Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I've said it many times. Stop lying, little bro.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The problem is, this generation no longer understands what a Democrat looks like. If you're not some far left progressive they don't think you count.

Meanwhile Biden leads the field of candidates by a mile. In today's world losing touch has been seen as a good thing.

It's funny how the people they seem to support spent the last debate attacking Biden on Obama's record. How quickly they forget.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Sorry but that post is...smh.

My honest opinion?

Quote:
Yet another posting talking about how big ole meanies are gonna “Force” conservatives to vote for a racist again.

No, not because they are big ole meanies.. because some of them are off the rails to the left...

Quote:
Take a hard look at your post. You just acknowledge that the right are a bunch of babies who will throw a tantrum if they don’t get their way and attention.

Yep, the left has been the model of maturity for the last 20 years.. rofl

yebat' Putin
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Meanwhile Biden leads the field of candidates by a mile. In today's world losing touch has been seen as a good thing.

Hmmm...Didn't Sanders lead in the Dem race? Didn't Clinton lead in the General?

Point is...don't buy stock on what these pollsters are telling you. And, have you ever been polled? I certainly haven't...so who the hell are these people who are getting asked to participate in these polls?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not going to ignore a 2 to 1 margin.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The problem is, this generation no longer understands what a Democrat looks like. If you're not some far left progressive they don't think you count.

That's because the current baby boomer Dem is status quo politics that won't have the spine to really make significant change. They want to appeal a bit to the left and a bit to the right. Baby steps...rather than leaps. Biden wants to be like Obama, but he will prob be more like a Bill Clinton or Carter. But, what he won't be is his own person. He is shaping himself around a mould that was already made rather than choosing his own path and leading the way.

The changes people like Sanders want to make (and no, I am not endorsing Sanders by using him as an example), are significant and long reaching. They will take a leader who has the backbone to fight and push for them, but also to change the narrative of the country. People and society are organic...it is constantly moving, changing, shifting and growing. Biden isn't endorsing that movement nor change. He wants to keep it static.

P
Legend
Legend
P
How many on the right want healthcare for all? How many on the right want to work to decrease college debt? How many on the right really want significant climate change legislation?

Nah, you're painting the picture you want to see.

Many seem to advocate programs designed in ways to only increase the divide. Let me tell you what that will accomplish. Four, or eight years after 2020, when Republicans would be in charge yet again, all of those programs will be scrapped. They'll land on the junk pile and you'll end up with nothing. Zero, zip, nada.

Using a more common sense approach to accomplish the same goals appeals to more people and would make it harder to overturn. It's a base line that may be sustainable. From there, you can work to advance those changes into what many are talking about now.

The Wright Brothers didn't start by inventing a 747. You have to crawl before you walk.

Having medicare for all doesn't mean you have to do away with people having a choice to keep their employer based healthcare.

Helping students greatly reduce their college debt and decrease their interest rate doesn't require, "free college for all". Are those things that can be achieved over time? Possibly.

But if you think you can do those things, in that way, and they will stand the test of time? You would be wrong. It would be very temporary. And in the end, you will be left with nothing.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Dude...I'm not going to argue with you as you have your POV and I have mine. It will go in circles just as so many of these threads do.

I also understand the irony of my example of Sanders who himself is a boomer, but he has, to his credit, been thinking outside the box for decades and he listens to many views and other people (POC, LGBTQ) to understand their perspective. Again, I am not endorsing him...just using him as the easy example as to how the mainstream moderate Dem like Biden is trying to pander to both sides and ultimately true change and a proper stance gets lost.

I do think it is time for the boomers to relinquish the torch and hand it on. They seem to have forgotten just how monumental it was for their generation when Kennedy won. But, they are hell bent on holding on to that torch for as long as they can (just as their parents/grandparents generation were).

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think where we really disagree is where you see it as "both sides". That's the mentality that's going to drown us all.

We actually have pretty much the same end goal, we just different ways and speeds of getting there.

That's not "both sides". That's the "same side".

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I think where we really disagree is where you see it as "both sides". That's the mentality that's going to drown us all.

We actually have pretty much the same end goal, we just different ways and speeds of getting there.

That's not "both sides". That's the "same side".

The mainstream moderate Dem wants to pander to both sides.

AND, I am not talking about Trump's right or Bernie's left....I'm talking about your bog standard, traditional GOP and your bog standard traditional Dem.

I think people, society, communities and the USA has changed...life is organic and as with teachers whose kids are different today than they were 10 years ago....politicians also need to adapt and grow. I don't see that with Biden. In fact, I see the opposite. He is like the old school teacher who refuses to accept new ideas and believes that what they were teaching and how they were teaching 20-30 years ago still works today. It doesn't because the kids in their classroom have changed as has our perspective of teaching. Growth mindset....remove one's ego from it to learn and always continue to WANT to educate yourself to be the best.

And, with that will come a voice that is strong and can resonate to others. But, it will still always have its critics, but the message will be for the good.

That's how I see it, anyhow.

Last edited by PDXBrownsFan; 08/07/19 02:43 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you actually touched on a great point. Classrooms and have changed over the past 10 years. But there haven't been enough people coming out of those classrooms in the last 10 years to win a national election.

One thing about it. For any of us to achieve any of the goals we would both like to see, first you have to get elected.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I think you actually touched on a great point. Classrooms and have changed over the past 10 years. But there haven't been enough people coming out of those classrooms in the last 10 years to win a national election.

One thing about it. For any of us to achieve any of the goals we would both like to see, first you have to get elected.

I couldn't disagree more. Obviously, one has to go further back than 10 years as you have to be 35 to run for Prez. But, every day, every month, every year I see great things and amazing potential in young people. AND, I have had some incredible conversations that are far more wise than many I have had with adults. But, because of their age they continually have to go up against those who are older who think they are too young to understand. With age may come wisdom, but wisdom is only achieved if one is willing to listen and learn from others and continually question themselves and grow as a human being. If one is willing to work hard to make strives in changing their own narrative as well as the narrative in their community and their country...that is when the status quo is broken and significant progress can happen.

Regarding the current crop of Dems...there are millennials and Gen X'ers in the group who rightfully deserve to be heard to help distinguish from the same old rhetoric. But, because of how our system is and the media they give a biased amount of airtime to those they perceive are leading the field. That isn't fair to the candidate nor is it fair to the voting public because it means the media are controlling the narrative.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet it was only 10 and 6 years ago respectively that Obama was elected by the Democrats. And now a very short time later the far left progressive candidates are attacking Biden on that very record.

Just a few short years later they seem to think that everything that created a situation where they controlled The White House should be placed on the scrap heap.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Yet it was only 10 and 6 years ago respectively that Obama was elected by the Democrats. And now a very short time later the far left progressive candidates are attacking Biden on that very record.

Just a few short years later they seem to think that everything that created a situation where they controlled The White House should be placed on the scrap heap.

But, we weren't talking about this. The Dem candidates attacking Biden and in turn some of Obama's legacy isn't the crux of the conversation we are/were having. Ultimately, that is all background noise and stopping us from seeing the real issue w/Biden as a candidate. He may represent change from the current Trump admin, which is GOOD, but, when it comes to truly making progress and change it won't happen. It will be back to the status quo we were in BEFORE Trump.

P
Legend
Legend
P
All I can say is good luck with that. I'm going to vote for a Democrat because at this point, anything is better than Trump. Even if they serve up a candidate I don't care for.

But then I live in Tennessee where Trump will win anyway.

That might be your only saving grace when you tell working Americans they can't keep their healthcare. And tell people they have to pay in full for the college tuition of other people's children.

Such programs won't be popular and won't last for long. And I doubt they'll ever get by the house and senate. It's not like I'm screaming out against those things. It's just that I know how cramming too much too soon down the throats of Americans will work out in the end.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not so sure Trump will win handily in the red states. Some conservative women seem to be starting to distance themselves. Trump has taken a ton of damage the last few days over these killings. Women don't want their kids getting shot up.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
All I can do is my part and vote. But if you wish to make a side bet on which party wins Tennessee in 2020, PM me. I'll take that bet. wink

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I'm not so sure Trump will win handily in the red states. Some conservative women seem to be starting to distance themselves. Trump has taken a ton of damage the last few days over these killings. Women don't want their kids getting shot up.

Myself, I've not seen what you describe. Small sample, I know. What I HAVE seen is misinformation and lies about Trump hardening many people into voting for him.

The left, and the msm may not see that what they are doing just might, MIGHT, hurt the libs chance.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
All I can say is good luck with that. I'm going to vote for a Democrat because at this point, anything is better than Trump. Even if they serve up a candidate I don't care for.

I understand different state = different politics. Oregon is blue, but only because of Portland and Eugene. Leave either of those cities and drive 60 miles east or west (or south of Eugene) and it is red and not too dissimilar to TN.

It is still early in the process...listen to the candidates beyond the mainstream media who are biased on airtime. Read...make your mind up and vote. Who knows, one of them other than Biden can rise and still defeat Trump. Otherwise, you ARE giving in to the status quo very early before NH or Iowa, even.

But hey, you do you and I will do me. And yes, I agree any of the Dems would be better than DT. Even Marianne Williamson! But, I also think a ferret would be better than the current occupier.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

I understand different state = different politics. Oregon is blue, but only because of Portland and Eugene. Leave either of those cities and drive 60 miles east or west (or south of Eugene) and it is red and not too dissimilar to TN.

It is still early in the process...listen to the candidates beyond the mainstream media who are biased on airtime. Read...make your mind up and vote. Who knows, one of them other than Biden can rise and still defeat Trump. Otherwise, you ARE giving in to the status quo very early before NH or Iowa, even.

But hey, you do you and I will do me. And yes, I agree any of the Dems would be better than DT. Even Marianne Williamson! But, I also think a ferret would be better than the current occupier.

I know it will never happen, but I would really struggle with voting for her. I think her heart is in the right place, and I think she is very intelligent... but her cult like following and intensity when speaking reminds me of Hitler giving speeches. She's far from fascist, but not far from bananas. the hell of it is that she actually makes some good points if she could drop the 'love' aspect. I'm sorry but I don't want to love everybody, but I wouldn't mind a 'summer of free love' again.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/07/19 05:44 PM.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Marianne Williamson

I know it will never happen, but I would really struggle with voting for her. I think her heart is in the right place, and I think she is very intelligent... but her cult like following and intensity when speaking reminds me of Hitler giving speeches. She's far from fascist, but not far from bananas. the hell of it is that she actually makes some good points if she could drop the 'love' aspect. I'm sorry but I don't want to love everybody, but I wouldn't mind a 'summer of free love' again.

Dude, she has no chance and I said after the 1st debate that she was a cartoon character. She was better in the 2nd debate, not quite as bats@#$ crazy sounding, but she won't be there for the Sept debates. She talks as if she spent too much time with Timothy Leary eating fistfulls of Orange Sunshine blotter! BUT, I will take somebody sounding like an acid head talking about "love" over somebody who uses hateful, inciteful language like the current occupier. But, I'm also using her as an example of the extreme and how low we have fallen w/this guy.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I knew what you were saying, my statement was pretty much the same meaning. I would still struggle if I had to vote for her, but I wouldn't hold taking good acid against her.

Legend
Legend
progressives can win because Trump just blinked first in his own stupid ass trade war.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
progressives can win because Trump just blinked first in his own stupid ass trade war.

Yeah, I heard Christmas profits are a concern... rolleyes

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

"It’s very frustrating because I like to think on the left we don’t do things like that,” Williamson said. “So it’s been a bit of a wake-up call". rofl She's just finding out now how treacherous the left is?

Marianne Williamson: ‘Ancient Strain of Misogyny’ at Work to Keep Her Out of Next Dem Debates

Penny Starr11

Aug 2019

New Age guru and presidential hopeful Marianne Williamson believes her fellow Democrats and “an ancient strain of misogyny” are at work to keep her out of the next debate in September.

“There’s [a] well-strategized effort to smear me,” Williamson told DailyMail while the candidate took part in the traditional Iowa Wing Ding dinner fundraiser on Friday.

‘It’s very frustrating because I like to think on the left we don’t do things like that,” Williamson said. “So it’s been a bit of a wake-up call.

“But apparently there’s some very powerful forces that want to make sure I’m not in that third debate so I must be doing something right if they’ve worked so hard to create that,” Williamson said.

But while she blames her peers, she did not name them in the DailyMail report.

Williamson’s campaign has been haunted by some of her previous stances on issues such as an anti-vaccine stance and negative remarks about anti-depressants, which she has said are mischaracterizations.

“I’m a Jew,” Williamson said in the DailyMail report. “I go to the doctor. This idea of me not being for medicine is preposterous.”

“It is it is a characterization, a mischaracterization, a caricature … that clearly somebody finds to their political benefit to create and spread,” Williamson said.

But so far it is the requirements to qualify for the next debate holding Williamson back. She is currently short 13,000 unique donors of the 130,000 required and a 2 percent showing in four approved polls.

The deadline to meet those requirements is Aug. 28.

‘I’m in it,” Williamson said. “And as long as my heart says I’m in it, I’m in it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/...ext-dem-debate/

Legend
Legend
Another victim of Utopian snake bite.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nope, sorry Marianne, it has nothing to do with misogyny and everything to do with the fact that you are way, way out there as a presidential candidate.

Try again.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
I wish she would quit wasting our time.
Write another book. Do some more 'Oprah Time.' Keynote another self-help symposium.

Knock yo damself out, grlfrnd....

...but pa-LEEEEZE give this POTUS stuff up.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
jc

progressive can win.

why? because they wont be spending every freaking day live tweeting fox news, like trump is doing RIGHT NOW.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus How Progressives Can Win the Election

Link Copied to Clipboard