Print Thread
#1648317 08/10/19 08:51 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E

Kitchens should be applauded as he makes the most out of the system set up by the NFL.

What a unique idea. You are going to have the starters in for One series. Make that series a 2 minute drill!

We start out the game with some OH NO rolleyes reaction as we have a penalty on the kick off return putting us in a bad field position and then Baker on his first pass throws behind the WR for an incomplete.

Then we get reminded that we actually now have a Franchise QB and some talent. Baker was perfect from there on in and I think every completion was for a first down and most of the runs were decent chunks.

The OL with Kush has solidified their starting five. He is nothing to get excited about but he knows where he has to be and what his job is. He is the best choice for the PASS Pro blocking. Possibly a bit shy in his run blocking. But until we pick up somebody better or this kid Corbett steps out of being a bust. This is what we got!

Our Defense is awesome even though we went without Richardson or Vernon 50% of our DL it still was amazing.

Garrett btw is a HOF player and can be the best ever in his position. As he simply blows by blockers and double teams he will be a GET A HOLD CALL MACHINE as that is the only thing the OL can do. Imagine our DL with all the starters. My GOODNESS.

Taki is the Eveready Bunny his motor does not stop as Schobert took the day off I think. Kirksey was there at the bgeginning I believe but he too ended his day early.

How can we get Mack Wilson on the field. He is a turnover machine. With our pass rush making the QB throw short and early he will be an INT MACHINE!!!

The only negative I saw from our Defense was WAY TOO MUCH YARDAGE from scrambling QBs.

Also throughout the NFL a lot of ARM TACKLING!

John Dorsey is a genius as a GM I cannot believe we got this guy for building our team.

He gets football players from the middle rounds to become IMPACT for our team. maybe Wilson can become our SS as I was not impressed with the guys we put out there...they were serviceable but didn't see any STUD out there.

We made ONE MISTAKE as the rookie Greedy had his man covered on the outside and when the WR went upfield he passed him off to NO ONE!!! Nobody was there actually the safety was a few yards to Greedy's right but should have been visible to him. That one mistake was a TD as the WR had nobody near him and went in untouched. Ok rookie mistake or was it the Safeties mistake??? We don't know the call but all Assumed it was Greedy's mistake.

Special teams was excellent.

Joseph missed another extra point which is why I want him gone, we just cannot trust him game day.

Now the only other question I have is who was holding for Joseph on that PAT was it Colquitt or the Scottish guy cause I read somewhere that most of the misses by both kickers was when the Scottish kid was holding. Why I think our Back up QB should be the holder, I think we should GO BACK to the good ole days when the back up QB was the holder. I don't see why I get it but realistically the back up once the season starts doesn't get many reps at all! He can do both.

I do not wish to see our PUNTING decision to let go a young kid who could be around for 10+ years over an aging vet because he is the better HOLDER!

Both punted well the kid didn't boom one yet but apparently his bad kick is around 45 yards with no return!

We all saw the return by Giusseppi the Pizza man! He made his delivery as a lane opened up and he took off with nobody able to catch him. Kid has some speed...He did bobble the ball off his chest on the catch but after that it was just pure raw speed.

The Brotherhood of this team is like no other and you can tell its Baker who is showing the way as they all get excited for their Fellow Browns success. Every INT was celebrated and that Punt Return for the TD was as if it was the last pitch of a no hitter in a World Series game...60 came off the bench to congratulate him. Baker taking the ball from him so it could be secured as a keep sake. This is a walk on which is very hard to be in the NFL that had a Rudy moment on the field.

But the love for each other is very noticeable.

On O we didnt have our #1 n #2 WR out there and we still looked unstoppable. I know it was one series against one of the worst teams out there...still we looked like no other offense I ever saw in all our years here!

I know this is coming late as preseason I at the will of NFL Network on when they show our game.

But its just preseason which means nothing as I believe we were 4-0 before under Hue...but you can tell this is different, the domination is REAL and I think we will get MUCH BETTER. This team can be like no other we ever had - Dare I say DYNASTY is at our feet!

What did you see?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Thanks EO.. I didn’t see the game. Great post. Sounds like we’re off to a great start.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Left a lot out there for others but don't know how much will post as I get this up late.

I was impressed with Gilbert as he completed two deep outs Once to the left and then another to the right, that is the hardest NFL throw and he executed it perfectly. For me he is the guy to go to if anything happens to our Franchise guy.

Hilliard was not that impressive out side of his route running and pass catching. But I don't see him getting too much outside of giving Chubb a blow here and there. Chubb is a STUD and I think one of the best RBs in the NFL.

I didnt see us utilize our TE's much.

We did not execute (Number Twos and Threes) the screen pass - Baker I don't think threw one.

I have to give him special props to his last throw. There was a Safety in place to make the INT but Baker threw the ball just enough over the head of the safety and into the hands of our WR for the TD. Just a great throw that some might think he was just lucky but he does this time and again so that he really is that accurate. One of the best in the game and HE IS A BROWN!

All these years of mediocrity hard not to get excited.

Higgins who with OBJ and Landry sitting out showed that he could probably start for any team in the NFL! Kid is an excellent route runner, most cannot appreciate that but there he was running perfect routes for not just Baker but the other QBs as well.

The only RB outside of Chubb that move me was the kid Trayone Gray I thought he had that extra special in him. I believe he is last on our depth chart cause he didn't get a shot till late in the game. But he showed me something. Hope he moves up the ladder.

Got to see Giusseppi with the starting return team - if he breaks one or two with them...then I think he can achieve the impossible and make our roster!

Strong looked good I think his comeback from his injury is now complete. Man are we stacked at WR.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Left a lot out there for others but don't know how much will post as I get this up late.

I think part of the problem is that most of us posted our thoughts on the other thread. I guess I could re-post them on here. Let me go look...

....Okay, I had two posts on the other thread. Here is the first one:

Quote:
I will comment more after I watch the entire game, but I was able to see the first drive by both teams and Washington's first scoring drive because there was a lightning delay in the New York game and NFL Network showed those three drives of our game.

--Baker looked very sharp. Accurate passes. Good velocity. Moved well in the pocket.

--The OL game him a lot of time--and room--to throw. That was very encouraging.

--Higgins and Strong looked very good.

--Chubb had a nice move and finished the run w/power.

--Myles was quick off the snap.

--Thomas had a nice play and Greedy made a nice tackle.

--Coverage was spotty.

--I think there was a miscommunication between Greedy and the safety on the TD.

Here is the second one:

Quote:
j/c:

I posted earlier because I saw three drives due to the weather delay in the Jets/Giants game last night. I'll reiterate a bit and offer some observations of some other guys.

--Baker was awesome. Decisive. Checked-down when needed. Accurate. I loved how he was leading the cheers for the team a good part of the night. [Note: I said that earlier, but I feel I have to repeat it because people get very sensitive about him.]

Okay.............new stuff:

--Mack Wilson is a superior athlete. Dude jumps off the screen. Great range. Great hands. Speed. He looked great in coverage and rushed the passer well. Runs guys down in the running game, but lacks bulk/strength at the point of attack in the running game. I really like this guy.

--Not as impressed by Taki as some.

--Not sure who this Burris guys is. His number is 31. He flashed on the screen for me. Very decisive and goes from A to B very quickly.

--Whitehead, the Safety, looked pretty good. He's got a nose for the ball.

--Kush did a very good job in pass pro.

--DJ Montgomery impressed me w/that highpoint catch down the sideline.

--Hyman looked good and then he fumbled. Tough break.

--Higgins shined. I think ed and I were the only two guys that wanted the Browns to draft him. Glad we did.

--Strong looked good, too.

--Not impressed by the backup RBs. The one dude from Miami looked okay, but he runs too upright.

--Our DL has a lot of talent.

--My favorite moment was the punt return by Sheely-Guisepi [sorry if I butchered the spelling] Dude is certainly fast, but the best part was the reaction of almost the entire team. The one dude accidentally clothes-lined him and I think he was really hurting from that. But, what a great moment. Those guys are rooting for him. And I think it's events like that that can really bring a team together. He probably won't make the team............but, what a great moment.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw OBJ cheesing big time on the sideline. (As in had a giant smile on his face)

He, Landry, and Baker were standing shoulder to shoulder frequently.

I saw Trayone Gray show some juice on a couple runs. I'd like to see how he does with more carries, maybe some in goal to go situations in particular. Didn't notice his pass pro, either.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Agree with your take on Joseph.

I think Hilliard will get better, but how soon?

We'll see how the refs do with holding calls against Garrett this season. Maybe since the media has been fawning over us......

Nervous to see Pharoah dinged up.

More nervous to see Kalis's concussion.

Can't offer anything different than others when describing what I saw from Stanton.

Worried a bit about Safety depth.

More encouraged than I thought I would be regarding LB group.

Etc......

As goes Mayfield, so go the Browns.

Side note: I remember sometimes posting on your weekly thread of the same name back in '06 and '07. What happened? Did you hand it over to someone else?

Legend
Legend
Thanks for posting once again ... I agree about Garrett. He’s at like another level athletically than just about everyone else. He just blows by people and bends and is stronger, etc. Staying healthy is about his only hurdle now.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
MG is a 3rd year guy with a reputation now ... he’ll draw plenty of flags this year ... i’ll Be shocked if theirs not a decent increase ... they’ll never call enough for u guys but their will be a noticeable uptick ... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
GOod point; I hope he gets that treatment by the refs. At the very least, the holds should be called half the time. Last year it was like 5% (or so it seemed lol)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For once...

The Offense wasn't offensive AND...

The Defense wasn't indefensible...:)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh and you are correct about a simple extra point...Joseph has to go!

I'd rather have a competent extra point kicker than a big leg that can kick it 50 yards, but can't make a single extra point time in and time out.

I am a Bama fan, so I have first hand knowledge of bad field goal and extra point kicking...ugh!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Both punted well the kid didn't boom one yet but apparently his bad kick is around 45 yards with no return!
I believe every punt he had was a bad snap as well. They were all very low and he had to reach down to get it and hurry his motions.

I was pretty impressed with him.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
thank you for posting what you saw..Vers, I refuse to rush and get my post up first. Its something I've been doing since 2001 but there is a difference. Its suppose to give the posters an opportunity to PAINT a picture for the few who simply could not see the game...point in case Perfect Spiral. Also why I started this was for many overseas who just could not see especially our service men and women!

Preseason I just dont get to see the game till NFL Networks runs it. So it will come up late in the Preseason.

In the past during the regular season I would hold off purposely for a day because after a loss we would have so so many rants post as in What I saw is WE SUCK! So I would wait a day or so for the heartbreak to stop a bit and post FOOTBALL.

I am going to go on hunch that I have to change that delay because we will no longer be losing much!!! Thank Goodness but Preseason I got no choice and I won't go out of my way to watch it sooner. Believe it or not my EGO is not that big.

But when I read one poster like Perfect Spiral who missed the game and then thanks me...I try to do an even better job of reporting.

I ask all not to post what they do on another. I try to ask a good eye for Football like yourself Vers...regardless of our dislikes of each other Fact is we both have a good eye for football.

I ask of you to take ONE Play, or more, and break it down in detail - just for that ONE or more person who could not view the game. Not a list of facts or opinions....but if you can PAINT that picture for the reader to be able to see what happened. Something I have to do better usually in my follow up posts I try to do some better "PAINTING"

So I know and understand why people might not post on my thread. But I try to have it a little different and although this poster who did Thought....did a good post but in the past I've had it where right after the game... a one sentence post would go up just to get it up quickly...I won't do that.

But regular season I do plan to get my initial post up much sooner as in I don't expect the rants of years past.

Bull Dawg...yeah OBJ and Landry I can guarantee you were real itchy to get in there and join the crew which shined.

Trayone Gray, I know surprised more haven't noticed he had that little extra something to ask to see more of him. Wonder why he was on the bottom of our depth chart? Is he not on page with our Offense. Is he a Game player and not that good in practices.

Glad somebody saw what I saw wink

AZ thank you for posting. I pretty much would put up the "What I saw thread" but with the losing would put it up late to filter out the insanity after a loss.

Pretty much been doing it since 2001 with some brief gaps.

I did leave the Board and continued to post on the Browns board but then that ended so came back here and possibly a few resented that??? Anyways as stated I won't make this a race with the other thread. I won't ask others to NOT Post there. I would hope for those who do not wish to duplicate their posts to pick something up and give a description like seeing OBJ and Landry on the sidelines and right about it. Something that just won't get noticed by many a good block and pick or a play that was really unique and describe it from beginning to end. Again I initially made this thread for the many who could not see games at the time....Now a days its few between but still if its one of our soldiers on patrol that day and he gets to read it or somebody at work. I will keep on doing it.

There should be room for more than one thread.

Dawg4life....thanks for contributing, yeah I really feel for the guy I could count on my hands and toes how many times I would see an OLman grappling Garrett around the neck from behind holding him from pursuing a QB or RB...it was sickening at times.

Hope Diam is right about the refs finally giving him some respect. Hey call the hold everytime and soon they will stop and then he will dominate games on the field of play not via the yellow flag! I'm telling you all this kid is a genuine Superstar on the lines of dominating like Reggie White!

SuperBrown...like your 2nd post it was the likes of the first that would remind me of why I would wait after losses...lol laugh

But yeah I don't care what he does in practice the fact that he misses an extra point often I just don't have confidence in him and obviously he doesn't have confidence in himself.

We draft Sonny Seibert for a reason and I would trust the rookie will settle down and be a bit more consistent that Joseph. Following OK a lot the last couple of years I was impressed with the consistency and the way Seibert would get that ball up HIGH and Quick kick after kick...and I beleive I read he had a stronger leg for kick offs. He is kicking it high and far for our coverage to get down there and consistently stop them well before the 25!

Willit evachange...oh yes, it will smile grin finally

Thanks for noticing yes I agree on seeing the same thing those low snaps...did he have a different long snapper???

Who was holding on Joseph's missed ex point I tried to see a number or long hair but could not. That would be the only reason to keep Colquitt over the Scottish kid is if there is a glaring difference on the hold. But nothing against Colquitt as he is Good but the kid could be GREAT not just good. And we are building a Force of a special teams getting a kicker who can boom them high and far will be great!

What did you all see....I don't remember seeing Randall, did he play or took off as some others did.
Vernon, Richardson, Schobert, Hunt, Avery???, OBJ, Landry, Did Njoku play?

Sorry about the concussion for Kalis??? but a back up OG and Center seems to be the kid Corbett. I still am a little shocked at Dorsey missing that pick. at 33 we should have gotten a stud in the interior...not a backup!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Willit evachange...oh yes, it will smile grin finally

Thanks for noticing yes I agree on seeing the same thing those low snaps...did he have a different long snapper???
I do not recall if he had a different snapper or not. Good question.

I do think I like the younger kid a bit better. I think he could be a guy to lock down the position for 15 years. I think I like his HANGTIME more than just his distance. A lot of guys can boot a ball far, but if you don't give your Kick team time to get down there, it don't matter.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tabber.......I've been a fan since Sipe.

This is the first year since 89 that I actually have excitement and hope!

It will be great for a change to dismiss my usual offensive offense and defensive defense posts!... brownie

Go Browns!

Legend
Legend
Sooo... we can look forward to scores like this in the prediction threads?

Browns 77
Titans 2

This will be fun.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 30 Redskins 10 What I saw Preseason #1

Link Copied to Clipboard