Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
This is about, this is about, this is about the Stupidiest thing to broadcast in the entirety of sports,

Sure, after this stage the all day, unenventful finale of the near month long event, the Person who is winning for the last time will be the events winner,

But, Notoriously, the entire competition is decided on the days before this, in the mountain stages, where the time differentials are decided.

This is literally, Very close to literally

As If you decided to Broadcast a football game, any football game,
Beginning when the teams walk off the field from the final snap,

Or, Beginning to broadcast a football game after the players got together and dumped the Gatorade bucket over their coaches head,

Or AT LEAST, it's about like beginning a football Broadcast after one team begins the Kneel down formation for the final 3 snaps to wind down the clock after the game is decided.

Did they cover the other 21 stages, oh yeah but only on some crazy cable channel, they put this part on Regular NBC network and this stage alone?

It's completely ridiculous

There is virtually no strategy or actual racing going on in a final stage, with the exception of sprinters points, which in an average year may already be decided anyway it really doesn't matter, at all.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 07/28/19 03:13 PM. Reason: title spelling.
Legend
Legend
I don’t know much about cycling, but it seems like this is tantamount to not showing the first 95% of a football game, and then just showing the kneel down

Unless there’s a weird circumstance and it’s that neck and neck I guess

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Legend
Legend
F
Maybe it's because no one watches and rating suck?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I don’t know much about cycling, but it seems like this is tantamount to not showing the first 95% of a football game, and then just showing the kneel down

Unless there’s a weird circumstance and it’s that neck and neck I guess

No, the kneel down was moved to the start of the game.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
NBC's sport coverage has always sucked. Have you ever seen the Olympics?

I'm sure the decision was made by some executive team in suits, who know nothing about the sport, didn't bother asking anybody about it and were like, "Let's cover the last stage! I'm sure that's where all the drama is."

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NBC broadcasting the 21st of 21 stages of the Tour de France.

Link Copied to Clipboard