wing deal. "Do as we say or be punished."

Most of them have no idea who all this will actually impact and where they live.

Source: Immigration and Customs Enforcement Data

States

California
Colorado
Illinois
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New Mexico
Oregon
Vermont

Cities and Counties

California

Alameda County
Berkley
Contra Costa County
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles
Monterey County
Napa County
Oakland
Riverside County
Sacramento County
San Bernardino County
San Diego County
San Francisco
San Francisco County
San Mateo County
Santa Ana
Santa Clara County
Santa Cruz County
Sonoma County
Watsonville

Colorado

Arapahoe County
Aurora
Boulder County
Denver
Denver County
Garfield County
Grand County
Jefferson County
Larimer County
Mesa County
Pitkin County
Pueblo County
Routt County
San Miguel County
Weld County

Connecticut

East Haven
Hartford

Florida

Alachua County

Georgia

Clayton County
DeKalb County

Iowa

Benton County
Cass County
Fremont County
Greene County
Ida County
Iowa City
Iowa City, Johnson County
Jefferson County
Marion County
Monona County
Montgomery County
Pottawattamie County
Sioux County

Illinois

Chicago
Cook County

Kansas

Butler County
Harvey County

Louisiana

New Orleans

Massachusetts

Amherst
Boston
Cambridge
Concord
Lawrence
Newton
Northhampton
Somerville

Maryland

Baltimore
Montgomery County
Prince George's County

Michigan

Ingham County
Kalamazoo County
Kent County
Wayne County

Minnesota

Hennepin County

Mississippi

Jackson

Nebraska

Hall County
Sarpy County

New Jersey

Newark

New Mexico

Bernalillo County
New Mexico County Jails
San Miguel

Nevada

Washoe County

New York

Albany
Franklin County
Ithaca
Nassau County
New York City
Omondaga County
St. Lawrence County
Wayne County

North Carolina

Buncombe County
Durham County
Forsyth County
Mecklenburg County
Orange County
Wake County

Ohio

Franklin County

Oregon

Baker County
Clackamas County
Clatsop County
Coos County
Crook County
Curry County
Deschutes County
Douglas County
Gilliam County
Grant County
Hood River County
Jackson County
Jefferson County
Josephine County
Lane Countyn
Lincoln County
Linn County
Malheur County
Marion County
Marlon County
Multnomah County
Polk County
Sherman County
Springfield
Tillamok County
Umatilla County
Union County
Wallowa County
Wasco County
Washington County
Wheeler County
Yamhill County

Pennsylvania

Bradford County
Bucks County
Butler County
Chester County
Clarion County
Delaware County
Erie County
Franklin County
Lehigh County
Lycoming County
Montgomery County
Montour County
Perry County
Philadelphia
Pike County
Westmoreland County

Rhode Island

Providence, Rhode Island
Rhode Island Department of Corrections

Virginia

Arlington County
Chesterfield County
Fairfax County

Vermont

Burlington
Montpelier
Winooski

Washington

Chelan County
Clallam County
Clark County
Cowlitz County
Franklin County
Jefferson County
King County
Kitsap County
Pierce County
San Juan County
Skagit County
Snohomish County
Spokane County
Seattle
Thurston County
Walla Walla County
Wallowa County
Whatcom County
Yakima County

https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities-Counties-and-States

In some cases they will hit those they actually wish to target. In other cases it will hurt some states and places they narrowly won in 2016. In the end they'll shoot themselves in the foot by not fully thinking this thing through.

It's what happens when Trumpian emotions and poor impulse control dictate your actions.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
They don't want them to be counted in order to punish sanctuary cities and states by cutting their government funding. It's a classic right wing deal. "Do as we say or be punished."

It's what happens when Trumpian emotions and poor impulse control dictate your actions.

Or perhaps it's really just a case of I don't want my taxes spent on illegal aliens and I don't want states to gain congressmen for people who are not citizens and should be kicked out instead of encouraged to disregard our laws by thinking that our laws don't apply to them.

Maybe we just want people to be treated fairly by the law and for those who break the law to be punished when they do.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I didn't know trying to not count people who actually live in the U.S. was the law.

cen·sus
/ˈsensəs/
noun
noun: census; plural noun: censuses

an official count or survey of a population, typically recording various details of individuals.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Personally I think we should have the census. It's not a new thing, it was around before.

We also need to have a mandatory voter ID law in all states and all elections in order to properly vote. There's no reason to disagree with that.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Personally I think we should have the census. It's not a new thing, it was around before.

We also need to have a mandatory voter ID law in all states and all elections in order to properly vote. There's no reason to disagree with that.

I have zero issue with voter ID as long as it is an easily accessible free ID that can be issued in a very timely same day manner. As long as we are not using it to suppress any group of legal voters vote, I'm all for it.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I honestly don't think we need a census. Just force all citizens to have a national ID and make it free and mandatory to update the living address on it.

At the end of the year let the federal databases update where those citizens live and boom instant census of the legal voters of the country. Adjust house delegates accordingly and automatically.

Want to vote then have your national ID on hand. Instant end to voter fraud.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You need to count every person living in the country. Children getting IDs? Non-citizens? Prisoners? Not to mention that the constitution calls for a census... but hey why let that stand in the way of the GOPer agenda?

I'd like to know where all the tea party people are while the constitution is getting trampled on by the right.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You need to count every person living in the country. Children getting IDs? Non-citizens? Prisoners? Not to mention that the constitution calls for a census... but hey why let that stand in the way of the GOPer agenda?

I'd like to know where all the tea party people are while the constitution is getting trampled on by the right.

Kids can have a national ID that is also used for a school ID. Imagine that. Having to be a US citizen to spend US tax dollars. Terrible right?

Non citizens can't legally vote and neither can felons so no they don't need to be represented.

Perhaps you could educate yourself on the changes made to the census and why they were made. Our forefathers new the constitution would need to change and adapt to changing times. Thus we have amendments and new laws passed. Don't let the facts and logic get in your way though.

Legend
Legend

More like being goose stepped upon. The press is being burnt faster than books during the Nazi era.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The Supreme Court Is Poised to Shred Its Credibility to Let Trump Rig the Census

Link Copied to Clipboard