Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker isn't an assistant coach

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for the info. I did not know that. So, the message is that coaches can't talk about the inner dealings of the team, but certain players or a certain player can.

Got it, Freddie! thumbsup

Btw............I like Freddie, but he says some things that are going to make it tough for me to defend if the the teams disappoints and y'all turn on him like you have every other single coach.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Thanks for the info. I did not know that. So, the message is that coaches can't talk about the inner dealings of the team, but certain players or a certain player can.

Btw............I like Freddie, but he says some things that are going to make it tough for me to defend if the the teams disappoints and y'all turn on him like you have every other single coach.

The question was about coaches, that's what he responded to. You're assuming there are different rules for players. He didn't say there were or weren't because he was never asked.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester

I'm not so sure about that.

V
Legend
Legend
V
My response went beyond the question he was asked. Baker already broke that trust when he ran his big freaking mouth to the media about an inside affair. Freddie did not cut him.

Guys get in trouble w/real players and coaches when they speak out of the both sides of their mouths. It doesn't bother guys like you, but it doesn't sit well in the locker room.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

He isn't an assistant coach.

He is an assistant GM. LOL

Legend
Legend
Heck, he could be an assistant owner if we win some titles
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

He isn't an assistant coach.

He is an assistant GM. LOL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL..............good point. Maybe even Mayor of Cleveland. Not that he would want that job. LOL

O
Legend
Legend
O
My response went beyond the question he was asked. Baker already broke that trust when he ran his big freaking mouth to the media about an inside affair. Freddie did not cut him.

Guys get in trouble w/real players and coaches when they speak out of the both sides of their mouths. It doesn't bother guys like you, but it doesn't sit well in the locker room.

Freddie goes before Baker at this point and it doesn't take a genius to know that, just saying.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
You think? LOL

O
Legend
Legend
O
You think? LOL

Nah, I just said it for effect. But you act like Freddie has some option to discipline Baker... he really doesn't. What's he going to do, sit him for a game? Maybe suspend him from practice? Nada, thats what.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/05/19 09:45 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
No, that isn't how I am "acting." I was a player. I was a coach. I know how these things go. Consistency is a key if you want loyalty.

In other words, don't have different rules for different people if you want to remain credible. So, if you won't/can't enforce a rule on one person, than shut your mouth about enforcing that same rule on another person.

It's about consistency.

Now, I get how some folks who never played or coached don't understand that and that is cool. I was just trying to provide some insight on how a locker room works.

Legend
Legend
Dayumm. You just can't contain that Baker hate.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Are you saying that Baker doesn't have a say in how things are done? Are you saying that Freddie won't be on the chopping block before Baker? Are you saying that Hue and Haley were not fired in part due to Baker's thoughts? Are you saying that part of the reason Freddie was hired wasn't because of Baker's recommendation?

LOL.................none of that is true and it's all about my "hate for Baker." rofl

Legend
Legend

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You are making inferences that have no substance to them.
The quote was if an assistant coach ... he would be fired.
No where does it say that is okay for players to do it.
No where does it say a player wouldn't be punished for doing it.

I would assume a player would get some kind of punishment.
I would doubt all players would get the same punishment.
If it was J.T Hassel, he probably gets cut
If it is Baker or Bitonio they probably run until they puke or something equivalent

Last edited by Jester; 08/05/19 10:36 PM.

V
Legend
Legend
V
"Hey guys.............let's gang up and make fun of the guy we don't agree with. We're so cool and he is not."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No, that isn't how I am "acting." I was a player. I was a coach. I know how these things go. Consistency is a key if you want loyalty.

In other words, don't have different rules for different people if you want to remain credible. So, if you won't/can't enforce a rule on one person, than shut your mouth about enforcing that same rule on another person.

It's about consistency.

Now, I get how some folks who never played or coached don't understand that and that is cool. I was just trying to provide some insight on how a locker room works.

Jimmy Johnson was very outspoken that all players are not created equal.
The 53rd man on the roster does not get the leeway they would give Troy Aikman

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

That is your opinion and I'm okay w/that. However, I disagree and I won't resort to insulting or belittling you like Fate has chosen to do to prove my point.

Let's just say..........we disagree.

L
Legend
Legend
L

It's about consistency.

Jimmy Johnson was very outspoken that all players are not created equal.
The 53rd man on the roster does not get the leeway they would give Troy Aikman

Very true. That's just the way she goes.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

That is your opinion and I'm okay w/that. However, I disagree and I won't resort to insulting or belittling you like Fate has chosen to do to prove my point.

Let's just say..........we disagree.

You're right dude, seriously, that was uncalled for. I apologize. Do you want me to delete it or leave it there?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Are you saying that Baker doesn't have a say in how things are done? Are you saying that Freddie won't be on the chopping block before Baker? Are you saying that Hue and Haley were not fired in part due to Baker's thoughts? Are you saying that part of the reason Freddie was hired wasn't because of...

No, I'm saying you can't contain your Baker hate. You post any and every negative you can find on the guy.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
I get your reasoning. If you--and others--make this about me, then the focus goes away from the real topic. Can't say I am a fan of such a strategy, but to each his own.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Kitchens is more bothered by the unnamed part than the "inside info" part. Baker doesn't shy away from putting his name on his opinions. Kitchens has complimented his calling guys out. If you've got something to say, say it instead of the sneaky backstabbing. Honesty and trust seem big deals to Freddie.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

I think most of us see that this is good team, and we expect them to perform as such. That means winning games.

There's also the reality that this is mostly a new coaching staff, with a new offense, and so on. It's reasonable to expect some growing pains and I hope people don't start panicking too soon if the season doesn't get off to the start we hope it does.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Haus

I think most of us see that this is good team, and we expect them to perform as such. That means winning games.

There's also the reality that this is mostly a new coaching staff, with a new offense, and so on. It's reasonable to expect some growing pains and I hope people don't start panicking too soon if the season doesn't get off to the start we hope it does.

You mean the boat to the 'Isle' could spring a leak? willynilly

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
Legend
D
Barring injuries or bad OL play I expect fireworks from the get go .. the skill position talent on this team is off the charts and will overcome a lot of the growing pains ... oh, there will be improvement as they mesh and the coaches get to “know” them better ... but i don’t expect the O to “sputter” out of the gate due to growing pains ... way too much talent as long as the OL does close to their jobs ... thumbsup

S
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
S
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Barring injuries or bad OL play I expect fireworks from the get go .. the skill position talent on this team is off the charts and will overcome a lot of the growing pains ... oh, there will be improvement as they mesh and the coaches get to “know” them better ... but i don’t expect the O to “sputter” out of the gate due to growing pains ... way too much talent as long as the OL does close to their jobs ... thumbsup

Better hope it works better than this.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL Coaching news II

Link Copied to Clipboard