Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
One thing that really irritates me is when I see a person coming out of a store, and wait for their spot. I sit there, with my turn signal on, and wait for them to pull out. As soon as I start to turn, here comes someone from the other direction .... doing about 40 in the parking lot, and diving into the spot I have been waiting for. flamingmad

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

"too many notes, not enough music-"
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Were you j/c? I actually agreed w/you.

I replied to your post, but It was actually meant for the other guy, just wanted to include your comments.

T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. This occurance is more common, so common it's almost impossible to realize how often because it sneaks in.

You could be anywhere, in a grocery store, at a stadium, in a parking lot, at a fireworks display, riding a public transit, or anywhere really, maybe on DT, or watching network TV, or helping a friend move, in a classroom, sitting down to eat in a cafeteria or cafe in a mall; you could be anywhere, hunting, getting your car fixed, getting ready to sleep, opening up presents on Chritmas day or fighting traffic, or at a meeting at work.

Then a common occurrence I suddenly realize I'm in the middle of someone trying to tell me that if you just did "X" it would be safer, or if you just did "X" things would be more efficient, or somehow better, Even If Everythings Alright as it is currently,

You'll find maybe it's a "doctor" or an "official" or someone just sayin "hey do this" and wouldn't everything be a slight bit better?

AND I SAY, NO!
Things are fine the way they are, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS,

And then I realize, ya'know, 1 out of 100 times, that it was just government propaganda, disguised.

And it really Grates My Nerves!

There is nothing they can help they only hurt. Almost, most of the time.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah, we all share stories and that's cool. But some people always have to do the one-upsmanship thing. Time and time again they have to remind how much more interesting their life is than ours and how they are so much better than the rest of us peons. The thing is that most of us just roll are eyes and don't invite the dude to hang out. LOL

A
Legend
Legend
A
We have a really good friend like that. His kid was the best at whatever he did. Heard all the time how the coaches here don't know the game, don't coach, etc.

He was the best wrestler, except he didn't wrestle here even in jr. high.

Best qb, even though he didn't play his jr. and sr. year.

Best shooter on the bb team, even though he didn't play as a jr. or sr.

Best at everything, even baseball.

The parents are very good friends of ours, so we just listen.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Oh yeah...........we've all seen parents like that. I think they do more harm to the child than good, but that is for another story.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yeah, we all share stories and that's cool. But some people always have to do the one-upsmanship thing. Time and time again they have to remind how much more interesting their life is than ours and how they are so much better than the rest of us peons. The thing is that most of us just roll are eyes and don't invite the dude to hang out. LOL

Well, when I was out enjoying my weekend on my 50 foot yacht, my private secretary called me and said that the President needed me at the Pentagon, and could I please come in and deal with an emergency situation. Now bear in mind that I don't even work for the government .... but I figured I better do so. My private helicopter flew me to my private airport, where I boarded my private jet, and off I went.

Anyway, long story short, I saved the country from thermonuclear war. Again.

I mean, I understand that I was needed, but man, I hate it when my weekend gets ruined like that.

tongue rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
rofl

D
Legend
Legend
D
I just got a call from Jen Aniston (I call her "Jen") asking me if I wanted to come over tonight and I said "Sorry babe, I'm making chili. No can do.". So she gets a little snippy with me, saying well at least I could have invited her over, which got on my nerve. Come on woman, get your own food!

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
I just went to great northern mall to Dick's sporting goods and I swear if you did not know any better it was black Friday. I couldn't find a parking spot.

I came home and my wife said what's us you look frazzled and I told her how crazy it was.

She said Oh I forgot to tell you that this is tax free weekend.

It was madness

D
Legend
Legend
D
Its fantasy football season and I have two teams that I'll be drafting for in the next couple weeks. I like to prep by using the ESPN mock drafts at least a couple times to reacquaint myself with the draft format and to get a feel for how the draft will unfold. Without fail, there's at least 3-4 guys who will join the mock draft and then leave without setting the autopick function, causing the rest of us drafting to wait the full 2 minutes every time his pick comes up. He could have easily have set autopick to make his pick immediately when his turn came around but no, he can't be bothered with how his actions or inactions affect people around him.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Dave
Its fantasy football season and I have two teams that I'll be drafting for in the next couple weeks. I like to prep by using the ESPN mock drafts at least a couple times to reacquaint myself with the draft format and to get a feel for how the draft will unfold. Without fail, there's at least 3-4 guys who will join the mock draft and then leave without setting the autopick function, causing the rest of us drafting to wait the full 2 minutes every time his pick comes up. He could have easily have set autopick to make his pick immediately when his turn came around but no, he can't be bothered with how his actions or inactions affect people around him.

Paragraphs giving you trouble, Dave? wink

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
J/c

When the water won’t get hot enough to comfortably shower/shave

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Originally Posted By: Dave

Paragraphs giving you trouble, Dave? wink

Not at all. One theme, one paragraph.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I'm reviving this thread because I was reminded of something while reading another thread.

I really hate it when some guy wears too much cologne or a woman has on too much perfume. You know what I'm talking about, right? They wear so much that it slaps you upside your face and completely engulfs your entire head and you are caught in a catacomb of stank.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
We have a friends and the wife is a roaring Liberal. Docent like guns, docent like Trump, Michelle Obama is her idol, won't watch forged in fire because its too violent, bullies her husband. He lets her. She kind of like a Female OCD. ...Very annoying.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This is not a political thread. It's meant to be lighthearted.

Legend
Legend
people who camp in the left lane.

its infuriating. move your slow ass to the right.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Common Occurrences that Grate Your Nerves!

Link Copied to Clipboard