Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This should be interesting ..... wink

This should be juicy: Raiders, Antonio Brown chosen for HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks’ - cleveland.com
https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/...ard-knocks.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- It seems just like yesterday we were introduced to Devon Cajuste, Brogan Roback, Bob Wylie and Carl Nassib’s fuzzy math on the Browns season on “Hard Knocks.”

Who will be the breakout stars of the next season of the HBO docuseries? We'll find out starting August 6 when the show's 14th season premieres. This much is certain: they will be Oakland Raiders.

“If you’re a fan of football or great storytelling, 'Hard Knocks' with the Oakland Raiders is going to be must-see television," says HBO Sports executive vice president in a release. “We are so grateful to this storied franchise for opening up its doors and allowing HBO and NFL Films to spend the summer with the Raiders in what promises to be a compelling and engaging training camp.”

Added Raiders owner Mark Davis, “Everybody wants to be a Raider. Now they’ll find out what it takes to become one.”

The decision seems like a no-brainer-- the Raiders were chosen over the New York Giants, Washington Redskins, San Francisco 49ers and Detroit Lions. Oakland’s cast of characters should make the upcoming season appointment television. Former Steelers malcontent Antonio Brown, frequently suspended Vontaze Burfict and (reformed?) bully Richie Incognito are each compelling enough to command behind-the-scenes shows of their own.

The team also has a former TV analyst turned freshman GM in Mike Mayock and old-school head coach Jon Gruden trying to prove time hasn’t passed him by. Another storyline adding to the drama: the Raiders’ impending move to Las Vegas in 2020.

If history is any indication, the team should benefit from the cameras at training camp. Seven of the last nine teams featured on “Hard Knocks,” including the Browns, equaled or improved their record from the year before. The Raiders finished in last place in the AFC West in 2018 at 4-12.

The Browns season of “Hard Knocks,” by the way, recently won two Emmys. However, none of the show’s breakout stars -- Cajuste, Roback, Wylie or Nassib -- are still with the team.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
With all the personalities in that building and perceived upcoming drama, the Raiders were probably a good choice.

Also, I didn't realize the Browns' Hard Knocks won Emmys.

C
Legend
Legend
C
A perfect choice

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
“We are so grateful to this storied franchise for opening up its doors and allowing HBO and NFL Films to spend the summer with the Raiders in what promises to be a compelling and engaging training camp.”

I had to read that part over. At first glance I thought it said, "steroid franchise".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I personally don't care for this glorified reality TV, even if it does have to do with the NFL. That said, I can understand the appeal of picking the Raiders and all the personalities there.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
A perfect choice

I agree. Last year was the first year I watched the show. I'll be watching again this year.

M
Legend
Legend
M
No surprise. Raiders were the right choice and obvious choice.

Legend
Legend
Slydexai strikes again. Yours is funny! This should be a field day for HBO & Co.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Raiders to be on Hard Knocks

Link Copied to Clipboard