Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
Legend
Legend
E
You are right Vers...Baker just isn't that good... rolleyes

A better view of assessing Baker would be those "STATS" for Baker in the last 8 games under Kitchens rather than Haley...

Also as far as completion percentage Baker totally threw a better more accurate ball than Tyrod but I was amazed that the drops still continued. Tyron would be a throw well behind the WR who would get his hands on it but not catch it. Baker would put it right at the numbers and they would drop it.

I tried to logically find a reason for this...the only one I could come up with is Haley looked like a WCO type of routes short routes and that most receivers were punch drunk on getting hit so much right after getting the ball thrown to them that when Baker came on the ball was more accurate but the mental flinch was there.

Also in reflecting on Baker the last two seasons we had some pretty useful Rookie QBs...2017 and 2018...a better assessment of Baker would have had his rankings in those areas with the rookie Starting QBs of 2017 along with the 2018 ones. Which we can better be EXCITED about our Franchise QB rather than the obvious oh so obvious attempt by you to put down this QB any which way...smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: bonefish

As far as the question regarding system quarterback.

Coming from college that may have been a question.

However, at this point I don't think it applies. One season under two OC's as a rookie. Mayfield had enough on his plate just to learn the playbook.

Then learn all the different receivers.

Baker at this point is adjusting to life in the NFL and doing what the coaches are asking him to do.

Nice response w/out the stupid personality angles that Pit and others like to use.

And after thinking about it for awhile, I would have to say I agree w/you.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab

Yes, that is what he said.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
lol....!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: eotab

Yes, that is what he said.

Well if you read the board that is what he has steadfastly implied since we drafted him...and these stats brought up are to do what? Imply what? how average he is? But that is all you read from me right? I know poor Vers always the victim...lol laugh

I said his stats after Kitchens took over better define him. I said instead of ranking him vs all the NFL to EVALUATE what kind of Average QB we got how bout rate those numbers against all the rookie QBs who started in 2017 and 2018...where does he stand?

Just what did those stats imply Cap....what did you come away with after being enlightened with those stats. What was the purpose. Vers pretty much hates Baker...he has said he will swallow his pride and grace us with rooting for him cause he is a Brown. He continues to scroll the internet for any negative assessment on Baker...not cause he is a big Browns' fan but pretty much to back his negative remarks on him. So yes, if you follow the board that is exactly what he is saying...that according to the stats Baker is just Average at best.

But Its me....lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I was reading another thread and a unit was being criticized because some of the dudes on it were only average. This led me to think about how a poster has negatively critiqued Landry's stats. Both of these things got me to wondering about Baker's stats. So, I did a quick look. Here are some interesting--and relevant--ones.

Completion percentage: 24th [Not good]

QB Record: 23rd in percentage. [Not good]

TD Percentage: 11th: [Decent]

Interception Percentage: 25th [Not good]

Game Winning Drives: 7th [Good]

Rate: 19th [Below average[

QBR: 22nd [Not very good]

I got these stats from https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm

I do want to add that I included some of Baker's positive stats, much unlike the stats that were provided for Landry.

I think some false pictures are being painted about just how well certain members and units of our team performed last year.

Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I forgot to add an important one.

Yards per Attempt: 12th [Decent]

To me, these stats are actually pretty amazing. Put it in context. The team had won 1 game in its last 34+. There was infighting between the coaches which we'd find out later. Offensive line wasn't giving enough time, receivers couldn't run routes or catch balls because they were always being let out of practice, team was down 0-10 in the game, and so on.

To be able to come into that situation, as a rookie, without having gotten any first team reps, is pretty daunting. It's incredible he did as well as he did. Ditto with being roughly middle-of-the-road in traditional stats during that season (which improved immensely once we got a couple coaches in there who knew what they were doing.)

Legend
Legend
BINGO... Thanks alne

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
And despite all the talk about me from guys like you, Baker's stats have not changed.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
And those yearly stats never will....but along the stats for losers theme....5-2 for team which had gone 1-gazillion. Rookie record for TDs in how many games....stats for losers...JMHO, I didn't want the run from cops jerk, but HE'S a WINNER....go Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Interesting Baker Stats

Link Copied to Clipboard